X-Files : The Game Case File Replica

JonLTKnight

X-Files is one of my favorite TV Show from the 90's even if i don't like the end of it. But a thing i really enjoy when i was younger is the first video Game, simply title X-Files : The Game. I recently moved my desk to a new room and setup a new workbench. I was looking for a props to recreate, somethings fun to do and i had the idea to make a replica of the case file from the video game. Since it's made in FMV and thought it wouldn't be complicated. I must had that the story of the game is linked to the episodes 9 and 10 of the third season. So i've decide to make the case film of this episode with it.

X-Files : The Game
20220710_200619.jpg

- The Pictures come from the PC version of the game. They are in low rez so they look mostly ok, but you see the color compression. For the Dana Scully image, i had to recreate part of it, as the image of Mulder is hidding the right shoulder. Nothing really complicated.
- The Comity Inn paper is completly recreated from the image in the game. I found the good font for the logo and made the text in photoshop.

Completed
- Fox Mulder (photo)
- Dana Scully (photo)
- Photo of both agent
- Photo of Smolnikoff
- File of Fox Mulder (Game version)
- File of Dana Scully (Game version)
- Travel document
- Hotel Comity phone calls
- Hotel Comity note
- Blank Investigative report

In progress
- King county medical report for the sphere
- The Magic Bullet
- Fox mulder file case
- Craig Willmore file case
- Clay's BBQ paper bag
- Tarakan journal translation

Season 3 - Episode 9 & 10
20220706_112254.jpg

All these files come from the Unrestricted Access PC Game, i erased the labels from the photos to recreate them with proper stickers.

- The Pictures come from the PC version of the game. They are in low rez so they look mostly ok, but you see the color compression. For the Dana Scully image, i had to recreate part of it, as the image of Mulder is hidding the right shoulder. Nothing really complicated.
- The Comity Inn paper is completly recreated from the image in the game. I found the good font for the logo and made the text in photoshop.

I have a lot of document to recreate still. But it's a fun project.

Attachments

• 20220706_112205.jpg
    20220706_112205.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 249
Last edited:
Looking great so far.

I played that game when it was released on the PlayStation. I didn't have an memory card to save, so i had to leave it running till I cleared it.

I shared images from "The X-Files: Unrestricted Access" in the Free Replica Paper Props section, That covers the first 4 seasons of the show.

They might be of interest to you. Click the Link below,

The X-Files Prop replicas

Looking great so far.

I played that game when it was released on the PlayStation. I didn't have an memory card to save, so i had to leave it running till I cleared it.

I shared images from "The X-Files: Unrestricted Access" in the Free Replica Paper Props section, That covers the first 4 seasons of the show.

They might be of interest to you. Click the Link below,

The X-Files Prop replicas
Yeah, i allready visited your post and used some images to do the satelite photos. I also brought Unrestricted access today as i completly forgot it existed.

Update on the project. Still have a bunch of pages to recreate but so far here is the list of what is complete :

Completed
- Fox Mulder (photo)
- Dana Scully (photo)
- Photo of both agent
- Photo of Smolnikoff
- File of Fox Mulder (Game version)
- File of Dana Scully (Game version)
- Travel document
- Hotel Comity phone calls
- Hotel Comity note

In progress
- King county medical report for the sphere
- The Magic Bullet
- Fox mulder file case
- Craig Willmore file case
- Clay's BBQ paper bag
- Tarakan journal translation

20220707_221226.jpg

Something i forgot to tell is that all the papers are in french, as i own a french copy of the game. I'll get a english copy to translate them.

Last edited:
No case file is complete without an investigation report. Based on screengrab from the game, i recreated the yellow investigation report seen twice in the game. I'm not sure if it's actually used in the show as a prop. the surprising thing is that it's not giberish at all but seems to be a legit form.
20220710_200619.jpg

20220710_200628.jpg

I've made it blank and will reproduce the handwriting of Fox Mulder later. It was a fun exercise.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back