Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

hey guys Relax, you're making mountains out of molehills, I do not intend to make a clone of the jacket x-3, I want to make my own version based on the screen, if I accept the offer of comonbub is just to see the kind of work, not to make a clone of the x-3 jacket, not fair be condemned before committing a crime.

Jorge very well said! And Bat you are 100% correct. When I read that commonbub was going to send his jacket my first thought was cool Jorge is going to use it to make his own version not use it to make patterns.

I think we all need to relax here!

Correct as far as you take it as to strict copyrighted image legality. But you have a novices understanding - and a novices understanding of the law is a tenuous thing. There are exceptions that apply. Images vs. trade secrets and proprietary methods and processes. Opening that seam crosses a line. It may be ethical only, but it can also be quite legal.

My clients include Amblin, Lucasfilm Ltd, DreamWorks, and Disney...

As to discomfort? It is at a minimum their own unethical behavior that's making people uncomfortable. Frankly thats not my concern...

Again - if you think it's ok? Call Milos. Shouldn't be a problem - right?

And I'll leave this thread. I thought this was for fans of the IP to discuss collecting honest reproductions, props, etc... I'd prefer not to see this stuff.

Those of you who know me, know where they can find me.

Regards,

-Todd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hey guys Relax, you're making mountains out of molehills, I do not intend to make a clone of the jacket x-3, I want to make my own version based on the screen, if I accept the offer of comonbub is just to see the kind of work, not to make a clone of the x-3 jacket, not fair be condemned before committing a crime.

Kudos! By what you say you clearly understand the ethical issue.

I'm still checking out - but it's nice to know my son can keep your jacket.

Regards,

-Todd

Whoa what the hell is going on here? Pat, I really doubt Heron as good as they are can "clone" this jacket. A "clone" is not what I had in mind. I think you'd have to take the jacket apart to do that because if you're an original X3 owner, you know that the INSIDES of the jacket (the padding) and all of that gives it it's true shape. *****, I didn't mean for this idea to be pissed on. And "legally" there is nothing wrong with it. I mean hell, Milos even looked at the original Bates to create his X3 if you forgot. In case you haven't noticed, every single X jacket vendor on here has copied the jacket and being a criminal justice grad, I KNOW that there is nothing legally wrong with doing so because the designs aren't copyrighted like I have read. So before you go ballistic on my idea on giving Heron an X3 for them to get proper measurements for them to make their own, just know what we've discussed before you jump to conclusions. Let's say he did rip my jacket apart and "clone" it, that's on him, not me. What we discussed is written in PMs. I'm jsut letting him borrow my jacket so he can get measurements off it. and hell. It'd help him make that impossible ducktail for his X2 considering nobody can seem to perfect it being that it's the same shape on the X3. Pat, if you wanna talk, PM me. Just don't do what you just did because it just threw the whole mood of this tread down the toilet tonight. ANYWAYS. Mara, there was this awesome website where you could get an exact copy of the Origins and X1/X2 tags but I can't remember what it was. If anybody else from FJ.com can answer, go for it because I can't.

yes, this is ethical issue, honestly I'd rather make my own version, besides if I wanted to make clones of other jackets already had bought some original jackets a long time and not wait for someone lend me his jacket but this is not my intencion.

BTW when someone buys one of my jackets has complete freedom to do whatever he wants with it.

Kudos! By what you say you clearly understand the ethical issue.

I'm still checking out - but it's nice to know my son can keep your jacket.

Regards,

-Todd

Last edited:
All I can say is wow! Debby downer for sure!

anyway Mara I know there is a guy selling the X1-3 version on eBay. I have one and it's really nice very high quality. As for the XO version I thought Magnoli makes those might want to shoot him a PM see if he still makes em! I read somewhere that safety tags wont stamp wolverine on it for some reason, chime in guys if you can clear this up? Here is the one of eBay Pre distressed!

BTW guys, since I have Tony making me a new X1 belt, my old one X1 (not old, actually never even worn by me) is available. It's probably closest to a size 30 if anyone has a slimmer waist than me :). PM me and I can give measurements and photos. I'm pretty sure its a magnoli belt. Asking $45

Do you have pics of the old belt BATS?

