Y: The Last Man Rising (Fan Film)

Wow. When you say "For a fan film it has some very impressive production values" --- you must have some seriously high standards. For a made-for-tv-movie it'd be impressive. For a fan film it's awesome.

Really enjoyed that comic. And you're right, it'd be much better as a series than as a movie. And I can only hope that it looks as good as this fan film.

Honestly, when I saw it, I was like, "This is a fan film? Great. Now everyone is going to assume all fan films are going to have this high of production value."

This is by far the best fan film I have ever seen. It looks amazing! The production value is retarded!!!! They took some liberties with the story, but who cares. I hope to see more from these guys.

It would make a great show. I always saw it as an animated series but it would work well in live action. They're more faithful to the comics than any tv production company would be I bet. I actually was impressed they had him hanging upside down, usually details like that get changed for ease of filming.

It would make a great show. I always saw it as an animated series but it would work well in live action. They're more faithful to the comics than any tv production company would be I bet. I actually was impressed they had him hanging upside down, usually details like that get changed for ease of filming.

Honestly, I agree with it being an adult animated series (meaning for mature audiences, not children) instead of it being a live action TV series (as by having it as such, many may draw comparisons to the current The Walking Dead TV series currently on the air, as both deal with an apocalyptic event and characters facing the potential extinction of all of the human kind). By making it as an animated series, especially if they kept the artistic style of the comic intact for the series, it'd help it stand out against any other post apocalyptic series that is on or may come out.

Not to mention you can get way more bang for your buck with animation most of the time since you can do stunts and such that would be impossibly expensive otherwise.

Edit: The production values on this are as good if not better than the full length Metal gear fan film.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back