Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

The red stripes is what the original design was going to look like for the X1 jacket

Yes, I ran across that info either here or over at FJ.com (or both). I think if the jacket had been black then the red would have been the way to go but the tan seems to go with a brown jacket better.
A black jacket may have given the impression of him being more of a hard core motorcycle guy and I think they (the studio) would have wanted Wolverine to perhaps be more universal. None the less the red looks nice on the horsehide jacket. Of course this is all just my take on the color combinations, to someone elses eye the opinions could be just the opposite.

And you probably won't. Not here, anyways. I believe there is one person over at fj.com that purchased an XO from Heron, but he wasn't too happy with the outcome, and since it was a custom order there was no returns.

This website are using my pics without my permission, thanks for show me this site, I will contact them.

Jeggs, i messaged you about getting that jacket custom made but did not hear back from you?
I would really love to see some pictures of that jacket on someone that has purchased it?
but having a really hard time. I have contacted a number of people who bought them off ebay asking them if they have any in hand pictures or can give me feedback about its materials and quality etc but did not have much luck there + i did not know that ebay limits the number of messages you can send per day... wtf ebay
anyway... would really like some assistance as i am hoping to get this jacket in time for winter but need to know what i am buying first e.g. see pictures and hear what other people thought of it etc

Pic of my newly received and distressed dogtags...
IMG_20110924_212822.jpg

Speaking of dogtags. I have still am waiting on the rep about possible metals to use.

I have been working on the artwork. I did the shape of the tag and right now I am working on the text. I can see why no one have made accurate tags (at least from what I've seen that are out there) because the fonts are tough to identify. Right now I found the text for "WOLVERINE". It looks perfect and even tha nature spacing seems to comply.

The stumbling block at this point is the the font for the numbers because it is not the same as the font for the letters. I came across a similar problem with the BSG tags, and I might have to find something close and then alter it as I need it.

Speaking of dogtags. I have still am waiting on the rep about possible metals to use.

I have been working on the artwork. I did the shape of the tag and right now I am working on the text. I can see why no one have made accurate tags (at least from what I've seen that are out there) because the fonts are tough to identify. Right now I found the text for "WOLVERINE". It looks perfect and even tha nature spacing seems to comply.

The stumbling block at this point is the the font for the numbers because it is not the same as the font for the letters. I came across a similar problem with the BSG tags, and I might have to find something close and then alter it as I need it.

You noticed that too, huh. To which you must've also noticed that the the number seems to vary on font except from my top image with ball chain. The distessing looks off, but all the other details seem to be there on that dogtag, aside from the obvious screen cap in the snow. The way it's stamped punched or casted is another huge issue, as what you mentioned about the font that is very easily overlooked. Distinct 3 and most importantly the way the number 4 looks. I've never seen that on any dogtags I've come across...yet.

As for your new tag, hollow...
I think this is as close as you will get on the steel tags from this vendor. As it's hard to engrave any deeper on these and not screw up a bit. I wish there was a way to do so, maybe a cnc or laser? Who knows, but I'd love to keep the steel ones as a they are thin, durable and rust proof. Any casted metal is most likely to wear after a short period like mine did from the eBay yahoo. Once having the proper font, size and spacing, there is a huge door that opens for whomever makes these proper tags. I'm really rooting for MJF to have a good metal option here. :thumbsup

Last edited:
I'll see if I can figure out what the font is for the numbers. If neither of us can locate it I may be able to do a vector trace of the letters from the screen shots. I'm a graphic designer by day so I'm used to these kinds of recreations.

I'm rooting for MJF too. I agree Tony, my tags are pretty good, but far from perfect. The engraving is so shallow that with the distressing it is difficult to read in certain lights. Sometimes it only looks like a blank tag. I'm going to try something to remedy that, but honestly, I don't have very high hopes of it working. We'll see.

Also on my tag the spacing and text location is a little better than it first appeared
IMG_20110924_212822.jpg

wolverine_cdn.jpg

However, the engraving is not as deep as was portrayed on the site and the "Wolverine" is in an outlined font. I'm still gonna try something though. All in all, not bad for $10...

Wolverinenewpic.jpg

what grade leather do you think was used for this jacket?
I thought that it was a fairly thin leather until I recently saw that the cuffs appear to be stiff somewhat and there for thicker?
why do you think they made the cuffs thicker than the rest of the jacket?
or do you think the whole jacket was thicker than it looks?
also, does anybody have images of the jacket when he is first given it in the barn? i took a look around but could not find any myself.

Could someone post a side by side shot of the X1 and XO jackets. I find that I have a hard time knowing which is which at first glance.

Also, about the Indian Head buckles. There seem to a be a style which is readily available on Ebay in which it has bits of coloring. Besides those bits, the general design seems to make a good replica. Anyone ever modify one of those?

Could someone post a side by side shot of the X1 and XO jackets. I find that I have a hard time knowing which is which at first glance.

The best way to tell for me is that the X-1 jacket's line around the waist is rises above the bottom of the jacket where as the X-O follows the jacket all the way around the bottom.

MJF...you're such an X-jacket noob. :lol We will rememdy that soon enough. ;)

Xkage is right among a dozen other details like:

XO:............................................. X1:

-gauntlet cuffs...................................-barrel cuffs no seam/hem
-amber collar detail.............................-bare cafe collar
-amber detail in bi swing......................-bare/same color bi swing gusset
-back of collar has downward apex........-no apex straight
-waist stripe goes all way around...........-waist stripe stop at back seam
-sleeve stripes go half way round..........-sleeve stripes go all way round
-sleeve gusset is half to elbow..............-sleeve gusset is enclosed, almost to sleeve stripes
-bottom hem dips down........................-bottom hem is straight across
-chest zips are closer together..............-chest zips are further apart
-collar is higher...................................-collar is limp and shorter
-elbow and shoulder pad stitching...........-none
-3 sleeve stripes on either side...............-missing left, top sleeve stripe
-little to no distressing..........................-LOTS of distressing

did I miss anything?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back