Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

haha. Funny you should mention that as I've been thinking about adding fur trim on the collar to give it that extra Sabretooth feel. But I do agree they missed the mark twice. Over and under the bar completely. :lol

Tony, you kinda remind me of Sabretooth from that x-men evolution cartoon from back when I was a kid. You'd pull that off good.

Thanks Bub! For some reason I always refer to that look. :lol

This is what I was shooting for though:

And yes, the bracers were both cobbled together with what I had lying around. The black one is actually for archery I made back in December, and the brown one was made from the upper of discarded sandals with some extra pizzazz thrown in. :razz: I plan on adding some actual fur trim to the collar, to set off the final touches of the vest, and I plan on making a pair of makeshift chaps out of the deerskin I have and lacing it all together, based on the pattern of riding chaps I have. I plan on buying a pair of brown Carhartt pants to match the last image. My envisioning of Sabretooth lies somewhere in between the two film versions, as both missed the mark. Either one was too over the top or way too subtle for my taste.

I plan on getting the teeth, contacts, theater quality mutton chops and maybe a wig, and a set of claws to complete the look. :D

Last edited:
Proof of brand shirt by Sandy Dalal worn by Hugh at the end of X1:

Logan concept sketch from X1 (if you'll notice the red stripes changed but the belt and buckle stayed ;) :

Recognize the bully's Denim jacket? :D

HD version of the bottom of Logan's boots at the end of XO:

Logan's boots in X3:

Last edited:
This is the first time that I've seen a real good close up of that Sandy Dalal shirt to where I can actually make out the intricate details of the paisley pattern. Thanks for posting it.

Version 3.0 I think Wade has it pretty well nailed!!!
IMG_9965.jpg

IMG_9969.jpg

IMG_9980.jpg

IMG_9934.jpg

Flatter laces, thinner band, but heavy duty and intended for hard wear! Very special thanks to Struve1976! He is the one who ironed all the nit picky details out with Wade. I just get a cool watch out of it! (y)

Yep! I just needed better photos of the screen worn band and a couple of dimensional details to get it right. With the soft and strong pig skin suede these are not only comfy but durable. Sourced all the right leather and hardware, too. Now they're standardized and ready to roll out! I can do this wristband and either of the two belt styles worn by Wolverine in X-1 and X-O if desired. Just shoot me an email if interested.

Thanks Trav!

Best,

W.E.

adventureleather@mac.com.

Wow, the watch looks awesome!

Love those photos. Interesting how the concept art didn't change much at all.

One other question in regards to the weathering/breaking in of a Vanson. How long does the jacket need to be in the dryer with no heat and with tennis balls? Obviously there are different degrees of weathering but just to knock off the shine and dull down the yellow, how long would you expert recommend? Mine is due to arrive tomorrow so I am preparing! :cool

Heya Wade...Nice to see you on the thread Brother!

I've got a Wolverine belt in the making from this man too...And everything else he's done for me has been beyond first class...I'd recommend him to anyone needing anything done in custom leather (except leather thongs/pants..Cause...That's just weird..)

He's the man for the work....

Of course, I'll post pics of the belt when it arrives here too...

Great watch strap! If I wore a watch, I'd be asking for one too I think! :thumbsup

Just had to share with you gentlemen that I officially have my X1 Vanson in hand now. Actually, it's not in my hands but on me. Put it in the dryer for a couple hours between last night and this morning with some tennis balls and no heat. Now I'm wearing it trying to get the creases in the arms to come in more.

This is, without question, the most amazing jacket I have ever had! I absolutely love this thing!! I'd like to have the sleeves be about 1/2" shorter but I'm hoping once the arms start creasing some, that my issue will be resolved.

Otherwise I'm wearing the jacket and reading this entire thread trying to locate great tips to break it in.

Like I said...just had to share! :cool

WE NEED SOME PICS !!!! :lol

Just had to share with you gentlemen that I officially have my X1 Vanson in hand now. Actually, it's not in my hands but on me. Put it in the dryer for a couple hours between last night and this morning with some tennis balls and no heat. Now I'm wearing it trying to get the creases in the arms to come in more.

This is, without question, the most amazing jacket I have ever had! I absolutely love this thing!! I'd like to have the sleeves be about 1/2" shorter but I'm hoping once the arms start creasing some, that my issue will be resolved.

Otherwise I'm wearing the jacket and reading this entire thread trying to locate great tips to break it in.

Like I said...just had to share! :cool

Holy......Cack!

That tag is awesome!! They came out damn near perfect! Mara Jade's Father, you're owed a beer and several ANYTIME you come past Tokyo... Really, really cool work!!

So glad I'm in on this! They look perfect!

Oh, while I'm here, this is the X-0 Belt from Wade Egan that I'd ordered.. The belt is just slightly too large on me (I've lost a fair bit of weight over the last few months) but I'll be taking it to a belt guy here maybe and shortening it just a touch!

Wade, GREAT work as always Sir!

Painting it took all day today, but I haven't started on any distressing work yet.. That'll come tomorrow! Let me know what you all think!?

Regards

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back