You have never seen the Blade Runner blaster before - PHOTOS RESTORED

<div class='quotetop'></div>
And I really think that odd screw on the side cover was added after the film shoot, so far no one has found it in any film capture... [/b]

This is a subject I think needs some focus and investigation too. I have found with my DC dvd which I know isn't the best transfer, you can't really see the screw either way, so I have begun to sift through my reference photos, so far nothing, but it's ongoing.

Here are a couple that actually kind of look like the screw we all know and love, but honestly, even these pics don't show the detail well.

brgun_13.jpg

brgun_12.jpg

Nick, I'd love some help in this investigation. ;)

But I can't find any clear shots of the gun that show that on/off switch either. I think the lesson we've learned so far is not to assume we know for sure. My gut tells me that they didn't change the gun after shooting, that all the changes were made on set, and that it's been in storage or a display case since shooting ended.

Njc----------------

I think I can "see' the small switch on the side of the ammo clip in these pictures.

Darn the HD DVD is still running around $500.00 has the HDDVD of Blasde Runner been releised??

Or is it only on Hard Drives?? (DVRs). My only way to record 1080I.

Can anyone make me a copy?? I will pay for a hard drive for it.

Rich

<div class='quotetop'>(proplica @ Sep 28 2006, 12:45 AM) [snapback]1327810[/snapback]</div>
Some more info on the mysterious wires....

After going over some images of the HD dvd and comparing the worldcon images, I am convinced
the white wires were left exposed by mistake. The close up was an insert shot taken at another time (the wall texture doesn't even match). At some point the cover on the gun was removed, then reinstalled before this shot. The wires should have been tucked under the cover as they were originally in all the other scenes....

Anyone here come to this conclusion as well?

[/b]

Well here's something to support that:

br-side.jpg

Now back to the discussion at hand.

BRwire.jpg

This has been a fascinating thread and I'd like to add an observation.
I was comparing the above pic that was posted earlier to one of the original images that I managed to save (pic# DSC05533) before it got pulled, and that blasters position in that image is almost identicle to the screen cap. To me in the screen cap it looks like the wires have already been cut at the ends for that particular shot. The gun is covered in water droplets and it looks like the cut wire ends has the beginnings of a water droplet clinging to it. Maybe the director preferred the brighter red leds than the green leds for that shot and had those wire cut to keep the red LEDS brighter.

br-side.jpg

In that photo above with the gun laying on the ground it looks like either those wires are possibly covered with a piece of black gaffers tape. Also in that pic it looks like the wires are not cut and that the green leds are on, sucking up the power from the red ones.

Apologies if I am inadvertantly repeating already known info.

<div class='quotetop'>(Tony @ Sep 29 2006, 02:02 AM) [snapback]1328412[/snapback]</div>
BRwire.jpg

This has been a fascinating thread and I'd like to add an observation.
I was comparing the above pic that was posted earlier to one of the original images that I managed to save (pic# DSC05533) before it got pulled, and that blasters position in that image is almost identicle to the screen cap. To me in the screen cap it looks like the wires have already been cut at the ends for that particular shot. The gun is covered in water droplets and it looks like the cut wire ends has the beginnings of a water droplet clinging to it. Maybe the director preferred the brighter red leds than the green leds for that shot and had those wire cut to keep the red LEDS brighter.

br-side.jpg

In that photo above with the gun laying on the ground it looks like either those wires are possibly covered with a piece of black gaffers tape. Also in that pic it looks like the wires are not cut and that the green leds are on, sucking up the power from the red ones.

Apologies if I am inadvertantly repeating already known info.
[/b]

I think your right.

Rich

I've been doing a lot of analysis of two different castings of what is FOR SURE the hero gun, and I've come up with some really interesting ideas. The first of which is that during the life of the hero gun, much was changed on it. Though I'm not sure of the order of the modifications, most of the screws were changed from either flat head screwdriver screws to hex/allen head somewhere along the line. i've also got evidence that shows that new holes were added to the top of the gun as it's life proceded, perhaps anchoring it more securely to the bulldog inside.

With that in mind, I was going to suggest that the weird screw on the side of the gun was in fact added in AFTER production, or some time late in production. Since the other hardware was changed on the gun during it's life time, it seemed reasonable to me that this weird screw thing on the side could have recieved the same treatment.

Screen cap to follow.

Ok, here ya go. Proof that for at least ONE shot in the film, the hero blaster had a different piece of hardware on the side. not that wierd hammered head screw, but a regular rounded flat-head screwdriver screw. or something like it.
capture1.jpg

Matt, nice work. That from the new HD disc? Certainly looks like the same screw from the stunt castings and Rich's replicas.

Njc-----------------------

It's from the bootleg HD. Just to confirm, the DVD that just hit the stores is NOT HD. it's just a better transfer. The one that this was taken from was the HD version of the movie that was broadcast on the HD Network. That version is making the rounds on DVDR and other formats.

Sorry Rich, I don't have a copy. I'm working from Bootleg downconverted to DVD screencaps.

About the wires - Are they definitely running from the dental tool (to the green LEDs)

<div class='quotetop'>(Talisen @ Sep 29 2006, 01:57 PM) [snapback]1328487[/snapback]</div>
About the wires - Are they definitely running from the dental tool (to the green LEDs)
[/b]

The wires emerge from UNDER the dental tool. So while I cannot confirm for a fact that they go INTO it, as that happens behind the exposed part, I think it's a safe bet that they did.

<div class='quotetop'>(phase pistol @ Sep 28 2006, 10:41 PM) [snapback]1328534[/snapback]</div>
Oh hey I see you've found the Lost Warhol. :D
- k
[/b]

:lol man you're just dropping one-liners all over the forum tonight. ;)

Even tho my hand doesn't quite line up against the old picture (or else it swelled up at some point :lol), I do tend to agree that the Worldcon grip must be somehow bigger.

The buttplate is definitely taller. But I have to say, the real gun feels VERY comfortable in the hand. At the time I thought that it was because the translucent grips were just THICKER than the Coyle. But my fingers were NOT crowded at all, when I held the actual prop.

The Coyle by comparison (or my version 4 above anyway) feels a bit cramped on the hand.

- k

Very interesting.
My Hartford always felt cramped - and I have fairly small hands.
So, just eyeballing the Andres Warhol above - how much is it out? Around a third of an inch, a half?

Perhaps an overlay with the Bulldog as a 'component' will help to clarify the difference.
What I'm thinking is take the grip off the Coyle and overlay that onto a Worldcon pic, lining up the bulldog's frame above the triggers.

Howard.

Note taken: longer grips...

Your right: I can see that there is a touch more of open space between the butt plate and the diamond pattern on the grip. I make it to be about 1/16 to 1/8th on an inch, the tilt could also be different, that affects the “feel” of the fit.

It does cause some to be shorter and some to be longer from model to model. And the angle of tilt changes too.

Rich

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back