The Definitive Marvel's Daredevil thread

Please share how.

I can't share much due to restraints on the info I have been told all I can tell you is I'm buying A4 screens off on etsy and using registration marks to line them up to repeatedly for a full sheet :)

i can aslo say that the initial cost is still £165 for both the black and red dd fabric to be made but after the initial cost i can then reproduce them over and over again :)

Last edited:
I am working on a S1 Daredevil costume for Wizard World this weekend. I'll be picking up a few parts after work.

Could anyone offer a rough "pattern" of how to construct the mask?

I've been growing my beard for close to 2 years and am really struggling with wanting to shave for the costume. I'm not sure I can do it for just a few hours in costume and lose all that commitment. I may just be a bearded Matt Murdock! ;)

3wQg9gQ.jpg My free comic book day

Hey everyone. I've found a shop here in the US that can print in silicone on spandex. They have experience printing other superhero costumes...Superman, Batman, Flash.

I have created both a maroon and a black pattern for the suit, and they're going to produce them for me.

Screen Shot 2016-05-10 at 11.01.41 AM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-10 at 11.03.18 AM.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Silicone is a really bad idea man they'll last one maybe 2 wears before falling to pieces however I may have a place you can use as at this moment I don't have enough time to do it myself I'd be happy however to assist in your run

Sent From The Batcave

I'm not sure spandex would be the way to go either. It doesn't seem like his suit has that much stretch to it... Possibly a stretch twill?

I have no experience with silicone printing, so I can neither confirm nor deny Sp1derman's claims, but I tend not to trust people that withhold information for their own gains.

I'm not sure spandex would be the way to go either. It doesn't seem like his suit has that much stretch to it... Possibly a stretch twill?

I have no experience with silicone printing, so I can neither confirm nor deny Sp1derman's claims, but I tend not to trust people that withhold information for their own gains.

The real suit is stretch fabric essentialay no different then spandex. I also am not withholding info out of choice. I have signed an non disclosure agreement and do not appreciate being made to sound like a lier or with holding for personal gain I have an array of info from several of the companies used in the films and unfortunately can not divulge much of it.

Sent From The Batcave

Hey all, just wanted to give a little more info. The shop I'm working with is InDisguise Designs, out of Vegas. They have experience printing spandex with silicone ink and turning it into superhero costumes. I created the fabric patterns and paid for the screens to be made, and I'll be handling the initial project run to organize orders for them. I'm working with Sean from SMP Designs, he's my superhero tailor, and he's going to help me figure out exactly how much maroon and black fabric.

And speaking of fabric, the spandex wont be printed by the yard, but in large panels. The maroon will be 24" x 31", and the black in 20" x 28". Once we get some printed samples, I'll post pics and set up the project run. I'll keep everyone posted. If anybody has any questions, let me know, I'll let you know or ask my contact at InDisguise. Thanks!

The real suit is stretch fabric essentialay no different then spandex. I also am not withholding info out of choice. I have signed an non disclosure agreement and do not appreciate being made to sound like a lier or with holding for personal gain I have an array of info from several of the companies used in the films and unfortunately can not divulge much of it.

Sent From The Batcave

Sorry to offend. An NDA is solid grounds for not providing info. It wasn't clear that you were withholding for that reason. We have a lot of people on here that like to lord info over others for either personal financial gain or to have the competitive edge because their actual skills to execute aren't up to par... I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions.

Sorry to offend. An NDA is solid grounds for not providing info. It wasn't clear that you were withholding for that reason. We have a lot of people on here that like to lord info over others for either personal financial gain or to have the competitive edge because their actual skills to execute aren't up to par... I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions.
No problem I do understand it can seem like I'm just sitting here going "I know something you don't know" but I'm doing my best to help without getting myself or my contacts into trouble.

Sent From The Batcave

Hey all, just wanted to give a little more info. The shop I'm working with is InDisguise Designs, out of Vegas. They have experience printing spandex with silicone ink and turning it into superhero costumes. I created the fabric patterns and paid for the screens to be made, and I'll be handling the initial project run to organize orders for them. I'm working with Sean from SMP Designs, he's my superhero tailor, and he's going to help me figure out exactly how much maroon and black fabric.

And speaking of fabric, the spandex wont be printed by the yard, but in large panels. The maroon will be 24" x 31", and the black in 20" x 28". Once we get some printed samples, I'll post pics and set up the project run. I'll keep everyone posted. If anybody has any questions, let me know, I'll let you know or ask my contact at InDisguise. Thanks!
Hi iron maniac what blend of spandex are you planning to go for I can basically say if something is wrong or right but not much more.
I do warn you the companies that state they use silicone either don't know what ink is or aren't being fully truthful with you.
Have you asked for any films they have done?
DD is essentially a flat print rather then a raised and the silicon will rub off. I'm not meaning to rain on your idea just trying to help. If you'd like we can have a private chat I won't be able to divulge much but maybe enough for you to ensure great accuracy [emoji1]

Sent From The Batcave

Sent you a PM, sp1derman.

I have trouble believing it's a flat print based on the screenshots i have from the show. This is the photo I based my pattern on. the way the light catches on the pattern makes it look raised to me. Anybody else can weigh in, too.
Screen Shot 2016-05-12 at 11.08.12 AM.png

Maybemy wording wasnt the best

Spidermans suit is a good example, his costume in the ASM suits is raised texture

whilst captain americ DD ect are considered a flat

whilst the texture is slightly rased it does not have a puff addiitve like the real raised textures. DD's pattern is maybe 1mm off of the fabric and therefore considered a flat. hopefully that helps

Sent you a PM, sp1derman.

I have trouble believing it's a flat print based on the screenshots i have from the show. This is the photo I based my pattern on. the way the light catches on the pattern makes it look raised to me. Anybody else can weigh in, too.
View attachment 624166

just had a chat with a source and i was mstaken on the silocone its not that it struggles to sty on the fabric i just apparently doesnt look to good on screen :)

Ha, i guess we'll see. My printer is planning on using matte silicone ink, and will be printing on the back of the spandex (spandex has a shiny side and a matte side). I really want a body-armor, kevlar look, so hopefully that's where we'll end up.

Fabric samples!!

I'm still working with InDisguise Designs to make some final decisions on ink color and fabric, but we should be ready to go to final print very soon. They're doing an AMAZING job, i'm SO excited get my costume made soon!

I'll let everyone know when i get an interest thread up in the classifieds.

Attachments

• fabric-samples1.jpg
    fabric-samples1.jpg
    675.2 KB · Views: 254
  • fabric-samples3.jpg
    fabric-samples3.jpg
    861.8 KB · Views: 278
  • fabric-samples2.jpg
    fabric-samples2.jpg
    646.1 KB · Views: 300
beautiful work :)

Fabric samples!!

I'm still working with InDisguise Designs to make some final decisions on ink color and fabric, but we should be ready to go to final print very soon. They're doing an AMAZING job, i'm SO excited get my costume made soon!

Please PM me (if you havent already) if you're interested in getting some fabric of your own, and i'll let everyone know when i get an interest thread up in the classifieds.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back