Interest Who Framed Roger Rabbit Dum-Dum Gun & Bullets $200/Set - On Hand & Shipping Now!

I believe I'm ready to call this one done. Finished up the box this afternoon, like I mentioned, it is rather straight forward for the most part, but a lot of time involved.

I'm happy with how the top turned out, though if I had it to do over again, would make the letters slightly wider. The original wasn't engraved, but I prefer the added depth.
What I expected to be the easiest, the plaque from Yosemite, turned out to give me the most trouble. Tried painting the plaque after engraving, but couldn't get a smooth finish and keep the letters black. Finally applied Rub N Buff to a stock piece, then engraved afterwards.
Cut the insert from insulation foam using a hot wire cutter, then covered in dark red velvet (the lid compartment is the same color, the light is giving it a different shade in the pic).
Got some shellac flakes and alcohol and mixed my own, color turned out to be just right IMO, even though the shellac wasn't even intended for this project. Also learned how to french polish shellac, which is what I did on the top.
Got all the wood at Lowes and ordered all the hardware & star from Amazon.

IMG_2661 %5b%5d.JPGIMG_2665 %5b%5d.JPG

So with that said, if Mark offers the box, GET IT!!!

hi Luke0312,

your wood case looks very good, well done buddy :thumbsup

I believe I'm ready to call this one done. Finished up the box this afternoon, like I mentioned, it is rather straight forward for the most part, but a lot of time involved.

I'm happy with how the top turned out, though if I had it to do over again, would make the letters slightly wider. The original wasn't engraved, but I prefer the added depth.
What I expected to be the easiest, the plaque from Yosemite, turned out to give me the most trouble. Tried painting the plaque after engraving, but couldn't get a smooth finish and keep the letters black. Finally applied Rub N Buff to a stock piece, then engraved afterwards.
Cut the insert from insulation foam using a hot wire cutter, then covered in dark red velvet (the lid compartment is the same color, the light is giving it a different shade in the pic).
Got some shellac flakes and alcohol and mixed my own, color turned out to be just right IMO, even though the shellac wasn't even intended for this project. Also learned how to french polish shellac, which is what I did on the top.
Got all the wood at Lowes and ordered all the hardware & star from Amazon.

View attachment 803741View attachment 803742

So with that said, if Mark offers the box, GET IT!!!

hi raven 415,

I have not sold enough gun sets to produce the wooden box, I'm in the same boat as Sarednab, alot of people expressed interest in the set but we don't hear from them anymore when the props are done :(

Ok. So now when can I buy the wooden box from you? lol

Hi Mark,
Can I still order a gun plus painted bullets from you?
Does it include the stand on the photos? Shipping to The Netherlands
is also 200 plus 25? Thank you. Love your work.

hi Moviefreak,

I guess you’re right, I’ve lost big time on this project & I’m quite done making new props here as those who expressed interest have either backed out when it’s time to collect payment or simply “vanished” & does not have the basic courtesy to even respond to my PMs. Unlike other sellers, I don’t collect deposits so when you say you’re in, I expect you to follow through on your commitment...

Are you still sitting on a bunch of these since so many people who expressed interest, disappeared?

Last edited:
Sad but true... Sorry to hear that.

Maybe you should start to collect desposits for your stuff... Always loved your stuff and I was never disappointed...

hi Moviefreak,

I guess you’re right, I’ve lost big time on this project & I’m quite done making new props here as those who expressed interest have either backed out when it’s time to collect payment or simply “vanished” & does not have the basic courtesy to even respond to my PMs. Unlike other sellers, I don’t collect deposits so when you say you’re in, I expect you to follow through on your commitment...
That is a shame. And now you are stepping away from doing runs because of it. Any luck selling the overstock on ebay?

hi Moviefreak,

Not much luck selling them on eBay as I did the run for the folks here :(

Dang! I might be selling a prop off soon (deciding on selling or just trading it off) and if I do sell it, I might hit you up to buy a few as gifts for the holidays. I will keep you posted if I sell it instead of trading it off.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back