Blade Runner - Officer K's Blaster for 3Dprinting (Yet another one, sorry!)

Looks awesome, dude. The printer at my library has been out of commission for what seems like forever, but as soon as it's up and running again I'll be printing one of these. I'll be sure to send over a tip for all your hard work when I do.

I honestly did not know libraries have 3D printers. What kind of printer should I be looking for?

I honestly did not know libraries have 3D printers. What kind of printer should I be looking for?
Depends on the library, I guess. My local one has a small "makerspace" with a few 3D printers and some other things. My university had a 3D printer as well. There's also 3D Hubs, which lets you search for local printers around you. It's usually just people printing out of their house using their own printers, and it's much more affordable than going through Shapeways.

I'm pretty new to 3D printing so I'm not sure what kind of printer would work best.

Im sure some members will be okay with printing some extras for people who show interest.
Maybe coordinate with people in this thread and arrange some deal.

Just a heads up there was a mesh problem in the body.stl piece.. which has been fixed now!
The part should print fine even with the mistake (weird hollow shape inside), but if you haven't printed that piece yet, just re-download it from thingiverse!

Finding another K blaster pop up on Thingiverse made me excited.

Seeing the serial number and the offset dashes tipped me over the edge.

Looking forward to printing this.

I love it in pink hahah!

Seconded.

Im sure some members will be okay with printing some extras for people who show interest.
Maybe coordinate with people in this thread and arrange some deal.

Absolutely! I admire your attitude having made the file and releasing it.

I just finished printing this on my SLA resin printer and this is hands down one of the best designs of anything I have printed so far. The pieces all fit together with no sanding or filing needed (at least with a resin print). Even though everything fits, I did end up doing just a little sanding on the bottom barrel rail where it fits into the protector and main body. This was only to make it slide in place a little easier- I was afraid if I put too much force the resin would break...

Sayha one question... on the bottom of the 'spring' housing where the rail goes, half of it is flattened and grooved out but the other half isn't. Was this intentional? I ask because for me the rail didn't quite fit flush. I just filed out the other half and it fits like a glove now!

Here are some of my prints, these are of course before painting and right now the parts are just press fit together.

The barrel assembly
20180625_211030.jpg20180625_211049.jpg

Some of the main body test fitted
20180626_232151.jpg

All the parts press fit together
20180628_193537.jpg

It's not pretty right now due to some of the sanding of the pistol grip (to smooth out where the supports were). Next will be assembly of the sub components and then painting and final assembly.

Which printer and resolution did you use? Did you hollow the model first?
This is printed on an Anycubic Photon. Yes I hollowed the larger parts first before printing.I hollowed to 1.5mm wall thickness (didn't want to go 1mm like I usually do for strength reasons)

Awesome job! This is really clean and detailed.

I was searching through a video for another prop I'm working on, and Doug Harlocker talks about breaking out the vent /cooling details along the barrel of this blaster into individual little pieces to give it a little more of that special something. Never noticed that before, but I might try that if I get around to printing one someday!

https://youtu.be/1fAk0CObPE4?t=20m41s

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back