Zenhit Zombies Hunter cosplay

Anything would be great no rush

:) ok so i will try to make my first video soon u_u

was about the say the same, excellent work.. a video to show your techniques would be great :)

With my french accent the video will be ... comic lol

Great job! Your very talented.

Not enought !!! i always want to do more but i think i've not enought patience :(

Very nice work on the detail and metal look! Amazing weathering work.

The paint job is not totaly finished, i want to try some "wash" but initial tests are not conclusive :(

If everything go like i want, i will wear all already made stuff this saturday. I hope the jacket and the pant will fit well together ...

News pics Suit 80% done.

I've tried to make a video but... that was an EPIC FAIL so for the paint tutorial i will make it with pics very soon ( i'm not really busy at work ... )

So pics of my actual Zombie slayer :

WHAT THE HELL MY TROLL FACE u_u

Hope you like it

And remember to share it with your friends ;)

The suit is not totaly complete, i need to find shoes / a way to wear the hand protection ( certainly gloves ) / maybe shin protection.

And add more details. Like a rope / maybe a knife. maybe a weapon made with old piping xD

If anybody get idea tell me :)

Quick update with 2 small tutorial ( not finish yet but very soon ;) )

FIRST : HOW TO MAKE DOG TAG WITH ALPHABET DOUGH :

1 : Make a shape with clay
2 : Write what you want with dough
3 : Make a mold with silicone
4 : Clean the mold with white spirit. ( not done yet but very soon )
5 : Use Resin to cast your dog tag
6 : Paint your dog tag with metal effet ( tutorial soon too )

I will update pic when it finish

SECOND TUTORIAL : HOW TO MAKE A PIPE WEAPON INSPIRED BY DEAD ISLAND :

http://www.sogame.fr/files/dae1d02515f83d44b67474398fb4c263.jpg

1 : shoes a PVC pipe / a PVC elbow and a PVC tip
2 : glue them with a special glue ( i use BOSTIK ) on each extremity of PVC pipe
3 : FIght a wall with your PVC pipe to weather it.
4 : Cut a strip of white 5mm thickness expand PVC / thermoformed it to make a circle / and glue it with LOCTITE 406 on the PVC elbow.
5 : cut a second strip in a 3 mm thickness sheap / thermoformed it, make the strip take the shape of PVC pipe
6 : Glue a strip of 5mm thickness under the previous strip to reenforce it
7 : drill 2 hole
8 : screw 2 PVC bolts
9 : not done yet : Paint it with rusted metal effect.

Hope you like it.

pics update times :

Paint done for the PIPE WEAPON :

NECKLACE TO CATCH ZOMBIES

FIND AN IDEA TO WEAR MY HAND PLATE :

And Here i am

very creative approach, love the detailing and paintjob!!!

Don't forget to weather/ distress the clothing as well! ;)

waiting for updates, Markus :)

I was going to suggest that you get a latex lead pipe, but then I scrolled down and saw the one you made yourself and that's waaay better.

Some thing I noted on weathering:

Gloves.
As someone who uses heavy duty gloves a lot I'd suggest you add some discoloring to the area of the palm where the pipe and chainsaw weapon rests the most.
Personally I'd do this by taking a piece of tubing approximately the same width as the handles of the weapons and coating it in some ash, dirt or similar with a tiny bit of water or oil to grease it up. Then you swing it around and handle it like crazy for a while, and then you try to rub it off against a stone or something. Rinse and repeat until satisfied.
The edges of the fingers could also use some more distressing. I've always found that the fingers go first in working gloves, and have a stockpile of useless gloves where the fingers are all gone.
Dragging sandpaper, steel wool or a steel wire brush over them might do the trick, but test it on the cut off fingers first to see what effect you like best.

Leather parts like the belt and dogtag strap:
Grease them up like crazy with some kind of fat or oil made for leather care (look for some kind of leather boot ) over the course of several days to darken the surface and making them more supple. Remember to rub of the excess between these applications so you don't rub grease all over stuff that might be destroyed by it.

Wear the dogtag strap all the time. It will weather it naturally over weeks and months. The back with the "hairs" you might want to grease and then rub with a bit of smooth plastic or piece of horn. It will smoothen it up and make it look less new.

Jacket:
Is that really fabric? I would have guessed it to be suede of some kind.
Try different things to darken and discolor it on any scraps you have. My suggestion would be to run over the bottom and shoulder seams with sandpaper to rough it up a bit. I'd also suggest you wear it when performing manual labor. You could also spray a very watered down mix of gray or dark brown paint on it and rub it of, but try it with scraps first to see what effect it causes.
Rough up an exposed seam or unpick it partially and resow it by hand with thick linen leather working thread or straps of leather. If you want you can give yourself a time limit, like one hour on the clock. It will stress you out and make the end product seem more on the fly, because this guy has zombies to kill after all.
You could also hang it outside for a couple of weeks, but the results are not as controlled as doing it manually.

The pants/shorts seem a little too clean to fit in. You could try dyeing them with a very watered down grey to make them less vibrant, then you wash and machine dry them repeatedly to make them more worn. After that you could probably add some splashes of fake blood or similar, and for added effect you could wash it off so it's faded, because who wouldn't want to wash of zombie blood?

