Rogue One: Diego Luna/Captain Cassian Andor Costume Research

Team Jyn has been kind of at a loss for boot buckles because 3D print and resin are too fragile. (Yes, SA is too fragile. fml)

I know a guy trying to do a rubber cast. If it works out, I'll let him know there's interest for the bigger buckles too.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Anyone having any idea what buckle type this is: I can't seem to get a clear image of the buckle. Iam also wondering if the jacket is split near the bottom on both the left and right side?

Attachments

• C1.jpg
    C1.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 453
  • C2.jpg
    C2.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 455
  • C3.jpg
    C3.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 429
Looks like a big ladder lock slider. Jyn has small ones on her knee straps, but I saw a few big ones that size when I was at the military surplus store looking for SA vest buckles.

Looks like a big ladder lock slider. Jyn has small ones on her knee straps, but I saw a few big ones that size when I was at the military surplus store looking for SA vest buckles.

Any chance you have some pictures of that type of slider? Iam pretty sure it's metal (it looks metal) It's even harder to find some better pictures...

Who can tell me anything about Cassian's binoculars? Are they a found item? Is it a binocular case with lenses attached? Some sort of mash up?

I apologise if this has already been discussed, but I was curious about this blaster that Cassian uses to blast Krennic.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170318/295453b4c498548471c62fada6c59b85.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170318/10ed061f3f136c76f73818cf6ac1608f.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170318/17790820fe9f1712b412386ce7673136.jpg
I kinda like it!

After looking at some Five-Seven images, I'm pretty convinced that's what was used as the base for this blaster.

Has anybody got good reference on this little holdout blaster? I believe it was also used towards the start of the film when Cassian meets up with the informant.

Hey Dann, just found these images in the making of blu-ray content. Hope they help. Sorry they're photos of a screen but the PS4 disables screenshots on movies.
IMG_6317.JPGIMG_6319.JPGIMG_6320.JPGIMG_6321.JPG

Awesome, thanks!

Definitely a Five-Seven, and man it's pretty ugly, too!

Great shots of it, though!

Hello Everyone, Thanks so much to all of you, I took many ideas from this trend, and that was really good, you help me to finished my Cosplay,
I would like to share with you all the finding and the process that I had ben working to create my Captain Cassian Andor : Rogue One Costume, I will do many post for all the process... let me know if you want to know more about anything That I will show you

FYI. this photo is almost with the complete custom we only need to add the fabric belt, I already have it but just waiting for the buckle

WhatsApp Image 2023-07-30 at 23.16.35.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-07-30 at 23.16.14.jpeg

Here's a bigger version of that picture (source):

View attachment 685964

There seems to be variants of that kit, but since no one seems to want to take pictures that show the hinge, it's hard to tell which one they used.

Edit: here's some pictures of what looks like an incorrect variant:

View attachment 685967View attachment 685966View attachment 685965
It is definitely the German army gun-cleaning-kit ... check my thread: Military equipment used as props in Star Wars movies & series ... mostly presented Germans.
The German Army (Bundeswehr) is using this kit for different types of handguns. Only the attached cleaning-chain is different ... for the specific calibre.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back