I'm just going with it, dude! The beauty about Xenos is that they are never the same!!

So that's the feet detailed. A few more tweaks on the body, legs, head and tail and I'm ready for the fun part: PAINTING!!! My favourite part!!!

0150.jpg0151.jpg0152.jpg0153.jpg

0150.jpg

0151.jpg

0152.jpg

0153.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
One final test fit (sans tail and head) before paint. Then I gave the feet a blast with the airbrush (The shading is a lot more subtle in natural light!) These will be the last photos now until my photoshoot of the final costume...!!

0163.jpg0164.jpg0161.jpg0162.jpg0159.jpg0158.jpg0157.jpg0160.jpg

0157.jpg

0158.jpg

0159.jpg

0160.jpg

0161.jpg

0162.jpg

0163.jpg

0164.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
None of this damn thing is screen accurate at all! lol!

Ha, I'm in the early testing/building stage of my xeno build and I'm running into this same dilemma as well. There's that part of me that wants things to look just right, but at the same time functionality/wearability has to take a bit of precedence for me. I have to constantly remind myself that just because a guy was able to wear something for a ten second shot on a movie set, it doesn't mean it will be practical to wear for hours in a real life social setting where I don't have a film crew to assist me. :)

Exactly! I watched the 3 hour "Making of Aliens" documentary the other day and I'm the same as you. In fact, even though I already knew, the most detailed Aliens were the puppets they used. But that's what I love about the Xeno; it allows for TONS of licence to be taken. You can change a lot to make it fit in with what you need, yet it's STILL recognisable as a Xeno!

Good luck with your build, I'd be very curious to see progress!! Hopefully you'll learn from some of my mistakes!!

In fact, I stopped getting hung up on accuracy very early on in the project. The ONLY thing I'd change and I'm not happy with is the head. While it's the correct length, I made the jaw too long and so the whole thing sits forward too much and makes the whole thing look shorter than it is. I'd also make the "helmet" part differently so I had a shorter neck. But I'm buggered if I'm changing that now!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back