The Lone Ranger (2013)

I agree. I'm amazed they're letting Marvel do their own thing, then again that was a huge chunk of change they plunked down so better to let them keep doing what they have been than risk getting in the way.

I really think that even with a decent opening (as there is really nothing else to see this week) that this movie is going to flop if not as bad as...close to the monumental failure that was John Carter.

The first paragraph:

OK, Grierson, so all my travels of the past week have made it impossible for me to see The Lone Ranger. But I think it's gotta be awful, right? It was ravaged by budget concerns, slapped together at the last minute, and bloated pretty much from the get-go. Our job, however, as PROFESSIONAL CRITICS OF CINEMA, is to go into every movie with as open a mind as possible, positioning ourselves as the ideal viewer, one who just wants to be entertained.

Yeah, I didn't read any further. This wasn't going to be an un-biased review.

I realize that no review is un-biased, but you can't say "This movie is going to be terrible, but I have an open mind." This is the same kind of mentality that went into "Cowboys and Aliens" and expected more than "Cowboys and Aliens".

They might not be unbiased but the audience and other critics agree it's a giant pile of crap so they weren't wrong.

THE LONE RANGER (1956) and THE LONE RANGER AND THE LOST CITY OF GOLD (1957) are much better. They are on Youtube. Spent the holiday looking at them instead. :lol That's the REAL Lone Ranger.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back