Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

It,s true. Here's an image of the Fokker part from eBay.

ssdeed.jpg

Hey folks. Been collecting parts and working my slowly through the thread it's a wealth of information thank you all. I was wondering what this part might be. Thank you. D

center.jpg

Just to comment about images from this thread that were shown in the John Knoll presentation at Star Wars Celebration yesterday.....he showed the portside mandible with all different coloured parts similar to the image above

He was using the images to illustrate the fact that his team at ILM have made 3d models of many greeblies as CG components for future model making in the virtual world,....all those Tank & F1 kits

J

Hi

It was a great pleasure to see two part maps which I did for this thread being used in a way as to actually influence the work being done by ILM on Rogue One. Those who supplied the original image and who contributed to the information which the map displayed should feel very proud :)

Nick

Just to comment about images from this thread that were shown in the John Knoll presentation at Star Wars Celebration yesterday.....he showed the portside mandible with all different coloured parts similar to the image above

He was using the images to illustrate the fact that his team at ILM have made 3d models of many greeblies as CG components for future model making in the virtual world,....all those Tank & F1 kits

J

Hi

It was a great pleasure to see two part maps which I did for this thread being used in a way as to actually influence the work being done by ILM on Rogue One. Those who supplied the original image and who contributed to the information which the map displayed should feel very proud :)

Nick

It's gone full circle

J

Last edited:
Agreed, and congrats to all - it's nice to see some well deserved validation for all of the hard work and dedication! Now who's got a spare 1/24 M60??!! :)

When I worked at the BBC Visual Effects department in the 90's and we could see the growing impact CG was going to have on traditional effects techniques, especially miniature VFX stuff such as Red Dwarf, I and a colleague of mine Mike Tucker, began to do exactly what Knoll talked about on Friday. i.e making up virtual widgets ( or greeblies if you are Stateside) with which we could detail CG versions of Dr Who or Red Dwarf ships etc. In the end the work began to get grabbed by smaller cheaper outfits so we never got to really develop our traditionally informed approach to CG.

Nice to see that the top guys at ILM have looked at the work on this forum and elsewhere and arrived at similar conclusions. Mind you, they probably look at the part maps and think we are all nuts for doing it, but hey...

J

When I worked at the BBC Visual Effects department in the 90's and we could see the growing impact CG was going to have on traditional effects techniques, especially miniature VFX stuff such as Red Dwarf, I and a colleague of mine Mike Tucker, began to do exactly what Knoll talked about on Friday. i.e making up virtual widgets ( or greeblies if you are Stateside) with which we could detail CG versions of Dr Who or Red Dwarf ships etc. In the end the work began to get grabbed by smaller cheaper outfits so we never got to really develop our traditionally informed approach to CG.

Nice to see that the top guys at ILM have looked at the work on this forum and elsewhere and arrived at similar conclusions. Mind you, they probably look at the part maps and think we are all nuts for doing it, but hey...
Great background Gort , would love to see anything from RD , loved that series

Don't think so, Thought maybe a grille from a jeep, perhaps two opposite each other?
On a different note, Just purchased a full set of elevators for the engine deck and a cockpit and nose piece for the 5' 3D printed from Shapeways, I know it's cheating but will save a lot of time! will post pics when I receive them.

Don't think so, Thought maybe a grille from a jeep, perhaps two opposite each other?
On a different note, Just purchased a full set of elevators for the engine deck and a cockpit and nose piece for the 5' 3D printed from Shapeways, I know it's cheating but will save a lot of time! will post pics when I receive them.
Interested in seeing those

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back