Interest Y-Wing Cockpit Fuselage and L'Eggs Cast Parts - RUN CLOSED

Re: Y-Wing Cockpit Fuselage and L'Eggs Cast Parts

Not yet. I won't have a price until I've got the molds done and have started casting. I'm actually waiting on a new set of fuselage prints. I rejected the first set because they were warped.

Hi Dave, I think I would be interested, depending on the price. Please add me to the list.

Hi!
I´m interested too, but depending on the price.
(Could you tell us how much will be aprox? or at least, if it is less tan 100$, only a aproximation)
Regards
Luis

Last edited:

Hi!
I´m interested too, but depending on the price.
(Could you tell us how much will be aprox? or at least, if it is less tan 100$, only a aproximation)
Regards
Luis

Thanks for your interest. I can't estimate the costs until I've got all the molds made, and that will be a few more weeks. I can tell you though that it will NOT be less than $100, sorry.

Thanks for your interest. I can't estimate the costs until I've got all the molds made, and that will be a few more weeks. I can tell you though that it will NOT be less than $100, sorry.

This is a lot of money for me.

Sorry

I'm sorry, I can appreciate that and understand. The materials costs (high resolution 3D printing and platinum based silicone mold rubbers) are very expensive.

Okay guys here are PRELIMINARY cost estimates. These prices are subject to revision as I move along with the mold making and casting process.

The engine L'Egg noses and tail shrouds will be around $30 for the set of four parts. If you only want the nose or the tail, I'll do that for $15. The price of these parts will not vary based on demand, unlike the Forward Fuselage...

The price for the Forward Fuselage, Canopy and Torpedo Bay shells will depend on the number of confirmed orders. The cost of the high detail 3d printing and platinum mold rubber is pretty high and has to be amortized based on the number of orders. So, with that in mind, if only 20 people order the forward fuselage set the price will be around $240/set, if 30 order, around $165/set, if 40 order, around $125/set. I've done my best to keep these costs as low as is feasible. I haven't figured out how to work the confirmed orders vs. price thing yet and will not be taking payments until the parts are ready to ship.

Shipping will be around $15 in the U.S., $30 to $45 international, depending on destination.

The only part I'm a little confused on is that you said that you are not taking payment until parts are printed. How can you confirm how many orders you have if that's the case? I was under the impression that you were going to start from the top of this interest thread and work your way down. I'm just grateful that you are doing these and please excuse me in advance if there's something I'm not getting. Or did you mean not taking payment until your parts were printed from the 3D printer? I took your original statement to mean that you cast the pieces ready for shipment then accept payment.

Last edited:

... I'm a little confused...

:lol You and me both! That's what I meant by not having it completely figured out yet, but I've been getting more and more inquires about price so I thought I would at least get an estimate out there.

Here are the two things that make pricing this project complex. 1) As I've mentioned, the up front hard costs to produce the molds are really high, after that it depends on demand. I could have just priced them at $225 a set no matter how many orders and let it go at that, but the point of this project is to help people get Y's going, not make a bunch of money. 2) Unlike a lot of people, I (usually) do not take payments before I have product ready to ship. I don't want to be one of those guys that takes your money then ****** happens and orders don't get filled for years, if ever.

And yes, I do intend to start at the top of the list and work down.

Please be patient, It'll all get figured out.

...and the castings are looking bitchin'!

No worries Dave. Not a problem being patient. You move faster than anyone else I've seen in this community. Appreciate the updates and photos.

I know I am late to the party but if I can still get my name on the list count me in. Always wanted to do a big I.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I am interested, please add me to the list ( so we can try to hit the 40 mark :cool )

Everyone is welcome to the Party! Thanks for your interest. I will update the list soon.

There is a variety of discussions on other threads about what I may or may not be offering for this project. So there is no confusion or misleading expectations... as of now, the only parts I am offering for sale are:

Armature (laser cut and aluminum extrusions with assembly hardware) - SOLD OUT
Laser cut acrylic nacelle cores - SOLD OUT
Forward fuselage and canopy shells
L'Eggs engine nose cones
Engine tail shrouds

THAT'S IT. I do not plan to offer any other parts. This is NOT a complete kit,. The rest of the model you will have to 3D print and/or scratch fabricate. Others have talked about offering sets of kit part castings, but I am not associated with that effort. I hope to see a great variety of new Y models come out of this effort and hope it encourages people to do more scratch building, as our forefathers did!

Dave,

I'm in as well on the cockpit / l'eggs if you have room. Just let me know!

Wish I had seen it earlier to get the armature and cores but that's the way things go.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Any and all..I'm in. If you have any of it that can be 3d printed, I'll be happy to pay for the .STL's. Thanks again

Please be patient, It'll all get figured out.

Just to reiterate, I'm in no matter what the turn out is. IMO, it's rare to find someone who has put this much time and effort in providing a great starting point for such a rare SS bird (the beloved Y). Besides, judging by the interest these threads have shown, I'd honestly be a bit surprised if you didn't hit the 30 or 40 person mark anyway. Which, at that point, you really are supplying a quality setup at a reasonable price point.

Thanks!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back