Working on a DALEK. Finished the dome lights. MAY 18th 2011

familyman

Sr Member
My kids and I decided we needed a little something extra to go with the TARDIS play house, so we started work on a DALEK. Hope you like the photos.
DSCF1358.jpg

Dalek1.jpg

DSCF1368.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Working on a DALEK.

BOB's your Uncle !!!!!!!!

Excellent start (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

This has been a great year for the RPF thanks tto people like you .

Keep at it and update often please .

Good Show !!!!

Thanks for the kind words, I posted my pics then took a look around and was temped to take my pics down, they fail in comparison to everyone elses here. But This is the first time I have ever tried anything this big, I normaly do miniatures.
Thanks again for making me feel welcome.

BOB's your Uncle !!!!!!!!

Excellent start (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

This has been a great year for the RPF thanks tto people like you .

Keep at it and update often please .

Good Show !!!!

Excellent! Always good to see the army grow. :)

Thanks guys, this will noway be as good as most, but my kids will love it and that is what I am working for right now. Once I get this done then I can start savin g for somemore tools and make a btter one.
WOrking with only a dewalt drill, hand screwdrivers, jigsaw, handsaw and a sonic screwdriver, I can not expect greatness...
but here is the latest pic.
DSCF1372.jpg

Excellent work! Thought about making one myself but living in an apartment kinda exterminated that option.

Your kids are gonna love it.

thats fantastic.. I have a vague recollection of someone building one and using one those disabled carts to power it. i think there mayber a vid on youtube....

for the limited resources you have man thats turning out pretty damn good

thats fantastic.. I have a vague recollection of someone building one and using one those disabled carts to power it. i think there mayber a vid on youtube....

for the limited resources you have man thats turning out pretty damn good

Thanks man, that's a great boost for me. The hard part is working out how to do something with just what I have, I read threads and study pictures and understand how it should be done, but with limited tools I have to cut corners and adapt techniques.
But it IS SO MUCH FUN!!!!!.... I love this work. Now all I need to do is get paid for doing it,, lol..

My friend, out of nowhere just started to talk about wanting to build a Dalek to run around in at the cons. You're doing great so far. Keep us posted. Are you using any specific plans or did you come up with it on your own?

My friend, out of nowhere just started to talk about wanting to build a Dalek to run around in at the cons. You're doing great so far. Keep us posted. Are you using any specific plans or did you come up with it on your own?

I got the plans from the project dalek website, but I am also using a toy dalek to help with look and feel of the thing.
Thanks for the kind words.

ok well working on the dome now, the eye and sucker arm were only quickly thrown together just to see what it was looking like so far..
Enjoy..
DSCF1397.jpg

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back