Wolverine all day baby! Jackets, belts, claws, oh my.

Having just read pt. 3 of the Death of Wolverine series, I thought some of you might enjoy a look at one of the locations in the book, for real....It's a park I've been to several times inthe centre of the city, and absolutely lovely....Although I'm pretty sure there's no Ogun there? Maybe he just hid well.....
Here's the website with a video for those interested....I can see why Wolverine chose to stop there with Kitty.....It's a great place to chill out...And also right next to the biggest martial arts weapons/gear/books/etc shop in Tokyo....Which, I'm sure, comes in useful for someone like him...

http://teien.tokyo-park.or.jp/en/koishikawa/video.html

I find it hilarious that the final issue of Death of Wolverine got pushed back another week and the new nightcrawler book that just came out already has him listed as dead lol

Any chance you could pass on the details of the fabric used for the shirt (tartan pattern from where?Etc)? I'm sure we could all benefit from the name of the pattern type, and get shirts that are passably close to the first movies version?

I'll do better than that fifth chamber. But first, yes, I will hook you guys up. Let me make sure she has more yardage and I'll get back on asap with the info;)

- - - Updated - - -

Boom. Tint wash on my Authentic Zimmerli complete.

dis-day tank.jpg

Wolverony,
What was the plan to darken the Zimmerli to a gray? As he didn't start wearing it until X2. The lighting in X1 lent some skewed darker coloring which makes it harder to identify the hue for his tank top. Its presumed that it was a standard gray, but never confirmed like the maker of the flannel, jeans and boots. The only three items confirmed were the jean jacket, the red paisley shirt and that the jackets including the stunt jackets were produced in house by FOX.

Wolverony,
What was the plan to darken the Zimmerli to a gray? As he didn't start wearing it until X2. The lighting in X1 lent some skewed darker coloring which makes it harder to identify the hue for his tank top. Its presumed that it was a standard gray, but never confirmed like the maker of the flannel, jeans and boots. The only three items confirmed were the jean jacket, the red paisley shirt and that the jackets including the stunt jackets were produced in house by FOX.

The Tank in X-2 was actually beige/'grey more on the beige side. This pic is a little dark, and the shirt was still a bit wet, and yes the lighting played a key role in X-1, but yes, the X-1 was also distressed and dyed/tinted a light wash. His tank in X-1 was nowhere near white.

The case here (and with the X-1 original tank used) was to present a worn, constantly dirtied and washed appearance. Just worn the hell out. By X-2, the tanks were actually dyed a solid, clean color.

Trust me;) I can't tell you how I know some of what in know. Industry ****.

"Trust me;) I can't tell you how I know some of what in know. Industry ****."

Over on the Indy forums there was guy who used to say things like that, Patterson......Interesting lad.....Bit nuts...I wouldn't worry for two reasons, 1) we may well already know it, and simply want to double check with you, and 2) no one in the "industry" cares about things like that....

Good to hear about the shirt....I guess you mean you have a plan to sell them? Since you won't disclose the pattern name?

Annnnnd then this happened.

Time to start distressing some leather again. Oh, for this easing me how i rounded the shoulders on my X-1 leather, I will be releasing a long format, full distressing video.

At some point in the not too distant future.

Get it? because.... because I said a tag from the movie. You know. so I'm like IN the movie.

In my own mind. So I made the angry faces.

Anyway yeah, the tank here is not the Zimmerli. That comes tomorrow.

View attachment 386239View attachment 386240View attachment 386241View attachment 386242View attachment 386243

Make sure you have one more button on your shirt snapped. Too many undone to be super screen accurate.

Soo DOFP consisted of less Wolverine scenes, but that's basically what the deleted scenes are? Awesome for us! I know a lot of people will hate on Wolvie for hogging the limelight in the bonus features such as the deleted scenes, when they do, i'll use the line from this scene :lol
X-Men-First-Class-Hugh-Jackman-Wolverine-Cameo.jpg

love the bone claws just hate that top bit that goes over the knucles it looked terrible in dofp would it be hard to make them without?

Bone claws.....Are......Badass......Nuff' said.

@darkside501st goodness, those new bone claws are awesome. I gotta get me a pair. Can you hook me up?

Thank you both. I am glad you like them. Send me a PM if you are interested. I also have a thread in the Project Run forum.

love the bone claws just hate that top bit that goes over the knucles it looked terrible in dofp would it be hard to make them without?

Thanks. The saying 'to each there own' applies here. A lot of people like it and some people don't. The knuckle tab can be customized to your liking. If it is to thick, too long, or too something else then it can be trimmed down to your liking. On my own personal set, which I still have yet to make for myself, I plan on tapering the tab so that it gets thinner towards the end. This will help sell the effect that they are coming our of my hand but it does make the knuckle tab more fragile. The knuckle tab could be completely removed and the back of the claw can be shaped like the TW-DOFP metallic claws or anywhere in between.

Thank you both. I am glad you like them. Send me a PM if you are interested. I also have a thread in the Project Run forum.

Thanks. The saying 'to each there own' applies here. A lot of people like it and some people don't. The knuckle tab can be customized to your liking. If it is to thick, too long, or too something else then it can be trimmed down to your liking. On my own personal set, which I still have yet to make for myself, I plan on tapering the tab so that it gets thinner towards the end. This will help sell the effect that they are coming our of my hand but it does make the knuckle tab more fragile. The knuckle tab could be completely removed and the back of the claw can be shaped like the TW-DOFP metallic claws or anywhere in between.

cheers :thumbsup what you plan on doing would look heaps better then what was on screen awesome work by the way!!!

Just wanted to show off my new XO claws (some of you already have this 3rd revision). They are more accurate than the 2nd version.

https://k22a9g.bn1302.livefilestore...3uyVhRb90ItOyNC3SWCLRTMVnNzU/small.png?psid=1

Also, my new screen accurate bone claws:

https://pgzyda.bn1302.livefilestore...8zvUIp4_D8STJkhKOhmC1W5-8Qno/Small.png?psid=1

These are the definitive bone claws right here. I woudln't even do another upgrade to them as they are perfect as they are.

Just wanted to show off my new XO claws (some of you already have this 3rd revision). They are more accurate than the 2nd version.

https://k22a9g.bn1302.livefilestore...3uyVhRb90ItOyNC3SWCLRTMVnNzU/small.png?psid=1

Also, my new screen accurate bone claws:

https://pgzyda.bn1302.livefilestore...8zvUIp4_D8STJkhKOhmC1W5-8Qno/Small.png?psid=1

Must. Have. Bone claws..... I still want those very badly but It will have to wait for now.

My X2 suit is going to cost me a lot to do all the re-sizing. Unless anyone want pics of the suit by itself, it look goofy on my being so big. It will be a while until I can get it fitted. But it will be worth it.

Wolverony - you are going to have the most legit X1 next to Huge J.
DAVIDYR1 - I sent you a PM

Last edited by a moderator:
Wolverony? You didn't see Dan at the show? I'd have jumped at the chance to have a chat with him, he was there in X2 and then Cap the next day......

Solider....I suspect Dan (still) owns that "title"....Heh.....He's a little closer than anyone else on this whole thread....With all due respect to Wolverony.....Dan beats that I reckon....

I'd love to be able to get to some of these comic cons.....Shame they don't really do them here in Japan.....Maybe one day.....

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back