Where's all the BSG Costuming discussion going on these days?

KitSmasher

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I see some place called The Colonial Fleet that seems to be sort of a 501st kind of thing. Any good?

I'm joining this party a couple years late, it seems. :lol

I know a few people here, myself and my boyfriend included, who have made the flight suits.

there is still a bunch of information on TCF if the registration is still open, I recommend there. A bunch of us posted measurements of screen used stuff we got from propworx too so you can make accurate costumes.

New BSG.

I'd love to check out TCF but I guess you have to be sponsored by two active members to register for their forums and I don't know anyone that is over there. :lol:cry

TCF was a total PitA to get into but at one point it was absolutely THE place to go to for BSG. If I am not mistaken the owners shut it down a couple of times and I haven't been there in forever. If I am still a member, I will vouch for you.

New BSG.

I'd love to check out TCF but I guess you have to be sponsored by two active members to register for their forums and I don't know anyone that is over there. :lol:cry
Stormleader,
I'm a TCF member and willing to vouch for you, too. LMK if you need my help.
Thom (aka Teepee on TCF)

I found the same lack of recent activity in BSG costuming last month when I made a set of green BDUs for this year's DragonCon.

Thanks, guys. I might take you up on that. I just applied over there.

I've been scouring the RPF and ASAP, both are great sources for info but there's just no active discussion. The hardest part is getting the found parts together, as its been a few years and things just aren't made anymore. I imagine interest will flare up again once Blood and Chrome airs, like epilepticsquirl said. :thumbsup

There are a ton of us who still do the costumes, its just seems like the discussions seem to hav died a bit. These are from SDCC my wife (Starbuck) and me (Chief) had a blast at the Anovos shoot!

284526_10150320807285027_501600026_9798539_1314198_n.jpg

223121_10150331885720027_501600026_9921235_4219570_n.jpg

Last edited:
It sucks that overall interest in BSG costumes has died down so much. It really was the best Sci-Fi channel production ever, and the costumes were awesome! You can't even get the flightsuits from Costumebay to modify anymore. They have them listed on ebay, but if you try to buy one, they will refund your money saying it's out of stock. Does anyone have a new source for a base flightsuit to build off of?

Most of the Flightsuits I have seen have been the real sommers material that is $$$ becuase you have to order like 300 yrds of it. The flightsuit in my picture above is the real material, but most of them are being scratch made now.

Hmmm, I wonder what they are going to use for the new Blood and Chrome flightsuits??? I mean they obviously auctioned off all of the Series props, so they would have to start from scratch again. That and they will obviously have a different style as they are supposed to be earlier models like the ones in Razor. Maybe we should start looking forward rather than backwards.

I would say they will build them to look similar but like you said a pre version of the viper suits seen BSG. Sommers still sells the material so maybe they will use that but make the flightsuit a little different.

They started filming in Feb. So we should start scouring the net for spy shots of costumes to see what they are going to look like.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back