Will Acrylics settle properly to fabrics?

ShawDizzle

Hey guys,
When I am airbrushing my Latex suit (Mr Incredible method). Im going to mix acrylic with 25 water and 25 prosaide...I didnt fully latex the arms or legs. Meaning the ends of all of them have no latex. I didnt go that far down since those areas will mostly be covered with armor and so i could move the parts a little better. If I did decide to paint those areas to be uniform will the paint im using to paint the latex be ok to paint the black fabric that is still exposed? Do I need to change the paint mixture? If it is ok do I still coat those area with PermaWet after painting?

hey bro
i think it should settle but the best way is to just try it and see what happens i know it wont settle without prosaide but i dunno about with it

Standard acrylics will most likely run once you get sweat on them. Createx acrylics and fabric paint won't run, but they still need to be heat-set to be permanent. Easiest way I can think of - just mix some latex into your paint, and that way you know it'll stick. HTH.

so even if i paint the fabric a little bit and seal it in Perma wet...it may still run?
I'd say so, unless you seal the fabric before you paint. If you just paint and seal after, the outside will be sealed but the inside won't be. So if you don't wanna mix up your paint, just seal the whole suit and go over those bits with Perma Wet as well, then you can paint and seal those parts again.

I'd say so, unless you seal the fabric before you paint. If you just paint and seal after, the outside will be sealed but the inside won't be. So if you don't wanna mix up your paint, just seal the whole suit and go over those bits with Perma Wet as well, then you can paint and seal those parts again.

So you mean seal the fabric with perma wet? What about if i do coat the fabric that i wanted exposed with lets say one quick layer of latex? that work too right? the suit is at my parents so im there here n there cause i dont live there, i bounce there to visit and work on suit. i cant try it till im there so im getting all the info i can now

So you mean seal the fabric with perma wet? What about if i do coat the fabric that i wanted exposed with lets say one quick layer of latex? that work too right? the suit is at my parents so im there here n there cause i dont live there, i bounce there to visit and work on suit. i cant try it till im there so im getting all the info i can now

Yeah, that should do it too.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back