Doctor Who Phase 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaitea

Master Member
Well after the backlash of the Davros 'Children In Need' episode, (in which Davros is now a 'legged' character, because the returning show runner Russell T Davis & crew think that Davros as a half Dalek creature somehow vilifies wheelchair users,) the show has rebooted as Season 1 of it's third phase.

The first Episode, which aired on the BBC last night was very good, the Doctor has regenerated with an old face, the face of The 10th Doctor (David Tennent), there was a definite return to the energy of RTD's Phase 2 reboot, there was anxiety on social media on how the show would be handling Doctor Who's first Trans character, but I liked the way they did it, not ignoring it

Love the new TARDIS interior, it looks gorgeous, going back to a sort of Classic Who style

Can't wait for next week

J

I really wanted more Doctor Donna. I liked that back then and was hoping they'd stretch that aspect through all 3 episodes. Still very good, though.

And yeah, i flipped over the new tardis interior. Gorgeous. Loved Tennant sprinting around it as well. It's almost as if it was his first peak at it. Even though i do not like coffee (incredible smell, god awful taste), i loved the coffee maker, too :) Nice to see that Disney money put to good use.

I really wanted more Doctor Donna. I liked that back then and was hoping they'd stretch that aspect through all 3 episodes. Still very good, though.

And yeah, i flipped over the new tardis interior. Gorgeous. Loved Tennant sprinting around it as well. It's almost as if it was his first peak at it. Even though i do not like coffee (incredible smell, god awful taste), i loved the coffee maker, too :) Nice to see that Disney money put to good use.
Agreed. I had to stop myself from drooling over those new controls. Somehow, the almost steampunk-style controls actually works quite well with the overall cleanliness of the rest of the console room. I'm a little disappointed the time rotor appears to be fixed in place, but I'm glad the lights in it appear to move in the standard way at least.

Looks like the Tardis set was built maybe 1/2 or 3/4. Quite surprised that the Meep was almost entirely as it appears in the beginning, an on set animatronic suit

there was anxiety on social media on how the show would be handling Doctor Who's first Trans character,

I think they handled it about as well as they could have, but I could have done without the condescending "too bad you're not a woman any more/male-presenting Time Lord will never understand" business. They can **** right off with that ****.

I'm really ticked off that the only way you can watch the new Doctor Who in America is on Disney+. I've watched it on BBC America since 2005 and now all the 2005 thru 2022 is on HBO/MAX and the new stuff on Disney. If you want to watch Classic Who you need to have Brit Box. This is totally nuts.

I'm really ticked off that the only way you can watch the new Doctor Who in America is on Disney+. I've watched it on BBC America since 2005 and now all the 2005 thru 2022 is on HBO/MAX and the new stuff on Disney. If you want to watch Classic Who you need to have Brit Box. This is totally nuts.

They've put classic DW on Tubi for free. Over 600 episodes.

What an absolute piece of woke garbage. Undoing some of the best plot points of this series to cram "the message" down your throat. Not to mention male bashing one of the best doctors ever.... Absolute trash.
It had to be you! :lol:

Not really sure what you expected from RTD, probably the most 'woke' writer in TV history. 'The Doctor owns the libs' perhaps? For the most part I thought the trans storyline fitted in well with the resolution of the Doctor/Donna storyline. The male bashing stuff was a big eye roller, though.

You know, I have to admit…

I have never actually watched Dr. Who.

From all the “broken dreams and no ice creams” that I am hearing about, it sounds like a franchise I don’t want to take a dip in.

You know, I have to admit…

I have never actually watched Dr. Who.

From all the “broken dreams and no ice creams” that I am hearing about, it sounds like a franchise I don’t want to take a dip in.

9 through 11 are really solid, got me through the Trek drought. 12 has some good parts but started to go off the rails. I bailed early into 13. Watching 14 felt like 10 again, and I'm hopeful for 15.

9 through 11 are really solid, got me through the Trek drought. 12 has some good parts but started to go off the rails. I bailed early into 13. Watching 14 felt like 10 again, and I'm hopeful for 15.

Yeah I definitely don’t have time to dive into any franchise with that many seasons…especially if has become a crushing disappointment.

I’ll just stay out of the Dr. Who experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back