Who are you!? I'm StarLord man!! WHO? Costume and props W.I.P! Final Jacket MODS

Re: Who are you!? I'm StarLord man!! WHO? Costume and props W.I.P!

I'm working on my own infinity orb. We seem to have a similar method. Good to see I'm on the right track for my first real major project.

Guys those motorcycle pants look great. May I know who made them?

Hey i found this red neon electroluminescent wire on amazon here :
http://www.amazon.com/Lycheers-Neon..._sim_hg_9?ie=UTF8&refRID=1WCG7NGK92TW6RAG9B5Y

At same price as the led ring but seem a bit more "clean" to me. Anyway i think it's bigger than the led one so depends on the space you have in your helmet.. ( depends also on the light intensity of this two devices)

41WPJ03SikL.jpg

The 7 foot LED strand from RTGS is perfect. You probably only need about 6 LEDs per eye which means some will need to be removed from this strand. Plus at $6.25 per strand that is not too bad. I am going to do a switch somewhere on the outside of the helmet so all I have to do is tap a piece and the lights will go on / off. Just need to figure out how to do it!!!

Capn_Jack, when you modify your blasters will you be making it thinner? i noticed the movie prop seems thinner then the nerf gun. Im thinking i may trim and slim mine.

Hey i found this red neon electroluminescent wire on amazon here :
http://www.amazon.com/Lycheers-Neon..._sim_hg_9?ie=UTF8&refRID=1WCG7NGK92TW6RAG9B5Y

At same price as the led ring but seem a bit more "clean" to me. Anyway i think it's bigger than the led one so depends on the space you have in your helmet.. ( depends also on the light intensity of this two devices)

View attachment 363711

EL wire isn't as bright as LEDs. It looks great in the dark, but the glow isn't usually very visible indoors or during the day. It was my first thought too, but that was the first thing I learned when I started researching it.

Well just returned from Tandy Leather and purchased all the Drings, rivets, and stuff for both the bag strap and boots!! $90+ for just the metal!!! Man I'm sure glad I have a lot of leather leftover!!

Capt, I hear you. I was Tandy leather yesterday after I saw the movie again. Not cheap

Well just finished drawing up my second Orb Infinity Stone! I conclude from all my HI RES images that you will only be able to draw about 65% of the design on your Styrofoam ball. The other 35% will need to be an "artists concept!" Now to burn baby burn (or should I say melt! But this version will be cut in half and contain a purple stone.........!! Now where is that leather burner thingie!!!?

My images used!
53e3c853b0ad6.jpgdetail.jpggotg-guardians-props.jpg9406927553_74edbfb949_o.jpgm68q.jpgguardiansofthegalaxy53486f698e3d1.jpg

Comic Con images give you about a 15-20 degree rotation from the side boot image to front boot image; Marvel prop pic gives us another angle but you can still see the pattern starting from the "G".

This is what I am going to try and achieve! First image was just released and the second one was apparently a gift to the director!
Guardians_Of_The_Galaxy_NOM0910_comp_v037.1043.jpgjames-gunn-birthday-104371.jpg

Cool idea on the stone inside and thanks for posting the inside of the orb pics.

Got me to thinking about the orbs they are carrying at the end of the movie and the troll doll. Now to find pics/recall what those looked like. They didn't have as complex a pattern and recall they may have had a glowing ring aspect to them.

Cool idea on the stone inside and thanks for posting the inside of the orb pics.

Got me to thinking about the orbs they are carrying at the end of the movie and the troll doll. Now to find pics/recall what those looked like. They didn't have as complex a pattern and recall they may have had a glowing ring aspect to them.

Marvel has posted an absolute ton of hi res stills recently, and at least one of them had a picture of the other containers. I'm not sure what else is out there yet, but here's that one.

FBC1203_comp_v080.1062.jpg

Well this weekend has been a complete BUST! Did not know that liquid gold leaf eats right through Stryafoam!!! Luckily the damage is recoverable on my second orb infinity stone but now I will have to sculpt the inside piece with Sculpy clay!

Speaking of sculpting my Starlord belt buckle was also a complete bust! I was using sculpting clay this time (type that needs to stay dry) especially since I had purchased a box of it over two years ago! Surprisingly it was still moist (albeit a bit moldy)! Still scuplting was going great until it came to the details. Small pieces dried out too fast! Scrapped the entire project and now will using Sculpy clay which I always have used!

Still waiting on pants, bucket and jacket from FJacket! They claim 10 days delivery but it has already been 11 days AND no one in there so called "Chicago" office responds!! Hopefully when the presents start rolling in I will have a better week!!!

Well this was a great week! StarLord items have been finally arriving! Pants received! Signature mailer for bucket! Picking it up tomorrow! Finally got a tracking number for my FJacket which was shipped from Pakistan to United Arab Emirates to Saudi Arabia and Cincinnati, OH where it was processed and now shipped to Long Beach, CA! Oh yeah my sling bag buckles should be arriving soon as well!

Now to start work!!!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back