Original stormtrooper blaster prop

Well regardless of HOW you got them, let's just say you were told they were legit....

they're not. Not even close. Not even the right decade.

Not in a million years.

So someone took advantage of you and took you for gullible.

That blaster pictured above has nothing on it screen used or original parts at all. Period.

I feel bad that all this time you thought otherwise if that's the case.

When did these items come into your possession?

People around here have studied pictures of the actual props for many hours, even down to the smallest scratch. People here have done replicas of parts down to sub-millimetre accuracy only from photos. Some have collected and built half a dozen (or more) replicas of the same prop for over a decade improving each time that better reference material has surfaced. We know the stuff: the real and the replicas.
That is how the Master Replicas' replica could be identified so fast.

However, a few items found in storage somewhere have been identified by people on the RPF as being specific props from a movie only from their scratches, scuff marks and other markings.
If there is anything special with your Sterling ammo mags then please try to repost those images.

I owned a LE blaster and thought the photo looked familiar even before reading the thread. Found a photo online from member shadow on the rebelscum boards:

As you can see its pretty spot on, even the copyright under your scope. I don't know what to tell you. I live in CA and have friends that work across the street from movie studios and from lucasfilm in SF...its pretty common to hear stories that they have the real vader helmet etc when it turns out its a rubies.

- - - Updated - - -

And not trying to burst your bubble, just want to help you properly identify it. Still worth a pretty penny.

I have a friend of a friend of a friend who used to work in the costuming dept. who got this screen-used stormtrooper helmet. I think it can even be screen matched.

ST-helmet.jpg

Yeah I hope it's a troll... otherwise this whole thread is just awkward and uncomfortable.

That said, I just bought a screen used Wokling off Ebay for a STEAL.

s-l1600.jpg

Shenphong Thank you very much for the info ..yes looking at the pics it looks exactly the same especially the sight. To be honest I was given a box of parts a couple of sights , mounts etc I Copied what I saw online and just got on with it really ..some rivits ,glue and patience I really enjoyed doing it ..you haven't burst my bubble at all ..even if it was worth a lot id never sell it ..if you could imagine your opens up his birthday present ,opens up a box with a Han blaster his dad put together & also autographed by Harrison ford ..priceless
i don't know about posting a pic of the mag so far I've been called a troll a thief and a liar so far lol
there are lot of haters out there , it's a shame when people can't see people when they are genuine..until tonight I no idea it was called a DL 44 lol .
you got to love the haters ..but Amin have explained why people have reacted the way they have ..thanks again bud

Last edited:
This thread reeks of a troll trying to play us for laughs, or someone hoping for a gullible buyer to make some money.

No troll I'm afraid if you read the thread..it was for my sons birthday..like I said genuine person looking for advice from the experts ..I had a couple of mags that I wanted advice on, and then mentioned because I had a Han blaster that I put together from parts that were given to me . Then accused as a thief then you accuse me of being a troll ..trying to get a buyer !!!!
WTF! ..hahaha love the haters

Like I said I work in the industry , I've worked on some massive features ..from period ( les Mes ) to future like the new dread feature.

Forgive the offtopic question, but this interests me greatly

Did you mean Dredd ? as in Judge Dredd.

And do you mean a second Dredd staring Karl Urban ?

No troll I'm afraid if you read the thread..it was for my sons birthday..like I said genuine person looking for advice from the experts ..I had a couple of mags that I wanted advice on, and then mentioned because I had a Han blaster that I put together from parts that were given to me . Then accused as a thief then you accuse me of being a troll ..trying to get a buyer !!!!
WTF! ..hahaha love the haters

Dude, you are so full of awesome and win it's amazing.

Keep on keeping on, I see big things in your future, bless your heart.

Yes ..sorry please forgive the spelling mistake ..damn predictive text ..yes all pick up shots were done in London.
production gave us 2 frames ..we had to fit the G17s inside and get them working on full charge blank.
er originally tried the G18 ( full auto) but there were constant problems on auto so 17s worked the best on semi.
We did the last part of the film when Dredd shoots Ma'Ma

I'm curious how out of a box of parts, everything from an MR LE happened to be loose in there including the fake Denix and grips and you managed to put them back together exactly as MR sent it out from the factory.

That seems like an incredible stroke of luck.

Did they have more parts from mr replicas? If so those would be easily sellable.

Not feeding the troll... 'cause we all know that just makes them multiply. Why do they even do it? Do they take a few English lessons, buy a prepaid internet card and broadcast from some hut in a developing nation trying to con people? Is it for the attention? I just don't get it.

I don't follow many forums but I can see why there are so few Nigerian princes trying out the RPF. There's no way you could do enough homework :lol

I'm going to officially request, again, pics of these mags that started the whole thread. As well as some info on what you've done in the industry. detailed. We, as a community are totally able to ID screen used parts, but we need to see them. Send them to Andy if you have to again!

I'm also hesitant because you continue to say you put together a commercial item from spare parts. An item that you could buy online, that has distinct characteristics, and something you cannot get separate parts for. It's annoying trying to take a Master Replicas piece apart, let alone trying to put them back together. I recognize the Denix, the scope, the front grill and the flash hider from MR products, how on earth did those end up in a box?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back