Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Here's some progress on my buckle. Got it all dyed up on the front and back.
IMG_0428.jpg
The dreaded lacing...This is the toughest stage, I'm literally bleeding from the finger tips doing this. I hope to have the gold panted in the flower and vine within the next few days.
IMG_0429 (1).jpg

The lacing is a b****h
There is a special lacing needle designed to clamp and grip the end of lacing. I believe for exact reason. Its a two piece design with a rounded tip to fit through holes but not damage the pre-punched material. I have one and I'll see if I can find it or find one online for referencing to help those doing these buckle kits. I wish I had realized this months ago....probably could have saved some skin and blood.
Googled lacing needle and a few popped up as spring needles as well.

Last edited:
There is a special lacing needle designed to clamp and grip the end of lacing. I believe for exact reason. Its a two piece design with a rounded tip to fit through holes but not damage the pre-punched material. I have one and I'll see if I can find it or find one online for referencing to help those doing these buckle kits. I wish I had realized this months ago....probably could have saved some skin and blood.
Googled lacing needle and a few popped up as spring needles as well.

I kinda figured that there was, nothing that a flathead screwdriver couldn't do. No damage to the pre-cut holes done. Been rocking this for the past few days with my Origins belt and have gotten nothing but great compliments. A few asked me where I got it lol I was like uhhhhhhhh

Likewise....More people like the leather work than have said so for the Indian head buckle.....People appreciate the skill in something clearly handmade, not just handpainted I guess?

I like the combo more than enough....

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, also.....I've had a friend of mine who works as a designer, make me an X1 shirt, using the same fabric Wolverony used for his......She's custom fitted it to me, of course, and sent it off today....So once it arrives I'll have some photos to post...But it's been an interesting project to work on...And the colours of the fabric I like as well...

She's asked me to mention that if there was any interest in getting these made, she could offer either custom fitted or generic, in the same fabric and design, for several of us, for the right price........

I'll post photos once it arrives in Japan....

Bad news.

The UDreplica X2 suit I purchased is going to cost me almost what I paid for it , which is much to have fitted to my size. I've had a few people look at doing it, but they would need to cut almost every stitch and cut the individual sections to size and then reassemble the thing. A lot of hours and money to have it done right and not a hack job. Well I'm left with 2 options, first, I'm going to be trying to find someone with the size Medium that out grew it to trade for my size Large, Does anyone know where a few good places (besides the RPF) that would be a good place to post for a trade????? I wish I knew some one with connection that web out to many places or people that are into this kind of thing. I'm going to try and find someone for the next 6 month to trade too, otherwise my 2nd option is to sell my suit. :(

Any help would be awesome!!!!!

fifthchamber The 70's belt was cheap compared to $100 bucks for only a complete buckle. Not 100% screen accurate obviously. The belt can be used as a template and with some modifications the buckle can be made screen accurate. I could have another hand crafted custom from scratch by my local leather shop and he'd at least have somethin' to go by other than some screen grabs.
WolverineDOFP70sBelt.JPG
High resolution close-up shot of Wolverine's belt pattern bub.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind paying more for a quality item.....While I have limits, the buckle was well worth it in my opinion, and the belt above just seems overpriced (even at 50 dollars).....The leather is horrible, and it's been made badly.....Notwithstanding the leather thickness issues and the quality of the design they've used....It'd be close to "decent" at 20-30 dollars...But at 50 is too much for what you're getting.....You'd be better off sticking with the photo above and taking it to a genuine leatherworker who knows how to make decent belts....In my opinion......

So below is a link that Soldier provided to those Zimerlli looka-like tanks...Just got a few. On the DOFP topic, 100 bucks for the belt I posted is worth it to me considering how much it takes to craft it.. I'll be getting the Lenwood version once I get the funds. Also...Nobody commented on the possible ducktail in which I am entirely positive the DOFP jacket has looking at multiple angles...Thoughts on that one?

http://www.c-in2.com/retail/catalog/show/core-engine-tank?s=287

I've looked at several of the scenes on the blu ray version, and can't see the ducktail at all....I suspect it's a visual trick caused by the raised arms...The Origins jacket tail can be seen from the side, but so far, the DoFP version doesn't follow the same rules....It looks rather flat in the few scenes I've seen where the back and sides can be seen....

(And I believe that I've mentioned that Dan is planning on making versions available at some point....Of all the belts from all the films...)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back