Y-Wing Building

That's right. Under removeable panels (that square raised panel.)
Both of those Y Wings are coming along beautifully! Are both of you putting in electronics?

Nathan

I bloody hope so!HAhahaHA!The Y deserves the full treatment..especialy after putting all that time in...a little extra efort to wire in some LED's for the engines and maybe light up the cocksckpit a bit with some fiber optics would'nt hurt...and make it that much more appealing...but either way..the birds are looking great!

Well first of all I saw no point in incorporating the many mounting points. Is it going to be fimed? No. So what good are they to me?
Now for a large project such as the falcon I can see the point. Ease of handeling while one builds it. Or something more delicate like the X-wing. But the Y is very strong and can be handeled quite easily.

Lights?? Well it's something to contemplate, but at the moment it's a waist of effort. I mean, when they are finnished they are just going to sit in a case and look pretty. How often are you going to "light" them up?
To light it just to impress a few individuals seems a bit silly.
I'm more concerned with building an accurate model and finding all the doner kit parts.

Jamie

Agreed Jamie. Lighting can be impressive but for this kind of project I don't think it is that necessary. We are talking about 2 small LEDs. If I were to do a Falcon then I would look into having the engines light up simply because that is such a big part of the ship.

Agreed regarding the mounting points. As for lights, it's all a matter of display choices really. Very impressive work, guys! Jamie, as for undercuts, are two casting the cockpit in two pieces or one? I'd love to see how that's coming along!

Nathan

Nathan,

The cockpit as a whole, will basically be cast in one piece. The canopy separately. The firewall (and it's many parts),front guns,top guns,top turret, etc, will all be either the real parts or castings of the real parts.

You'll get to see it. When it's finnished
icon_razz.gif

Jamie

ViewImage.dll

Yippie I added two parts to my Y!! See the two deals on the the 8rad? Geeze, 7 months, two parts..... I'll be building this for decades....
icon_frown.gif

yup, Bandai 1/24 Messerschmitt back in production!

...or maybe it's a new one, but hopefully it'll still have the same landing gear struts used for the Y-Wing "dome struts".

It's a Bf109E-4, cat# BAN46781.

www.hobbylandinc.com has them available for pre-order at $34.99 (they claim the list price is $50).

Thanks again to Tim (IRRC) who tipped me off about the Bandai model ages ago.

hello, im new to the forum and was wondering if anyone has compiled a list of the kits needed to bash for the y-wing, and is there any available dementions or blue prints that can be used.
any help would be great.

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Treadwell wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
While this part from the Bandai 1/48 Elefant is not an exact match,
belfjack.jpg
yello37a.jpg

...1/48 does seem to be the right scale for this part--therefore we couldn't just use any old jack from our armor kits (as I previously suggested) since most of them are other scales.

Fortunately, there's one other 1/48 kit already being used for our Y's that has the same jack part as the Elefant: that would be the Bandai 1/48 PanzerkampfwagenV Panther-G.

So, if one deems this jack close enough to be used, you can still scratch the elefant from your list.

</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

Is anyone certain this is 1/48? Part #21 in the 8RAD kit seems to look right to me. It has all those rivets intact. I have yet to scale it though.

Nathan
nkhyber@aol.com

Strike that! I just found the correct part in the Bandai 1/48
Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf. H.
It's part #14. Perhaps it's in other kits as well, but this one is dead on rivetwise.

Nathan

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back