Kylo Ren Hasbro Force FX Lightsaber

If you're painting it, then yes you can even make it out of wood if you're gonna paint it black. If not it would have to be some type of steel, or iron. Going with softer metals like copper or aluminum, and even wood would be easier if you don't have tools for working metal. Just paint it up and It should be good.

Re-blued the side emitters and figured out a way to make the belly skinnier. Hopefully I finish this before the 17th.

1449262999054-1555450514.jpg

Wow! Most impressive. While I feel the photos of the hero prop reveal the hasbro lightsaber to be better than originally thought, those mods make a world of difference

Thanks, I will be finishing the side emitters and the body next week just waiting on materials I need.

I will have some extra material even after making two sets of side emitters. Would anyone be interested in a mod kit for these mods?

Thanks, I will be finishing the side emitters and the body next week just waiting on materials I need.

I will have some extra material even after making two sets of side emitters. Would anyone be interested in a mod kit for these mods?

Nice.How much for kit? Id be interested

Nice.How much for kit? Id be interested[/QUOTE]

It'll be probably around $60-70, but that can change depending on how much material the middle handle details end up needing, although that's a pretty close approximation according to the measurements I've made.

The materials I ordered are coming monday, so I'll be finishing mine and @kroenen77's. I'm probably gonna post pics of the complete mod Mon night or Tue. Then I'll see how many ppl are interested so I can give you guys an accurate price.

The kit will be two steel side emitters, with the bluing details, and aluminum handle body details, plus instructions on how to modify it.

Stay tuned!

The materials I ordered are coming monday, so I'll be finishing mine and @kroenen77's. I'm probably gonna post pics of the complete mod Mon night or Tue. Then I'll see how many ppl are interested so I can give you guys an accurate price.

The kit will be two steel side emitters, with the bluing details, and aluminum handle body details, plus instructions on how to modify it.

Stay tuned!

cool .For me,I think Id only need the emitters

cool .For me,I think Id only need the emitters

I can do that.

That looks great...is the electric also in the new body?Is it stable enough for swinging and fighting?
But how do you want to make the grooves in the new body?

All the electrics fit inside the body. Its stable enough for all the swinging you want to do fighting as well. the blade will break before the handle. its an aluminum tube.
The groves will be cut out and glued to the body with epoxy or jbweld. They're just for aesthetics and not actually structural.

Ive noticed after swinging this around that its more comfortable to hold, and where before my hands would tend to climb up the handle to reach the on switch the skinnier belly kinda keeps my hand right in the middle.

Thanks man, I was shocked too. I'm just glad it looks so much sexier now. Before it was cool but kinda fat and stumpy but still felt bad ass in the hand. Now its just awesome.

I can do that.

All the electrics fit inside the body. Its stable enough for all the swinging you want to do fighting as well. the blade will break before the handle. its an aluminum tube.
The groves will be cut out and glued to the body with epoxy or jbweld. They're just for aesthetics and not actually structural.

Ive noticed after swinging this around that its more comfortable to hold, and where before my hands would tend to climb up the handle to reach the on switch the skinnier belly kinda keeps my hand right in the middle.

Do you wanna machine this grooves in the aluminiumbody?

23914441jz.jpg

The metal for the base came in today so I decided to finish the side emitters. I re-made the bottom flares out of thicker stock to make it look right then blued everything again.
IMAG0398.jpgIMAG0396.jpg
Here's the finished result.
IMAG0404.jpgIMAG0401.jpg

The metal for the handle comes in tomorrow so I'll try to finish the handle by tom night.

I'm gonna try to make a list of ppl who want kits so I know how much material I need to order if need be. This is what I got.

1. Kroenen77 (Side emitters)
2. danzig (Side emitters)
3. Bartersnar (Side emitters & Handle)

Anyone else?

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back