WIP: Mara Jade

The Shin's aren't the hyper accurate ones yet but we had a play around today to try it all out looking sharp !

wc5LNqb.jpg

T5apHaJ.jpg

What do you guys think ?

It's awesome but I have to wait 10 minutes for the page to load haha.

Seriously, superb job.

hahaha sorry about that I have optimized the images now and trimmed the size to less than a 5th of the size they were as a result the page loads MUCH quicker haha i was a bit snap happy and didn't consider sizing at the time just logging everything i did for prosperity

Great...:eek
Awesome job.

Are you going to share some close-ups of the "belt loop"?

Certainly, on the thigh loop I've added a small button loop to hold the upper part of the central shaft due to the weighting on the saber it hangs at a really nice angle and at the height height for hands (see photo below)

nAI8Mdw.jpg

I'll sort some close up shots tonight for you, I actually didn't do any shots in progress :facepalm as we were eager to shoot and get the shots done that night but i'll make a detailed write-up on what I've done furthermore now the project is complete i may go back and edit my posts to fill in any holes i'd missed in my description and process as i was going through it for any new Mara's

great news today we got an email of support from Lucas Film !:

Hi Luke,

I did a search for the images you are interested in and unfortunately was not able to locate them.

Good luck with your costume build. I wish we could be of more help to you in your venture.

Cheers,
Este Meza | Events | Lucasfilm Ltd. |

two things firstly I'm over the moon that someone at Lucas Film got in touch it means a lot to know they read and respond to their emails (even 2 months late is great !!) and I actually got a real response that wasn't just the "No go away" I expected

Secondly with this although it doesn't look like much I've gotten back in touch with the original photographer about the additional shots as I'd considered he may not have responded thinking it could get him into trouble so perhaps this might give him the push/confidence to send me anything he has on the costume

Cross your fingers for me guys !!

Last edited by a moderator:
Crossing fingers :popcorn

he got back in touch and unfortunately it would be a great deal of work to track down the originals and any extras as a working professional i can understand and respect this. his only advice was to get in touch with decipher who are long since defunct i hadn't had any luck tracking down any decipher inc employees from the past :/

Great...:eek
Awesome job.

Are you going to share some close-ups of the "belt loop"?

just realised this totally slipped my mind !!

the belt loop is attached with 2 press studs so we can interchange it later with a han solo holster

FSuVmY6.jpg

COfrgIT.jpg

w7FFAaw.jpg

also my final hope responded today i managed to track down decipher inc's creative Dan burns well his niece .. who is putting me in touch with him now haha maybe we'll get some more great information there !

I have come into this very late, but OMFG. This is amazing. What a lot of great work you did for this. I am working on a starter one for this weekend, but plan on getting better for NYCC 2016

I'll be starting Mara some time in the near future, and I'll likely be getting your clasps from Shapeways. I'm curious about the back plate, though - would you be willing to offer that via Shapeways, the 3D file itself, or even a cast?

I'll be starting Mara some time in the near future, and I'll likely be getting your clasps from Shapeways. I'm curious about the back plate, though - would you be willing to offer that via Shapeways, the 3D file itself, or even a cast?

VERY late to the game on this to respond haha i intended to cast this for an age just finished it tonight and wanted to share !! happy to provide to any who want/need also

74mSlwy.jpg

Lol I know this thread is old, but I found this while doing research for my Mara build. Any chance you'd still be interested in sharing your files/custom quote, sni9er? :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back