About the dogtag: is that the original or the mold original? It looks fine to me. Maybe some dry brushing or sanding to make it less uniform?

Shin guards feel right. The legs seem a little exposed as it is now. An idea that struck me was that you could get a pair of old boots and then add a pair of gaiters made from old bed coverings or blankets, to add padding. Then you fasten homemade greaves on top of them, maybe even going so far as to add knee protectors.
You could also add spikes to the toe and shin to be able to kick with a vengeance.

For the helmet I though why not use an aviator cap as a base?
http://baskerbosse.nordicshops.com/PICTURE/2475-4-aviatorcap2.jpg

It looks similar to old knight arming cap which could draw fun parallels.
Then you add whatever helmet you want on top.

Here's an odd example:
http://www.pandorasparlor.com/images/helmet-1.jpg

Or maybe you want to go with something more Moebius-esque:
moebius_2.jpg (image)

This is all I can think of right now.

Sorry if this came of as incohesive or rambling. I've got to get to work and don't have much time.

I was going to suggest that you get a latex lead pipe, but then I scrolled down and saw the one you made yourself and that's waaay better.

Some thing I noted on weathering:

Gloves.
As someone who uses heavy duty gloves a lot I'd suggest you add some discoloring to the area of the palm where the pipe and chainsaw weapon rests the most.
Personally I'd do this by taking a piece of tubing approximately the same width as the handles of the weapons and coating it in some ash, dirt or similar with a tiny bit of water or oil to grease it up. Then you swing it around and handle it like crazy for a while, and then you try to rub it off against a stone or something. Rinse and repeat until satisfied.
The edges of the fingers could also use some more distressing. I've always found that the fingers go first in working gloves, and have a stockpile of useless gloves where the fingers are all gone.
Dragging sandpaper, steel wool or a steel wire brush over them might do the trick, but test it on the cut off fingers first to see what effect you like best.

Leather parts like the belt and dogtag strap:
Grease them up like crazy with some kind of fat or oil made for leather care (look for some kind of leather boot ) over the course of several days to darken the surface and making them more supple. Remember to rub of the excess between these applications so you don't rub grease all over stuff that might be destroyed by it.

Wear the dogtag strap all the time. It will weather it naturally over weeks and months. The back with the "hairs" you might want to grease and then rub with a bit of smooth plastic or piece of horn. It will smoothen it up and make it look less new.

Jacket:
Is that really fabric? I would have guessed it to be suede of some kind.
Try different things to darken and discolor it on any scraps you have. My suggestion would be to run over the bottom and shoulder seams with sandpaper to rough it up a bit. I'd also suggest you wear it when performing manual labor. You could also spray a very watered down mix of gray or dark brown paint on it and rub it of, but try it with scraps first to see what effect it causes.
Rough up an exposed seam or unpick it partially and resow it by hand with thick linen leather working thread or straps of leather. If you want you can give yourself a time limit, like one hour on the clock. It will stress you out and make the end product seem more on the fly, because this guy has zombies to kill after all.
You could also hang it outside for a couple of weeks, but the results are not as controlled as doing it manually.

The pants/shorts seem a little too clean to fit in. You could try dyeing them with a very watered down grey to make them less vibrant, then you wash and machine dry them repeatedly to make them more worn. After that you could probably add some splashes of fake blood or similar, and for added effect you could wash it off so it's faded, because who wouldn't want to wash of zombie blood?

About the dogtag: is that the original or the mold original? It looks fine to me. Maybe some dry brushing or sanding to make it less uniform?

Shin guards feel right. The legs seem a little exposed as it is now. An idea that struck me was that you could get a pair of old boots and then add a pair of gaiters made from old bed coverings or blankets, to add padding. Then you fasten homemade greaves on top of them, maybe even going so far as to add knee protectors.
You could also add spikes to the toe and shin to be able to kick with a vengeance.

For the helmet I though why not use an aviator cap as a base?
http://baskerbosse.nordicshops.com/PICTURE/2475-4-aviatorcap2.jpg

It looks similar to old knight arming cap which could draw fun parallels.
Then you add whatever helmet you want on top.

Here's an odd example:
http://www.pandorasparlor.com/images/helmet-1.jpg

Or maybe you want to go with something more Moebius-esque:
moebius_2.jpg (image)

This is all I can think of right now.

Sorry if this came of as incohesive or rambling. I've got to get to work and don't have much time.

Wow lot of good idea.

Gloves : very good idea, i had not thought. i think i will wear a pipe with sand paper to discolore them !!
Thx so much for this tip !!

Leather : I will try different product to make it more dark ! maybe shoe polish ? or javel water

Jacket and pant : i'm really afraid by this step, if i fail omg >< i want to try some paint brush but don't know where to weather the pant. certainly under thigh guards.

I have to find shoes or old rangers and for the leg i plan to add one bandage with false blood. and maybe a shin protect

For the helmet i want to use a baseball helmet with some nail or pike and rusted paint.

I'm at work too and my english is limited ^^

thanks for all advice.

i've got 2 week to do it before my photoshoot

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back