Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Has anyone had any luck getting a watch on the band? The watch I had was too small so i got the same one Drool has but it won't go on. It's like the thickness of the leather is too much. I've been working on it for a couple hours now and no progress.

Yeah I got mine on, in about 45 minutes. Took some modding of the Watch holder bands, just had to make them a little smaller width wise, but all in all I am pleased!
4a174fa0.jpg

Nice! Good call on the watch. ;)
Did you have that laying around or did you buy it for the band?

Over time the band will form to your wrist. To speed up that process, you can wet the watchband and flex it to wrap around better. It's thick, sturdy belting leather, the same I use for my belts, so it's not flimsy.

Problem is that my watch like Drool's, it has a front cover area that hides the pins (not open like yours). It is very difficult to get the ends of the pins to reach the set holes.

Nice! Good call on the watch. ;)
Did you have that laying around or did you buy it for the band?

Over time the band will form to your wrist. To speed up that process, you can wet the watchband and flex it to wrap around better. It's thick, sturdy belting leather, the same I use for my belts, so it's not flimsy.

Yeah i bought the watch at Walmart for like $25 with sweet IndiGlo technology lol. Yeah I did notice the band is very sturdy, and in the odd chance I wear it out I am hitting you up immediately Tony cause this is one of the nicest pieces I have ever purchased.

Well after hours of prying at the watch and watchband, I finally got it on. I swear, this thing was minutes away at getting put in the junkyard because iIwas just that frustrated. But it finally worked out and here it is:

7831-dsc01588.jpg

The watchband is awesome. I took mine to fossil to get it fixed up and the guy was cursing a storm because it was so hard to put on. I took a bath in mine and it shrunk a bit and molded to my wrist. I love it.

I think that the pic does not show the duck bill by the way it was placed the jacket on the hanger if 1bat can take again the pic with the neck up as the original pic bates you notice the duck bill be shown

about the burgundy triangle on sleeve and waist I will improve it, no problem

x2compareheronlcbates2.jpg

Well after hours of prying at the watch and watchband, I finally got it on. I swear, this thing was minutes away at getting put in the junkyard because iIwas just that frustrated. But it finally worked out and here it is:

7831-dsc01588.jpg

Yeah. the hidden pin style isn't easy. It never is. I'm used to it though, as I've been repairing watches and working with leather for a long time now. Glad you were able to add the Timex Expedition on though. They look awesome, as they work better and last a LOT longer than the RM watches.

CB, glad you were able to get your's on too. I can only imagine what that guy was saying. :lol Wetting it and having it mod to your wrist is the way to go, as it is built to last and made from the belting hides I use for my X1 and X2 belts.

I emailed Jorge to see about my jacket! He said it will be done this week and was running a couple days behind cause he was making improvements to the jacket, I can only guess that he is fixing the burgundy areas for mine.

Sure. Feels like I'm watching development of a knockoff in public, up to and including blatant copying of somebody's creative work. I'm a little disgusted. But - hey! As long as y'all get a less expensive X3...

Is that more clear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure. Feels like I'm watching development of a knockoff in public, up to and including blatant copying of somebody's creative work. I'm a little disgusted. But - hey! As long as y'all get a less expensive X3...

Is that more clear?

Very clear BUT I am referring to my X2 being made by Heron sooooo I am glad your disgusted but might want to point it at the X3 buyers! Idont agree with the copying of it BUT once you own something you can do with it as you please kind of a grey area!

Enjoy the jacket. Btw - I have a Bates X2. I'd use the Logan's Closet / Vanson as your point of comparison. Glad I bought one - and it's a great jacket - but it lacks certain details... Jmo...

Patterson, you own a multitude of replicas including Wested X-jackets as well as Vanson, so there really shouldn't be much coming from you in terms of purity from a vendor or original maker. Relax and stop pissing on people's parades.

Patterson, you own a multitude of replicas including Wested X-jackets as well as Vanson, so there really shouldn't be much coming from you in terms of purity from a vendor or original maker. Relax and stop pissing on people's parades.

Nice try, but no... There's a difference between making a pattern by looking at screen grabs and obtaining and dissecting another's work without their permission. I've worked with creative people enough to understand what you clearly don't. There absolutely is a material difference.

If you don't think so, then why don't you call Milos and tell him what you're proposing? Do you think he'll say "Great idea!" Heck - why stop there - send them some Hugo Boss designs. I'm sure they can knock those off right down to the labels. Oh right - it's a felony...

You have a good eye Tony - but you lack some requisite decision making abilities...

For the record? If I even suspect a vendor obtained and dissected another's work without permission? I won't do business with them. I'll now replace my son's Heron with a Vanson...

Last edited:
This is getting to be uncomfortable Patterson.

Clothes aren't copy written, only logo's are. Besides, imitation is the greatest form of flattery! You can either find it annoying or take pride in the fact that someone likes your product so much that they're trying to figure out how you did it. Bottom line is anyone who creates a copy of the ANYTHING is imitation. I don't see any point to get worked up over this issue. Anyone can do what ever they want with the jackets they own including trying to figure out how they were made and replicate it. That's what happens when you sell something publicly.

To me it's like a band doing a cover of a song. They might play it exactly the same as the original (dissecting the original as it were), maybe even using the same instruments. But no matter what it will never be identical. And some people like those covers, and some hate them. To each their own.

You obviously have a strong opinion, and it's been heard.

Let's move on shall we?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back