Who would you cast as the next Batman?

I can't think of anyone for bat.

Crispin Glover would be good but only in an expressionistic batman movie where his screaming would make sense. I am imagining his scene in Willard when he's screaming in the funeral home.

A buff Armie Hammer as a younger Batman would be awesome. Given that Marvel has got it right with casting guys who actually pull off heroic stature (e.g. Hemsworth and Evans), it would be cool to see DC follow suit.

The guy is 6'5"! THAT would be an imposing Bat!

Honestly this is a tough one even if the actor in the past didn't have a physical match there was always a little something that seem to scream Batman Chrisitian Bail works because quite frankly he looks smart brooding. that is Batman there are a few people I would cast based on height acting and looks here are a few

here we go
1st up is

peck.jpg
Ethan Peck when I saw him I thought young Bruce Wanye not convinced yet but once he gets older it may work. He is the grandson of Gregory Peck.
next up
jason-behr.jpg
this is Jason Behn

next
ihianhardingdamanmag012.jpg

Ian Harding 3rd choice
remeber this is looks and some acting hopefully in like 4 to five years they will be really great actors.

fourth up
header_157480.jpg

Michael Fassbender I know he was Magneto but he was great at playing a tortured guy he might make a good Bruce Wayne/Batman
well this is the best I got.

I think it is time to see them remake the old Adam West batman series - here is my cast:

Will Arnett - Batman/Bruce Wayne
Kevin McHale - Robin
Hugh Laurie - Alfred
Tina Fey - Catwoman
Jim Parsons - Riddler
Rob Lowe - Joker
Patton Oswald - Penguin
Stephen Fry - Com. Gordon

Did I miss a movie somewhere? What 8 movies are there. We had two Keatons, One Kimmer, one Clooney, and two Bale's. Plus his next one would be 7 movies total. What is the 8th one?

I think it is time to see them remake the old Adam West batman series - here is my cast:

Will Arnett - Batman/Bruce Wayne
Kevin McHale - Robin
Hugh Laurie - Alfred
Tina Fey - Catwoman
Jim Parsons - Riddler
Rob Lowe - Joker
Patton Oswald - Penguin
Stephen Fry - Com. Gordon

If they went with a reboot of the old show, and staying true to that format.....your casting is perfect. Except maybe Tina Fey...I like her and and all, but not quite sure I'd be feeling that one. Catwoman was always sexy in the show, and I don't think I could take her seriously as that. But, Will Arnett is hitting the nail on the head. Holy cow would I watch that.

If they went with a reboot of the old show, and staying true to that format.....your casting is perfect. Except maybe Tina Fey...I like her and and all, but not quite sure I'd be feeling that one. Catwoman was always sexy in the show, and I don't think I could take her seriously as that. But, Will Arnett is hitting the nail on the head. Holy cow would I watch that.

I was thinking Tina could pull off Miss Kitka (Lee Meriwether)

But I suppose you could go with a Rosie Perez to replace Eartha Kitt (lol)

Last edited:
I'd like an unknown for Batman. I am a huge fan of Christian Bale since American Psycho, was glad to see his deserved rise in fame. For the Joker I would like to see the guy that plays Reid in criminal minds.
Reid-criminal-minds-5987214-631-975_max600.jpg

He has the look and quirkiness and comes off with that psychotic but intelligent edge naturally. I could honestly see Bradley Cooper getting the next run as Batman.

First off I don't wanna see another "Batman begins" PLEASE we've had enough of seeing how he started,if they do that I will scream...

Now,how about a somewhat older Batman? not the grumpy old man but say...oh,middle 30's or early 40's? someone who's been out on the street for fifteen or twenty years and is a little bit hard edged.
I think for bad guys we should set aside (for now) the more well known ones since they've all had time on screen and go with...well this may sound odd but do something original and maybe set him up against a serial killer for the first of the new films,maybe make him (or her) a protégé of The Joker or such.

As for Bats...I dunno,Josh Bolin maybe? he's got the square jawed look down.
Someone mentioned Kevin Bacon earlier and..well I could see him in a Batman film but you might be shocked who I could see him as:Gordon! yep I think he'd make a neat Commissioner.

Beyond that....dunno.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back