World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/27/2017

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/2/2016

Warcraft Orc Skin - Next week I will be displaying the steps it took to transform the fleece cloth into Orc skin! Here is a little before and after just to show how the Orc went from mascot to badass

xjyf1aIh.jpg

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/3/2016

Thanks for keeping us posted on the process :)

Out of curiosity, why did you go for what seems like fake leather, instead of real leather?

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/3/2016

So with the mask/helmet/face ordeal is the jaw and mouth going to operate or is it just going to be still?

Thanks for keeping us posted on the process :)

Out of curiosity, why did you go for what seems like fake leather, instead of real leather?

Personal goal for an overall budget. I want to show that it doesn't take a ton of money to make a really cool costume. It just takes a whole lot of time and skill. Once I finish I will do a cost breakdown and people are going to flip out :)

- - - Updated - - -

So with the mask/helmet/face ordeal is the jaw and mouth going to operate or is it just going to be still?

Still working on the jaw movement

Personal goal for an overall budget. I want to show that it doesn't take a ton of money to make a really cool costume. It just takes a whole lot of time and skill. Once I finish I will do a cost breakdown and people are going to flip out :)
Ah, budget! I can understand that; real leather can be expensive :) Personally, I get plenty of free leather by stripping old couches, but then you need to get lucky.

On a somewhat related not, that's the exact message of the write-up on my Orc costume ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Still working on the jaw movement
Look up california costumes. I bought a gorilla
14103a516b1d94340ffb9e4222581281.jpg
bf8225a0d67b80f3d4d47bfdcdd8a51d.jpg
mask with hinged jaw for my GroddOfWar im working on. Maybe it will give you ideas. It is very realistic when i talk in the mask.

Sent from my Note 5 via TapaTalk

Grodd build: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?p=3914756

www.facebook.com/gorillagroddcosplay

looking more awesome every time I look in , like idea of using the fleece cloth as a skin base you transformed it from Kermit to killer

Warcraft Orc - So many people were asking for these pics so here are the very first shots of me actually wearing all of the major pieces together. These shots helped me figure out any issues and what I need to work on. I really wish that I had put something in the foreground for scale because it just looks like a regular sized costume. But remember that my hands stop at his wrists and my feet stop at the top of the foot.

nOBTC8Dh.jpg

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/4/2016

Welp it needs to be done...
leroy1.jpg

but seriously...OUTSTANDING work SKS Props!!!

Attachments

• leroy.jpg
    leroy.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 188
  • leroy.jpg
    leroy.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/4/2016

This is so Cool.....after Tax time I think Im going to try this.....my foam skills are pretty good!...well in my opinion.......

love the size of it. How did it feel walking around in it? Be honest!

love the size of it. How did it feel walking around in it? Be honest!

Honestly at first the boots felt big(because they are). But because they are foam and extremely light, only 4.9 pounds each, they are pretty easy to walk around in. I have walked around my shop multiple times and have gotten used to keeping my legs apart a little more when walking. Honestly the whole suit is not bad for movement, it will just be pretty hot. I will just have to suffer for my art :)

Last edited:

Warcraft Orc Skin - Honestly I was nervous to attempt these next couple of steps. I have never used latex before and wasn't really sure how the suit would look in the end. But I also knew that this skin would make or break the look of the Orc. Without the realistic latex skin he just looks like a WOW high school mascot and for me personally that just wasn't going to do.
So, to start I took some of the fleece and tested the effects of different materials before I went to town on the muscle suit..The biggest problem with the latex is that the fleece will soak it up and you will have one hot and heavy skin. So while researching I came across videos from Stan Winston by Ted Haines showing him create a huge T-Rex head out of foam. Later in the steps to seal the foam he coated it with 3m 74 spray adhesive before he applied the latex. I thought that the principle would transfer over to the cloth and luckily I was right. So first step was to coat the entire muscle suit and face with spray adhesive. Be very careful no to let any of the parts touch each other because it is a really strong contact adhesive and you will probably have to rip it apart and do that section over. This spray is also pretty expensive (about $20-25 per can)
Once everything had dried enough so that it was tacky to the touch I began to apply the latex. I used just regular mask latex from monster makers. Because I wanted it to look like skin all of the latex was hand applied. This look was achieved by dipping some of my leftover upholstery foam into the latex and stippling it on to the suit/face. This process was time consuming but the results were worth the added effort. I could have tried to spray it on but I was worried that the mist would be to fine and I wouldn't get the correct texture at least for my Orc. For more normal skin a spray gun would probably be the best way to go.
So I applied a couple layers of latex just right out of the tub no additional colors or tints were added at this time. Tomorrow I will show how I tinted the latex to get a base color for the suit.

6aHAHnNh.jpg

mVg68cPh.jpg

iRI9QC6h.jpg

eqmZ9a9h.jpg

GlXKRdnh.jpg

7wTUNH6h.jpg
l9tslAfh.jpg

Qe3CEhJh.jpg

x1nPu9Eh.jpg

o6KscyTh.jpg

1f9lV0yh.jpg

Last edited:
Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/7/2016

How does the finished skin feel, what is the texture like to the touch?
Also, have you thought about adding some fans inside the suit? It looks like there would be room/places to add them.

Incredible work!

Re: World of Warcraft Orc Full Size Cosplay Costume SKS Props - Updated 3/7/2016

Nice Dude. You failed to show us the veining. I'm just sayin

That's actually in the next phase this was just the base coat. You will get to see it tomorrow :)

- - - Updated - - -

Also, have you thought about adding some fans inside the suit? It looks like there would be room/places to add them.

Almost no additional room :( The skin feel awesome! I wanted a rougher texture since these guys are in the elements all of the time. Just didn't make sense for him to have pretty boy skin

Last edited:

That's actually in the next phase this was just the base coat. You will get to see it tomorrow :)

- - - Updated - - -

Almost no additional room :( The skin feel awesome! I wanted a rougher texture since these guys are in the elements all of the time. Just didn't make since for him to have pretty boy skin

Are you trying to say Orcs can't have an affinity for moisturizing and skin care products?

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back