Who Framed Roger Rabbit 2- Its coming!

Maybe a whole new Roger Rabbit movie would be better then a sequal. What I would love to see are more Roger Rabbit & Baby Herman short films!

I still have my Roger Rabbit toy collection from the 80's in a box somewhere!! :lol

When Disney dumped off cels in a Sotheby's auction, it revealed one or two things that had been animated but later removed.

One comes to mind: When Herman tells the gal to go buy him a racing form, he puts the money in her cleavage. As released, the shot is replaced with a closeup of Eddie.

There are also a couple of places where you can tell ADR has cleaned up some dialogue. "Brass" instead of "balls", and "schtick" instead of another S word.

So the Rocketeer isn't the only film from that era that Disney toned down.

Ummmm...she's a friggin' cartoon and you guys care about seeing it naked? It's not real.

REALLY?

sideshow_darth_talon_pf_5.jpg

/thread

funny, I just watched that movie for the first time in forever last week. Such a good movie, but wow has the animation aged...

I was thinking the same thing, how cool it would be to see a modern tech sequel to this.

How has the animation aged?
It was done by hand, by the best in the business.

It isn't CG 3D, is that it?

From Wikipedia:

With the film's Laserdisc release, Variety first reported in March 1994 that observers uncovered several scenes of subliminal antics from the animators that featured brief nudity of the Jessica Rabbit character. While undetectable when played at the usual rate of 24 frames per second, the Laserdisc player allowed the viewer to advance frame-by-frame to uncover these visuals

The frame was a painting error, not an animation "nude scene". I've seen the couple of frames in question - the outline of her panties is there, so she's not nude. The ink & paint dept. didn't color the panties in those couple of frames, but left them the same color flesh as her legs. So the brief "flash" LOOKS like she's bottomless, but sh'es not. No female "anatomy" is visible in any way.

HOWEVER, there IS actually a brief glimpse of a Playboy centerfold topless in The Rescuers. Check Snope if you're curious.

As a premise for the movie, it would be AWESOME if Toontown is in trouble since everything is switching to CGI and no longer traditional cell animation!

- Jeff

Who Framed Roger Rabbit...why I think it needs a sequel.

I just watched this with my boys today and actually got something fromit I never did before. When Toon Town was in danger my 3 year old son was VERY concerned about Mickey, and Bugs Bunny and Tweety,etc etc. I always saw them as just flavour to film but my son was very concerned about the fate of all of these characters he loves!

The thread about what movies needs sequels got me thinking about this movie. What a treat it was and still is to see WB and Disney characters all getting along (or NOT getting along) in one film. A clever movie...

A sequel could do something further and show a lot of respect to classic animation..which is all but dead. Of course it would have to take place in out time so Eddy would be long gone...or VERY old, but all the Toons could be the same of course. They could all be out of work and basically doing whatever odd jobs they could to get by..because the work is now all done by CG Toons.

The characters from Toy Story,Shrek, Kung Fu Panda, Despicable Me, Monsters Inc, The INcredibles, etc etc etc etc could all be seen again as wellas newer classic animated charaters that didn't work enough in the classic animation realm.

It would be interesting to at least pay tribute to classic animation by showing how CG animation has taken over. WHo knows..it could even inspire some new classic animation.

Of course in keeping with the Who Framed Roger Rabbit theme there would have to be a murder...maybe a computer virus that's taking out CG toons.

Just my thoughts today...

Re: Who Framed Roger Rabbit...why I think it needs a sequel.

Excellent idea!!

Not only is full cell animation film is becoming a lost art, but the process of the art is being lost as well!

ooooooh, great idea about the computer virus. I never understood how the all the Toon's started. Was the character drawn by the humans with the help of some magical ink or have they always existed beside humans in that universe?

Judge Doom scared the crap out of me when I was younger. Somehow, I feel like if a sequel was made, the main villain would be no where near as menacing and freaky as he was... :cry

Maybe to still get work Toons are converted to CGI, but there is something sinister going on behind the scenes ...

sadly i cant see this happening, as wb and disney would never share a character nowadays

Can't agree more. Not to mention all that would be involved in incorporating various CG characters from different studios.

I think the fact that CGI would be involved would put off a lot of fans of animation.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back