WIP: Nicksdad Dredd helmet

Are the holes just there so that you can hear better? I just wondered cause there isn't any in the actual costume helmet.

noholes2.png

Have that kit, and thanks to Vos have accurate earholes!

Did the 'hero line' with part dremel, part stanley knife - not looking too shabby so far! Now if I could just find somewhere to vacuum metallise the badge :(

in the scene where his mic comes out ,just after he gets off his bike you can see the holes .

Wow, just checked that out and it does. Must have been just for that scene. Probably a special helmet made by their prop departmet because it has the mic in it, and after that scene they switched to the helmet with no holes. Weird. :lol

Have that kit, and thanks to Vos have accurate earholes!

Did the 'hero line' with part dremel, part stanley knife - not looking too shabby so far! Now if I could just find somewhere to vacuum metallise the badge :(

What exactly is the "hero line"? My kit won't arrive until after the holidays and I'd like to get all the things I need to finish it before it arrives. :)

What exactly is the "hero line"? My kit won't arrive until after the holidays and I'd like to get all the things I need to finish it before it arrives. :)

It's the tiny 'trough' just inside the red line 'round the edge of the helmet - you can see it on some of Vos' excellent snaps.

Wow, just checked that out and it does. Must have been just for that scene. Probably a special helmet made by their prop departmet because it has the mic in it, and after that scene they switched to the helmet with no holes. Weird. :lol

The reason that they drilled holes in the helmet is because Stallone couldn't hear very well with the helmet on. I guess after shooting some scenes, they took the helmet and just drilled the holes. The helmet with the holes wasn't made special just for the helmet with the mic.

It's the tiny 'trough' just inside the red line 'round the edge of the helmet - you can see it on some of Vos' excellent snaps.

The hero line also refers to the blue stripe inside the red stripe. Which is not on the regular street judge helmets.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back