Why has nobody tackled the Shredder Helmet??

allosaur176

Sr Member
I've been wondering this for awhile, I always wanted a movie version of this helmet, and it seems like a pretty simple task for some of the talented members here to make.... Has anyone here attempted to make this??

i think they're just being nice, since they know my head would explode if one ever came available. i appreciate it, guys.

an even easier prop from the TMNT film would be the casey jones hockey mask. someone made a custom designed mask a while back, but nothing accurate to the first film.

Originally posted by d_osborn@Feb 22 2006, 10:51 PM

an even easier prop from the TMNT film would be the casey jones hockey mask.  someone made a custom designed mask a while back, but nothing accurate to the first film.
[snapback]1191060[/snapback]​

Yes, that I have from design fx, its not bad actually, but I do wish it was more spot on

Originally posted by Durasteel Corporation@Feb 23 2006, 04:49 AM
my apprentice suggested we make this. 

It just seemed like there were so many versions. 

Id love to make one, shoot me an email.
[snapback]1191288[/snapback]​

Your apprentice is a pretty smart fellow... :)

Email sent

I'd most DEFINITELY be interested in a Shred replica. His helmet and mask are my Holy Grail of prop collecting.

By the way, I have LOTS of screen caps of the entire helmet from the first film taken from nearly all angles...Whoever's interested in taking a shot at extreme accuracy on this, let me know. I'll zip and send these pics on over to ya.

Ryan

a BIG regret of mine over the past few years was turning down a set of 300 costuming continuity polaroids from the set of TMNT 1. LOTS of good shots of shred's helmet.

durasteel- unless you count the various toon and comic helmets, there were only two in the films. i'm BIG TIME interested if you were to make a few replicas. ;)

Originally posted by d_osborn@Feb 23 2006, 07:40 PM
a BIG regret of mine over the past few years was turning down a set of 300 costuming continuity polaroids from the set of TMNT 1.  LOTS of good shots of shred's helmet. 

durasteel- unless you count the various toon and comic helmets, there were only two in the films.  i'm BIG TIME interested if you were to make a few replicas. ;)
[snapback]1191815[/snapback]​

Oh dear.... :( I am really sorry you missed out on those.

I wish more TMNT stuff in general would find its way to the hands of people who are willing to share it or put it to good use...

Just to clarify my last post, I'm MOST interested in a TMNT Part 1 replica...Though the second film's helmet is great, too, I'd like to see the original movie version created first...in the same way I'd own a Giger alien design over a Stan Winston alien design. The original just had more of an impact on me.

Ryan

will someone please say what the hell TMNT means before i smash my fist through the screen.

z

ive got a pic at home of some production guy wearin the helmet next to a super shredder costume...ill post it later tonight if i can find it.

Originally posted by Kylash327@Feb 24 2006, 11:47 AM
ive got a pic at home of some production guy wearin the helmet next to a super shredder costume...ill post it later tonight if i can find it.
[snapback]1192373[/snapback]​
:eek

Um...That would be awesome.

Will be waiting intently...

Ryan

DS this should be easy for you guys, and the first TMNT movie version would be the most simple in design, and the coolest looking as well, cant wait to see what you guys come up with.

although a real world metal cartoon version would be even better IMHO.

:D

although a real world metal cartoon version would be even better IMHO.
I'm pretty sure having a hand chopped-off is punishment for saying that in some countries.

My vote also goes for the first-film style helmet/mask combo. Thanks to a killer "walk-around-Shredder" steadicam shot in the film, there shouldn't be ANY problem with decent reference for helmet shape. Here's the lone TMNT 1 Shredder screen-cap on my computer, for those of you curious...

What would be the best way of going about this? Fiberglass or plastic helmet with chain male? All steel helmet? Molded resin/vac. formed plastic or some metal for the "blade" and mask?
shredder0do.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back