Zeiram & Zeiram 2 - What do we Know?

BTW, I was offered Fujikarow's full hero costume from Zeiram 2 a number of years ago, at a very reasonable price.

I knocked it back, because 'I don't collect costumes' :facepalm

The one that got away

This one?

scaled.php

scaled.php

wow, i never knew there were such awesome guns in these movies! that pistol totally reminds me of the russian silenced revolver, the OTS-38. all the pieces line up pretty perfectly, unless i missed something.

OTS-38,+Russian+Revolver-1c.jpg

what do you guys think?

Speaking of zebras, as neat as that is, I think it's unlikely due to the rarity of that pistol.

When you hear hoofbeats, think horses...

-MJ

Holy Crap! i never knew this thread existed. couple years ago i attempted to do the full head of Zeiram 2. i only did the face portion. it was one of my first sculpts and i was overwhelmed by the rest of it.

EDIT: just found the last pics of the sculpt before i abandoned it.

DSCN6224.jpg

DSCN6226.jpg

DSCN6227.jpg

DSCN6487.jpg

DSCN6486.jpg

Last edited:
Oh man, that's a shame you didn't carry on - that's excellent.

Never knew we had this thread. Great stuff; jeeze Birdie, I am in awe!

Agreed...that sculpt is fantastic :eek

Would be a tragedy not to finish it up after coming so far.

thanks for the screencaps, mike! i agree that it's not the russian revolver, since it has a swing-out cylinder. whatever they used in zeiram is a sweet looking gun, though.. i'm a sucker for a good snub-nose revolver. :)

awesome work on the sculpt, xdm!

i did get quite a kick looking at all the guns from the movies last night and identifying where they sourced bits and parts from other guns to cobble their final pieces together.. like the P-90 that was chopped and put on reversed, or the M4 stock that was used as the barrel assembly on the mauser-based smg.. there's even a lever-action rifle's actual lever used as part of the lower stock on the big rifle. whoever made those props was very creative! i haven't seen zeiram 2 at all, and i saw zeiram 1 when it first came out, so i'm definitely going to put them both in my to-watch list.

All of the bounty hunters in Z2 (about 30 of them) had their own weapons, most of them weird fusions of airsoft guns, that bareley feature on screen.

The props I own are extremeley well put together for such a low budget movie. In the behind the scenes stuff it looks like the Z2 pistol is live-fire, but hard to tell for sure, since the heros I own are set up to fire some sort of pyro charge. Ingenious indeed.

The P90/MP5SD mashup was owned by the guy who had the props I now own, but sadly was never offerered to me. It was sold on about five years ago on Yahoo Japan :(

Same guy also had Bob's manual, an animatronic Zeiram unit and the arm rocket from Z2 at one point. He's a big Trek collector from Japan. Would love to know what happened to the hero hanguns and BFGs from the first movie....

thanks everyone! at the time i hadn't molded anything other than a one piece face mask. this was really intimidating me. i could do it now im sure. unfortunately the sculpt is no more. i used the clay for other sculpts. i may have to revisit this.
also when i was sculpting it was only me and one other guy (that i knew of) that was interested in Zeiram.

Two year anniversary bump!

I think I know what gun was used for the practical, top-break revolver in Zeiram 2. The screws and panel lines in the replica castings line-up with the real steel one.

I'm trying to get the necessary parts together to build my own. Now that I know just enough Solidworks to be dangerous, that's not an impossible dream...

Here's what I found out:

At least one of the Zeiram 2 revolvers was built on a modified Enfield No. 2 Mk. I revolver.

As visible on the kits supposedly cast from the props themselves, there is a distinctive panel line and screw just above the trigger guard that matches the Enfield. This is different on the generally similar Webley.

Also visible on the other side of the gun are a few other landmarks; a spring, a screw in the right place, and a kitbashed part of the top-break mechanism from the other side of the gun.

-MJ

Here are two images to support my claims:

On the left side of the gun one can see the screw and panel line configuration which is unique to the Enfield. Also visible on the replica is the edge of the recoil plate, which may or may not have been cut down.

Visible on the right side of the gun is the cylinder cam lever screw, just above the front of the trigger guard, the edge of the recoil plate, the bottom of the barrel catch spring, and the reused cylinder cam lever from the other side of the Enfield.

Attachments

• Z2A.jpg
    Z2A.jpg
    529.3 KB · Views: 196
  • Z2B.jpg
    Z2B.jpg
    646.1 KB · Views: 189
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back