Who would you cast as the next Batman?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by CaptainSuperman, Dec 29, 2011.

1. CaptainSuperman

CaptainSuperman Well-Known Member

Now that we are only months away from seeing the last of the Nolan Batman Trilogy, I was curious who you all think should play Batman in the next reboot and who should the villains be (actors and characters)?

2. Jannix Quinn

Jannix Quinn Sr Member

Jon Hamm.

Joker would be Kevin Bacon.

I always wanted to see Ham vs Bacon.

3. Tony

Tony Well-Known Member

Adam West. This time he plays Batman seriously and kills people too. ;-)

4. Cookiee Monsta

Cookiee Monsta Well-Known Member

Clint Eastwood as Batman Vs Bill Nighy as Joker.

benhs1898 likes this.
  5. Alan Castillo

Alan Castillo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Justin Bieber as Robin.

6. Polsnulspace

Polsnulspace Sr Member

This thread has started well I see!:lol

7. Alan Castillo

Alan Castillo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

8. EvilRocketeer

EvilRocketeer Sr Member

even though he is magneto, I thought Michael Fassbender would be a good candidate..

Maybe Sam Worthington, Ryan Gosling, Armie Hammer

Honestly, I think Bale fits batman. He can tweak the voice better, but he is batman to me. Plays Bruce Wayne perfectly.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  9. who45

who45 Well-Known Member

i agree totally, the only batman i liked that came close was keaton - shame we lost batman to the sillyness of joel schumachers vision and 2 terrible batman actors.

10. The BDK

The BDK Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Michael Keaton. Should come back for a adaptation of The Dark Knight Returns.

He'll always be more Batman to me than Bale.

11. Master Dahark

Master Dahark Well-Known Member

'Re: Who would you cast as the next Batman?'

ME

12. rodneyfaile

rodneyfaile Sr Member

I would cast an unknown who could become synonymous with Batman because he had never done anything else previously.

13. IndyBlues

IndyBlues Sr Member

Mel Gibson. He's crazy enough, and he just lost half his * to his wife in their divorce. He could use the money.
    Mike

14. Wakeem

Wakeem Well-Known Member

Bale is good but I wish his Bruce Wayne would lose the humor. Perhaps we'll see that in the last movie.

For the next Batman, I would cast whoever works well with the guy playing the next Superman. Yes, I'm thinking far ahead as I recall Nolan saying that the Superman story was also stand alone. The Avengers will be awesome and it will be time to start thinking about a real Justice League movie.

15. Jeyl

Jeyl Master Member

:ninja

Rooney Mara. Yes. Rooney Mara as Batman, not Batgirl or Batwoman. Batman. It's an alternate identity, so why can't her secret identity be different gender if she won't talk that much? If Batman can have tiny radar lenses that fit in his helmet and move on their own, I wouldn't care if she used a voice changer. That's my choice and I'm sticking to it.

:p

16. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

gerard butler

17. Robert412

Robert412 Well-Known Member

Shia lebouff...

JK

18. YenChih Lin

YenChih Lin Sr Member

You think we don't get that joke, huh?! :behave:lol:darnkids

19. Simpson77

Simpson77 Well-Known Member

I actually think Ray Stevenson form Punisher War Zone. I think he would be perfect for a more gritty and dark Batman, for instance if they did a movie versoin of Arkham City.

20. GiovanniDekkers

GiovanniDekkers Active Member

I think they should do a more batlike batman(with a real batlike face more scarry), mmmm Sam worthington comes to mind, a more raw down to earth Batman, a totally new suit, reintventing it like they did with Batman Begins, but this time back to the Mystical idea...not the realism, like we've seen in "Bail's Saga", we've seen how close Batman could come to a real thing , beautifully created/come to live by Nolan....No it's time to go back to the Comicbook style Batman, maybe "Frank Miller" should be the next director or Tarantino, Rodriguez...

Creating a new type of batman, but with still the comic feel to it, like we missed with Nolan.

Villains would be...

-a very poetical Joker character like ....a British actor like Steve Cougan, or others like Doug Jones, or Steve Buscemi as a very Psycotic, mean, serious Joker

other villains I would like to see come to life, The Mad Hatter, Penguin, maybe King Tut or even the bookworm, Manbat, Clayface or The riddler (a better one than Carrey, he overdid his version way to much)

To put in other words, a very dark Batman but with still the old Bob Kane feel to it.....or maybe some Alan Moore ideas.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  21. Organic Mechanic

Organic Mechanic Sr Member

I think 8 Batman movies is probably enough, so I'll say 'Nobody'.

22. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

its enough, yes :D

but that wont stop hollywood!

23. Harry Fabian

Harry Fabian New Member

I'd love to see Crispin Glover as the Joker.

24. GiovanniDekkers

GiovanniDekkers Active Member

He'd make a great Batman, he has some similarities with the first Batman, a 30's or 40's batman version would be awesome, back to the roots....not being about the gadgets or the car.

