Y-WING 'Gold Leader' Studio Scale Build by dtssyst

I've seen those kits listed before but other than the Fujimi parts I can't seem to find anything that works.

I remember when you found the baloon car. Luckily I was able to pick one of those up for not too much.

I haven't built one in a few years, but if I recall most of it is in the trick of how you modify the Sherman bogie to have "winglets" and how you shear off some of its detail to accept the other greeblies.

#17 is AMT 1/25 Checy Tian 90/GMC Astro 95 thanks to Hammer3246 for the ID.
SWGeek - Do you have a part number for the Chevy Titan 90? I just got the kit, and can't seem to find it. Do you know if its from one of the chrome sprues or one of the white sprues? Do you know if it's a part of a larger piece and has been cut off from a major piece so as to appear smaller?

Sorry Studio Kitbash, I don't have a part number but...

20221024_200244.jpg

Last edited:
'Transmission Oil Filter' #13.

Screen Shot 2022-10-26 at 5.07.46 am.png

Not to be confused with 'Air Brake Brackets', also #13.

It seems most of these trucks were not numbered. Just part names.

Last edited:
I don't have that kit. I have the GMC Astro 95. Which for some reason is a different lay out of parts.

'Transmission Oil Filter' #13.

View attachment 1631317

Not to be confused with 'Air Brake Brackets', also #13.

It seems ost of these trucks were not numbered. Just part names.
Okay, thanks, Bjorn! That explains my mystery -- the "transmission oil filter" was the part I thought from the instructions, but the kit I got was a "partially" built kit and guess what part was missing? Yup, #13 (among others). Wonder if the Ebayer who sold it to me was also an SS builder...

But if you have the kit, can you post a picture of the part from above?

Okay, thanks, Bjorn! That explains my mystery -- the "transmission oil filter" was the part I thought from the instructions, but the kit I got was a "partially" built kit and guess what part was missing? Yup, #13 (among others). Wonder if the Ebayer who sold it to me was also an SS builder...

But if you have the kit, can you post a picture of the part from above?
Sorry gents, I don't have this kit yet I'm afraid. Just working off a digital copy of the instructions and spru pics.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back