Rogue One: Diego Luna/Captain Cassian Andor Costume Research

Ok, so i am going bananas with the stripe sizing. I initially spaced the stripes a 1" by .4" with 1" by .2" gaps. That gives me about 36-38 stripes per arm, which is nowhere near enough. Diego Luna is about my height, so unless his arms are abnormally longer than mine (which i doubt as I have given gorillas a run for the money), I need to adjust my design. One thing I noticed is that the puff additive grew the stripes to about .5", so Ideinitely decided to shrink them to .3". I am going to try two news screens, the first at 1" by .3" with .2" gaps which should get me about 42 - 46 stripes and one at 1" by .3" with .1" gaps which could give me 52-57 stripes.

I'll post up the results, when i finish

Ok, so i am going bananas with the stripe sizing. I initially spaced the stripes a 1" by .4" with 1" by .2" gaps. That gives me about 36-38 stripes per arm, which is nowhere near enough. Diego Luna is about my height, so unless his arms are abnormally longer than mine (which i doubt as I have given gorillas a run for the money), I need to adjust my design.

I had the same problem. When I spaced to have 50 stripes they looked too small, but counting them up on his jacket there should be more than the 37 visible that I got with 1cm x 3cm with a 2mm gap.

My screens have been giving me exposure problems. I'll try again tonight. Hopefully we'll have some visuals to compare this weekend. I'm gonna put it to a vote as to which ones look the best.

I had the same problem. When I spaced to have 50 stripes they looked too small, but counting them up on his jacket there should be more than the 37 visible that I got with 1cm x 3cm with a 2mm gap.

Hey all, newbie here. This is my first cosplay so I'm a little nervous but I think it's coming together nicely. Still working on fabricating the holster but I just got in all the clothing that I ordered. Hopefully the picture attached!

Attachments

• 2017-02-10 02.18.07 1.jpg
    2017-02-10 02.18.07 1.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 235
Here are my updates to the great stripes screening project. I was finally able to the exposure correct on the my screens and re-print them in the new dimensions. The 1" by .3" with .1" gaps stripes were definitely off. They were ultimately too crowded and not even worth viewing. The stripes with 1" by .3" with .2" gaps. looked correct and if i leave my sleeves just a tad long, I'll end up with about 51 stripes. I did a color comparison with a blend of 6:3:1 and 6:3:2 yellow, white and brown. Once again i added 15% by weight puff additive.

YIqFn7V.jpg

I believe that the set on the right are more true to the color, so I went with those.

8A6ZqrI.jpg

kYBzjzl.jpg

I'll update with pictures of the completed jacket shortly.

That looks amazing! Huge props to you and everyone making the rough going so that others can follow!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Here is V2.0 of the jacket. Much happier with this one. although it is largely the same as the first one. I feel that the stripes here are much more accurate. I also flipped the zipper, got more accurate buckles, and used a lighter thread for the contrast stitching. Now to work on the vest.

Great work! I don't suppose you take commissions? ;)

Here's an example. The boots I actually bought had black buckles with silver adjustment screws (the teal line in the center of the buckle on these) and basically just needed the Lange logo scraped off. I was able to pry the buckles out of the boot with some work, but others have found it easier to just saw the boot apart or drill out the rivet.

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee96/AtomicStables/SW/s-l1600_zpskeopeuut.jpg

Would you be willing to sell a pair of the other buckles on those boots? Not exact, but close enough?

I used an old outdoorsy vest pattern that I had in my arsenal.https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...l3_azrMpzZArpTvJBYRcWpHQ&ust=1487787820536120il_570xN.694250656_quf0.jpg

Since neither look was quite right I combined both styles. (neckline and collar of Look A, with the body of Look B) I self-lined it and left the sides disconnected. It is held together by the webbing and buckles. I filled it with .5" foam to get the look of a flak Jacket. I did the pockets myself.

Can I ask what you used as a pattern, or if you free-handed that? Every time I look at it, I think life jacket. Surprisingly, it seems people don't make patterns for life jackets.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

il_570xN.694250656_quf0.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back