Here you go bub. The total length is 37 1/4". It doesn't even have belt holes punched yet so there is a blank area from 26 1/4" to 31 3/4" where you can punch a hole to your size.

IMG_4184.jpg

:lol Looks like Magnoli took my extra grommet and rivet idea and ran with it. I did that not even knowing that Magnoli offered that particular set up. I just saw what I saw in the grainy stills and assumed there was another set behind the buckle. Oh, well, it's not like I can get all huffy and puffy over it like someone else here... :rolleyes

Looks like Magnoli took my extra grommet and rivet idea and ran with it. I did that not even knowing that Magnoli offered that particular set up. I just saw what I saw in the grainy stills and assumed there was another set behind the buckle. Oh, well, it's not like I can get all huffy and puffy over it like someone else here... :rolleyes

I almost lost it when I read the huffy puffy part! :lol

Mara Maybe it was another place, I didnt know safety tags would do that...that is awesome!

According to the vendor and gentleman from eBay with whom I've talked to, that sells the dead on replicas (either new or aged in a chemical bath) he is the only authorized person on the planet to sell and replicate the X1 dogtags that include the words Wolverine and his associated set of numbers. He has basically shut down all other X1 replica makers on the web...single handedly. Scaring them with a lawsuit from Marvel or something to that affect. I doubt you can legally hold that design soley, just like the jacket design situation. But who knows, it's been working for him for years now.

The entire reason I have an eBay and paypal account is because of him back in '03 I HAD to have one of creations and did, but in my last house move I misplaced it. It looked sweet as hell, screen accurate and felt the part. The only issue is I wore it for about a year and a half and the ball chain acted like a saw, slowly wearing away the edges of the hole. It's not steel, as it's semi-soft, and rust resistant, but it's not pewter. He won't devulge his methods or materials. He's quite a pain in the ass in my opinion. :lol

-Tony

It looks like the claws have come out on this forum but it's not always a bad thing, keeps us on the straight and narrow, from wandering to far from the tracks. If everyone agreed then we would definitely know something was wrong.
Patterson is quick on the trigger, perhaps a little too quick, but he's a straight shooter and has done more than most people know for the hobby of prop replication, and I would hate to see him, or anyone else leave this forum because of a case of not seeing eye to eye.

Besides, I was really looking forward to those pictures of that Vanson Horsehide X1.:thumbsup

You don't have to wait here, you can go to the FJ.com forums and see a couple of those HH X1 jackets. By far the best one is owned by the member Cole and he's owned it over 10 years now.
Well worn to say the least. ;)

According to the vendor and gentleman from eBay with whom I've talked to, that sells the dead on replicas (either new or aged in a chemical bath) he is the only authorized person on the planet to sell and replicate the X1 dogtags that include the words Wolverine and his associated set of numbers. He has basically shut down all other X1 replica makers on the web...single handedly. Scaring them with a lawsuit from Marvel or something to that affect. I doubt you can legally hold that design soley, just like the jacket design situation. But who knows, it's been working for him for years now.

The entire reason I have an eBay and paypal account is because of him back in '03 I HAD to have one of creations and did, but in my last house move I misplaced it. It looked sweet as hell, screen accurate and felt the part. The only issue is I wore it for about a year and a half and the ball chain acted like a saw, slowly wearing away the edges of the hole. It's not steel, as it's semi-soft, and rust resistant, but it's not pewter. He won't devulge his methods or materials. He's quite a pain in the ass in my opinion. :lol

-Tony

Yeah mine is the acid wash one that is pre weathered. I will say it def a really sweet tag. Very nice material and quality! BUt yes he has a novel printed in his ebay auctions thatif you dont read he wont send you the tag. Its like studying for a test that you dont give 2 ****s about!

-Tony

I just purchased a set from here
Wolverine Dogtags - X-men weapon-X Dog tags.
They are stainless steel. I'm gonna beat the bejeezus out of them. And hey...I'm a chemistry teacher. I have access to some chemicals that will age these quite well!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back