Dalek Manipulator Arm

LeoCor Replicas

Made a Dalek manipulator arm using a bit of PVC pipe, a dowel, a plunger cup, and Christmas ornament ball.

The actual arm parts were painted with Rustoleum metallic finish aluminum spray paint, and the ball joint is just flat black. The overall style leans towards the classic era, since that's the type of Dalek I'd eventually like to build. The arm does extend via pushing out the thinner dowel rod through the back of the ball joint.

Next up is the gunstick, and possibly an eyestalk.

Untitled.jpg

If you are looking for good Dalek balls... these are a great go to. They are solid and the right diameter. You can cut the hole and the centre bit comes out easily. Just be careful to not let the "magic" out. Its purple liquid that is very messy!

Attachments

• 9k.jpg
    9k.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 31
  • 9m.jpg
    9m.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 27
  • GUEST_895523bb-a5d5-4c08-b081-2e89ee302445.jpg
    GUEST_895523bb-a5d5-4c08-b081-2e89ee302445.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 29
If you are looking for good Dalek balls... these are a great go to. They are solid and the right diameter. You can cut the hole and the centre bit comes out easily. Just be careful to not let the "magic" out. Its purple liquid that is very messy!
Thanks for the heads-up! I went the quick route and picked up these make-your-own ornament balls this past Christmas while they were on sale. Just drilled out the middle with increasing sizes of step drill bits.

I used plant wire stakes. Good diameter and strong but bendable. PVC joiners as the rings. Id use copper pipe ones and braze them on if i had the gear, but this has stayed together for about 14 years so far!

Attachments

• 9e.jpg
    9e.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
  • 9i.jpg
    9i.jpg
    887 KB · Views: 34
I used plant wire stakes. Good diameter and strong but bendable. PVC joiners as the rings. Id use copper pipe ones and braze them on if i had the gear, but this has stayed together for about 14 years so far!
Plant stakes! Aw, I should've thought of that! I've been trying to cut wire hangers, but it's a pain in the butt! Thank you so much!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back