Large scale Millennium Falcon Kit ID's**New Maps at start of thread**

Hey Stu - Thanks. That's made my day too. :) I had assumed it was the 1/12 version as I had found what looked like the part in question on a sprue scan of that kit. I guess they scale up and down parts for differing scales of the same subject matter, so the 1/18 must have a similar/ smaller version. Phew....

To your no doubt relief...it is the 1/18!.

Hey Nick, I was building on my model and noticed an error on a kit part if you wanted to edit your list. Part 4 the engine strut just under part 12 is an Airfix ME 109 not the Bandai. This is due to more detailing on the part on the Airfix that matches original.

2016-08-24_09-07-28.png

Also had a question a part...is this off a tank model?

2016-08-23_10-53-51.png

Hi Nick,

Just wanted to say thanks for spearheading this, tons of great info here! :thumbsup Your part maps aren't just great MF reference, I've been able to use them to ID a bunch of SD Devastator parts as well.

Thanks again!

terry

Hi

Thanks for the update. I must have got confused with all the info that was circulating at the time...it doesn't take much!. I'll amend this one and re-issue once I've finished my revisit/review of past maps.I'm thinking of trying to do a larger hi-rez version of the rear anyway, much like I'm doing now for the front.

Cheers
Nick

Hey Nick, I was building on my model and noticed an error on a kit part if you wanted to edit your list. Part 4 the engine strut just under part 12 is an Airfix ME 109 not the Bandai. This is due to more detailing on the part on the Airfix that matches original.

View attachment 657625

View attachment 657626

Hi Terry,

You are very welcome, glad they have provided some double-duty for the SD. I think seeing ILM and John Knoll using these maps for Rogue One VFX has re-invigorated me to carry on. Needless to say though the maps represent a lot of combined experience and expertise across this board. There are some parts now that I'm struggling to ID on my own so will have to ask folks here for any help they can offer so I can get the maps as complete as possible.

Cheers
Nick

Hi Nick,

Just wanted to say thanks for spearheading this, tons of great info here! :thumbsup Your part maps aren't just great MF reference, I've been able to use them to ID a bunch of SD Devastator parts as well.

Thanks again!

terry

PS: re that side part, I've not got to the point of really studying that yet. Seems to be the beginning of a change of angle/facet at the far left hand end. Interesting.I'll have to add it to my list of things to ponder over for the moment. Someone like Stu or Craig may well have nailed it already.

View attachment 657625

View attachment 657626

I tried to make a piece comparison here. I've always thought it's the Bandai. The Airfix doesn't seem to have the right ridges. Amazing maps here Gort they are what inspired me to work on some Y maps myself!!!
piece_comparison.png

I tried to make a piece comparison here. I've always thought it's the Bandai. The Airfix doesn't seem to have the right ridges. Amazing maps here Gort they are what inspired me to work on some Y maps myself!!!
View attachment 657706

I think 27heaven was talking about the BF109 engine frame, not the landing gears. The landing gears are Bandai, no doubt, but the engine support may be from the Airfix one (same part used on the ESB ATST). I havent checked myself, but both the landing gear and the engine support has the same # thus the confusion !

Thanks for the clarification Julien. I'll split those parts on the map and give them separate numbers

N

I think 27heaven was talking about the BF109 engine frame, not the landing gears. The landing gears are Bandai, no doubt, but the engine support may be from the Airfix one (same part used on the ESB ATST). I havent checked myself, but both the landing gear and the engine support has the same # thus the confusion !

Hey, cool hope that helps just want you to have the list to be the best it can be. I used to know that part on the flange but I forgot it. Like that you are working on the upper tooth as well. I should've posted a photo sorry about the confusion on that Julien is correct.

Last edited:
Hey so sorry. Uploading again. I thought I found it but no joy. I also may have found another elusive part today I'm awaiting on the arrival of a kit. I'll post it if it works out.

thispart.jpg

PS: re that side part, I've not got to the point of really studying that yet. Seems to be the beginning of a change of angle/facet at the far left hand end. Interesting.I'll have to add it to my list of things to ponder over for the moment. Someone like Stu or Craig may well have nailed it already.

That side part is Tamiya 1/35 Tiger 1...vintage of course!.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey so sorry. Uploading again. I thought I found it but no joy. I also may have found another elusive part today I'm awaiting on the arrival of a kit. I'll post it if it works out.

View attachment 657984

That part you have outlined is Tamiya 1/35 Panzer lll ausf M/N.

View attachment 657625

View attachment 657626

Part #4 being the engine frame strut, is indeed from the Airfix 1/24 BF109E, not the Bandai!. Needs to be assigned another part #/kit to avoid confusion.

Hi, can anyone help me with these parts please?, the blue arrow at the top, not sure if it's made up of several parts?, the red arrows pointing to what appears to be some type of suspension part and the yellow arrow (part on right as well, now missing) thanks in advance if anyone knows:thumbsup
Richimage.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back