Who would you cast as the next Batman?

It's a shame Clint Eastwood isn't 20 years younger to do Dark Knight Returns.

20 years would make Clint 61, his current 81 is just a bit too old...

I'd go with an unknown (A real huge mother, probably have to troll the gyms) that can fill out a comic accurate costume and go for a hardcore comic adaption like Sin City was. Not to say in that style, simply bringing comic to film in accurately.
Nolan's take is great, for a more realistic based in our world Batman. Now I want to see us taken into the comic world. Batman doesn't wear armour much at all, he doesn't need it, he is just that damn good. Characters like Zatanna or Ra's al Ghul can be shown as they are in comics. immortal or even magical.

Think The Animated Series only live action and not stylized in the forties.

You need a very big guy to be Bruce Wayne.

I'd go with an unknown (A real huge mother, probably have to troll the gyms) that can fill out a comic accurate costume and go for a hardcore comic adaption like Sin City was. Not to say in that style, simply bringing comic to film in accurately.
Nolan's take is great, for a more realistic based in our world Batman. Now I want to see us taken into the comic world. Batman doesn't wear armour much at all, he doesn't need it, he is just that damn good. Characters like Zatanna or Ra's al Ghul can be shown as they are in comics. immortal or even magical.

Think The Animated Series only live action and not stylized in the forties.

You need a very big guy to be Bruce Wayne.
I'll disagree. I think first and foremost, you need someone that can act to pull off Batman.

There's too much going on in Batman's head to just have some gymrat portray him... that's why Keaton was able to pull off Bruce/Bats in my eyes and why Bale flopped (I know I'll get some crap about that... but, it's my two cents - and yeah, he didn't do it in American Psycho for me, either).

would be pretty cool if they did an azrael/future batman kinda story, and not the whole how it started all over again. at least it would be adifferent approach to all the stuff that is allready out there (in movies)

I'll disagree. I think first and foremost, you need someone that can act to pull off Batman.

There's too much going on in Batman's head to just have some gymrat portray him... that's why Keaton was able to pull off Bruce/Bats in my eyes and why Bale flopped (I know I'll get some crap about that... but, it's my two cents - and yeah, he didn't do it in American Psycho for me, either).

You could find someone who can act and be a body builder.
You send out talent scouts and find 'em.
I'd be after comic accuracy and Bruce Wayne is huge as Superman in the comics is my point.

That's what I want to see anyways, lifted from the pages to screen.

You could find someone who can act and be a body builder.
You send out talent scouts and find 'em.
I'd be after comic accuracy and Bruce Wayne is huge as Superman in the comics is my point.

That's what I want to see anyways, lifted from the pages to screen.
Yes, I'm sure you can find someone that is a body builder and can act. I think acting should come first and foremost, the way Hollyweird puts these actors through physical training for some movies does amazing things for these actors.

I don't believe Batman is supposed to be quite Superman huge.... but thing's vary from artist to artist. One needs to be a slittle sleek to be winging through town on a batrope.

How about an actor that does Batman, and a separate for Bruce Wayne. If it was done right It could be totally pulled off. Might be interesting

How about an actor that does Batman, and a separate for Bruce Wayne. If it was done right It could be totally pulled off. Might be interesting
i really dont see any point in that, all it would do is create compications. first you have to find someone with similar features, as batman doesnt hides his full face, the mouth region is still visible (unless they go with a full helmet or stuff)
also, movement, acting etc should be on par. why complicate it, and also pay 2 actors, if you can do a probably better job for half the money

I think Mel Gibson would be terrific in an adaptation of the Dark Knight Returns. He's certainly got the growl down, and his hair is greying.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back