Who Framed Roger Rabbit 2- Its coming!

the_eli

But not til 2012. :cry

According to sources, the storyline is supposed to be completely well written and not just your cheesy 'hey lets make some cash and make a sequel' adventure, Roger Rabbit 2 is good to go. Now, if I can just get on that project too, I will be happy! (y)thumbsup:thumbsup

A little too late in my opinion.
But if they are going to do it hey should wait one more year and have it be a 25th anniversary sequel.

It's so funny how many years apart sequels are going now. I never would have expected a Roger Rabbit 2. Great film, but I don't see it being a sequel. Frame him again?

It's so funny how many years apart sequels are going now. I never would have expected a Roger Rabbit 2. Great film, but I don't see it being a sequel. Frame him again?

You mean you haven't heard of the upcoming sequal to - The Horse In Motion (1878)???

For those who don't get it, this was the first moving picture ever made:

Muybridge_race_horse_animated.gif

I swear to pete there was one of those "animator's in-jokes" where her dress slips to the side, revealing she was a true red-head. I think I saw the frame n Playboy years ago...

From Wikipedia:

With the film's Laserdisc release, Variety first reported in March 1994 that observers uncovered several scenes of subliminal antics from the animators that featured brief nudity of the Jessica Rabbit character. While undetectable when played at the usual rate of 24 frames per second, the Laserdisc player allowed the viewer to advance frame-by-frame to uncover these visuals

I wonder if they will be bring back the Looney Toons characters and who will follow in the late, great Mel Blanc's footsteps to voice said characters!?

After seeing some brand new cartoons like SpongeBob and Family Guy that use computer animation that looks just like hand-drawn cell animation I was thinking the other day that it's too bad Roger Rabbit wasn't a new movie.

Same story, characters, look, voices- everything- except the animation was computer made to look like traditional.

As much as I love WFRR the traditional stage effects and animation did show some of the limitations of the times the movie was made.

I swear to pete there was one of those "animator's in-jokes" where her dress slips to the side, revealing she was a true red-head. I think I saw the frame n Playboy years ago...
As did I, and one of the reasons I bought the Laserdisc; not to mention they altered Baby Herman's scene of walking under the lady on set as well for the DVD release. It ain't actual Disney, leave it alone :rolleyes

They did?
Yup, pulled this from a board on the subject:

Cuts
R1 - ?m ?s - Two scenes have been altered slightly:

- The scene where Baby Herman dips down below a woman's skirt while raising his hand and pointing his finger at the woman's privates is changed so that he only raises his hand
- The infamous scene where Jessica rabbit and Eddie are thrown out of the cab has been altered. Jessica's red gown has been extended to cover her crotch

Also, the Rewind user Ace_of_Sevens has pointed out, that there are few other altered scenes:
-Originally, in the part in the restroom, there was a phone number next to Alyson Wonderland's name. In this version, it has been altered (the graffiti is in there now).
-The original film had a scene of Betty Boop where her dress was drawn too low in the front making her look topless (some frames). The scene is edited on this release.
R1 - ?m ?s - Two scenes have been altered slightly:

- The scene where Baby Herman dips down below a woman's skirt while raising his hand is changed so that he doesn't raise his hand
- The infamous scene where Jessica rabbit and Eddie are thrown out of the cab has been altered. Jessica now has white panties on

Also, the Rewind user Ace_of_Sevens has pointed out, that there are few other altered scenes:
-Originally, in the part in the restroom, there was a phone number next to Alyson Wonderland's name. In this version, it has been altered (the graffiti is in there now).
-The original film had a scene of Betty Boop where her dress was drawn too low in the front making her look topless (some frames). The scene is edited on this release.

R2 - ?m ?s - Two scenes have been altered slightly:

- The scene where Baby Herman dips down below a woman's skirt while raising his hand and pointing his finger at the woman's privates is changed so that he only raises his hand
- The infamous scene where Jessica rabbit and Eddie are thrown out of the cab has been altered. Jessica's red gown has been extended to cover her crotch

R2 - ?m ?s - Two scenes have been altered slightly:

No evidence of the Boop slip nor the phone number has ever surfaced. Urban legends.

The Herman thing...oh, yeah, it's there!

Jessica flying out of the car--for three frames her skirt blew up, and the shadow matte has a dark area where her crotch would be, but there is no detail there--someone apparently thought the matte would come out darker than it did, so she's like a Barbie doll. That IMO is not something slipped in intentionally, just a production error.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back