Wizards of the Coast AT-AT

redshirt

Sr Member
Looking for cheap way to get a larger AT-AT model to paint & display. Anyone know how good the larger "Wizards of the Coast AT-AT" is? It's around $40 and the promo pics make it look fairly good. How about some real world feedback on this one

Tom

hey there

i picked one up yesterday, doesnt look amazing but then not too bad either. I think the selling point is the size,13" tall . I got it with big plans in mind, the legs need attention in most places but worst are the feet and toes, the piston rod area has a nasty hunk of plastic there which will get dremelled out i think, after all that the front body plate needs recessing a tad, so just some styrene will sort that, the head underside and cannons need re doing too, im also gonna work on the under chassis and see if i can make it a lil more accurate, but as a project on the side i think with time, she'll look very nice, then nail it with a killer repaint and bingo methinks.

Thoroughly discussed here

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...=99389&hl=at-at

I picked up one of these myself, even unmodified it makes a nice impression. Sizeable and reasonably accurate. Ideal for folks who like the AT-AT but not enough to stomach the $1600 or whatever that a Master Replicas costs. :rolleyes

If you do get the "WOTC miniature" try to pick it up for closer to $30, it'll look even better when you get it. ;)

SWminiATATloose.jpg

MR for comparison (via rebelscum)

mr-atatpreview-1.jpg

- k

Okay, I saw an AT-ST in the other threads pictures that seem to be in scale with this. Anyone know who's toy that is and also where I'd get small Star Wars figures and snowspeeder to match? I want to do a diorama.

You might have seen the Code 3 AT-ST, diecast and 12" tall. that makes it too big to be in scale with the "Wizards" AT-AT I think...

20050216_bg.jpg

http://www.code3.net/product/detail.asp?item=15017

Ooops, wait, hold the phone... looks like Wizards of the Coast makes their OWN AT-ST, that probably is what you're referring to. :D

TSR95037-33_360.jpeg

As to a snowspeeder in scale with the Wizards AT-AT, I think they make miniatures of those as well, but I don't know for sure. I'd think one of the old "Micro Machines" size ships would be about in scale (did they make a speeder? :lol )

Anyway no more than an inch or so across, since it has to fit under the foot of the Walker. (actually I see the speeder is about half again the width of the foot, in this sequence at least)

footstep.jpg

BTW there's a debtate in fandom over just how big the walkers are supposed to be.

http://www.theforce.net/swtc/walkers.html

BTW, according to these Star Wars Technical Commentaries, the Wizards AT-AT is too small.

WOTC Miniature [2005]

The Official Site reported [28 July 2005] the forthcoming release of an AT-AT walker in the 34mm miniatures series by Wizards of the Coast. Miniatures in the 34mm have a scale of approximately 1:47.4 (estimated by interpolating the scales of other miniature standards, tabulated on web pages). The true height of an AT-AT walker (in the movies) is approximately 22.5m, which would imply a miniature 18.7" tall. The erroneous height of 15m, published in old roleplaying sources (primarily West End Games') would imply a miniature 12.5" high. The reported height of Wizards' AT-AT toy is 16". This is too small (unless the walker is crouching) but is an improvement on the old WEG figure.

- k

They are part of the Star Wars Collectable Miniture game, so the best place would be places that sell that. Though the AT-ST is part of a random packaging thing, so it might be harder to find.

Yeah, I had bought mine from a Comic and Card Game shop....$50 CDN....for that price, it can't be beat. The only gripe that i have is that the head seems a little too large for the body....otherwise, I like it......until I can hopefully get an ATATRon model... ;)

Well so far on my WOTC, Ive decided the head underside need replacing and scratchbuilding including the cannons, the main body front panel needs recessing and the tail end needs attention, after that the flash mould on the feet needs trimming, and maybe enlarging the feet with styrene strip and milliput, then do the toes and toe cutouts properly. Then maybe do a fair amount of kit bashing and accurizing to the underside, a lot of work but maybe very worthwhile, or do i wing it and crash this puppy and do some serious damage ala ATATron? wat do you guys think

Originally posted by ralphee@Dec 23 2005, 08:32 AM
Well so far on my WOTC, Ive decided the head underside need replacing and scratchbuilding including the cannons, the main body front panel needs recessing and the tail end needs attention, after that the flash mould on the feet needs trimming, and maybe enlarging the feet with styrene strip and milliput, then do the toes and toe cutouts properly. Then maybe do a fair amount of kit bashing and accurizing to the underside, a lot of work but maybe very worthwhile, or do i wing it and crash this puppy and do some serious damage ala ATATron? wat do you guys think
[snapback]1142219[/snapback]​

I was thinking just a coat of paint might be nice. :D

Originally posted by ralphee@Dec 23 2005, 08:32 AM
[snapback]1142219[/snapback]​

Agreed, on the corrections. The underbody walker mechanism doesn't seem to have the gap away from the chassis. Any thoughts as to how to make an accurate piece to replace it?

Tom

hey red

Well i also thought how to do the underchassis, maybe removing them and building them up as tube with ringlets over them, i think the original parts are from a harrier 1/24 engine? faling that couldnt they be removed and recast as halves? then joined and filled, that worries me as ive never done any casting lol, im sure ill figure it when i get round to workin on it, may even cut the top flashing of the leg cams, lol but then a coat of paint sounds so easy lol. Guess i never do anythin the easy way lol.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back