But I would rather see a Hawkman movie or Aquaman....

[​IMG]

Would love to see this guy come to life :cool

But I'm going off-topic, batman needs a break I guess....let him return in 2020 or something.

25. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

26. Hovito loincloth

Hovito loincloth Well-Known Member

15 years ago I'd would have gone with Bruce Campbell.
    [​IMG]

or maybe still if they do Dark Knight returns.

27. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Sr Member

I think Ray Stevenson would be good for a Dark Knight Returns. But I doubt that movie would ever be made.

28. JBLAKE

JBLAKE Well-Known Member

LOL THAT WAS HYSTERICAL :lol

29. CaptainSuperman

CaptainSuperman Well-Known Member

I actually thought that Clint Eastwood would be great as the old Bruce Wayne in a live action batman beyond. Well he was my second pick actually but Charlton Heston died before they made this movie for me.

I also thought a younger Justin Long would have played a good Terry McGinnis... but with my luck they will end up making this movie and casting Shia LaBeouf as Terry and Eddie Murphy as the old Bruce Wayne and Ben Stiller as Spellbinder.

30. Infamous Lunchbox

Infamous Lunchbox New Member

Nail on the freaking head.

31. Robert412

Robert412 Well-Known Member

I would like to see some kind of double joker activity with glover and Adrian Brody. I don't know how it would work, but I think it'd be interesting.

32. Stansfield

Stansfield Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

33. Leon Kowalski

Leon Kowalski New Member

definitely Seth Rogan al la Green Hornet, if I were wanting to throw up in my mouth more than a little ...

34. DoubleD

DoubleD Sr Member

I thought the guy who played Sam in Tron Legacy could pull off being a young Batman.

35. JD

JD Master Member

Armie Hammer as Bats.

Olivia Wilde as Selina 'Catwoman' Kyle.

I'd like to see what Johnny Depp or even Brad Pitt could do as the Joker. Pitt did a great job as a crazed manic type in 12 Monkeys.

36. rodneyfaile

rodneyfaile Sr Member

Will we all live long enough to see Beiber and Robert Pattinson in a Batman movie? Its what the young people will want.

37. rodneyfaile

rodneyfaile Sr Member

38. SSgt Burton

SSgt Burton Sr Member

I could totally see Brody as The Joker. :thumbsup

Kevin

39. the_batdemon

the_batdemon Sr Member

Brody and Glover were two of the fan favorites for the role before Leger was cast, so I can see it, too.

Buscemi looked the part in that SNL skit.

40. superDrool

superDrool Sr Member

That SNL skit...I about had an anuerism I laughed so hard. Armie Hammer and Olivia Wild have my approval. ;)

41. benhs1898

benhs1898 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I can't think of anyone for bat.

Crispin Glover would be good but only in an expressionistic batman movie where his screaming would make sense. I am imagining his scene in Willard when he's screaming in the funeral home.

42. mbmcfarland

mbmcfarland Sr Member

If there's a reboot anytime soon, I'd expect them to cast a younger guy like Colin Egglesfield or Josh Duhamel.

43. tain669

tain669 Sr Member

Brad Pitt.. He has that Bruce Wayne pout down pat:cry

44. SonofJorEl

SonofJorEl Well-Known Member

An unknown......

45. Madmartigan

Madmartigan Active Member

A buff Armie Hammer as a younger Batman would be awesome. Given that Marvel has got it right with casting guys who actually pull off heroic stature (e.g. Hemsworth and Evans), it would be cool to see DC follow suit.

The guy is 6'5"! THAT would be an imposing Bat!

46. Goonie

Goonie Sr Member

Val Kilmer as Penguin...

47. jfagaly25

jfagaly25 New Member

Honestly this is a tough one even if the actor in the past didn't have a physical match there was always a little something that seem to scream Batman Chrisitian Bail works because quite frankly he looks smart brooding. that is Batman there are a few people I would cast based on height acting and looks here are a few

here we go
    1st up is

[​IMG] Ethan Peck when I saw him I thought young Bruce Wanye not convinced yet but once he gets older it may work. He is the grandson of Gregory Peck.
    next up
    [​IMG] this is Jason Behn

next[​IMG]
    Ian Harding 3rd choice
    remeber this is looks and some acting hopefully in like 4 to five years they will be really great actors.

fourth up
    [​IMG]
    Michael Fassbender I know he was Magneto but he was great at playing a tortured guy he might make a good Bruce Wayne/Batman
    well this is the best I got.

48. terryr

terryr Sr Member

Villains?

Egghead and King Tut!!

Baaatman. Baaaaaatman.

49. DocTony

DocTony Well-Known Member

As a villian I would love to see Anthony Hopkins as the Ventriloquist/Scarface, seen it before and he nailed it :)

50. Lost21stJedi

Lost21stJedi Well-Known Member

I know he gave it up but I would love to see Mark Hamill as the Joker... he voiced it so well in the cartoons and games