Where's all the BSG Costuming discussion going on these days?

That seems to be the going rate. I don't plan on commissioning one- making things is not a problem, it's materials and parts at this point. :confused

I signed up for TCF two days ago but I haven't even recieved a confirmation email. I see people are posting over there- is it closed to new members?

In other news, I recieved a Viper Pilot care package from my good friend Mara Jade's Father this week:

IMG_20110810_125550.jpg

Thanks, MJF! I have almost all the doohickeys, now. I'm still looking for that damn USB hub. :lol

The one thing that truly frustrates me is the fact that through several minor issues caused by what I can only call youthful indiscretions, I'm now locked out of what's really the only source for BSG props and costumes online. I'd love to be able to participate and offer some of the information I've collected, but unfortunately I can't.

So does anyone know of somewhere else that's got a decent bit of the info? I know of SFH, but half the costuming information is behind a wall, and the other half started there and seems to have transitioned over to TCF as people got in.

Well I don't know what the story is over at TCF, but I do know that we are a pretty tight knit community. So it's likely that the same people who are members there, are likely members here and on SciFiHero as well. So even though we can't get access to TCF, the info does find it's way on to other forums. We have a great wealth of information on this site as well as SciFIHero, and I can't imagine at this point that they would have too much more than what we have access to.

Patrick keep me updated on your search, I would love to get Ash a flightsuit done. I know the materials are going to be steep but Hey she's worth it!

Hi Everyone,

I recently aquired some of the Sommers fabric to make the Viper costume, but, I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to tailoring. I've been talking to some seamstresses, but they all want 1k+ even if I provide the fabric and leave out the vest. I know it's a basic flightsuit / jumpsuit pattern, but has anyone made this pattern for the own flightsuit that I could use and bring to a tailor (or try myself, wince) so they don't have to charge for making their own pattern? I have a pattern for the pockets.

This is a question I've seen on numerous threads elsewhere, but, I finally have seem to found a place with "recent" BSG costuming fans that can help me out.

Thanks!

Tamiwi: There was a thread on the ASAP board about a flightsuit pattern but I don't know what the outcome was.

Sent from my Droid

Does anyone have any currently for BSG costuming? I've got a few things but there's still a few things I need to track down, and figure out how to put together. Seems the most link so I can find on the boards are dead links nowadays. Thanks guys

I've just started making a Chief Tyroll/Deckcrew uniform after meeting Aaron Douglas at SLC FanX and having him sign my Galactica model base. I know someone posted on scihero.net the pattern for the vest, but the link is now dead. Anyone have access to that file or want to share their information? I've got just about everything enroute to me now for the costume, except for the diamond shaped material for the vest pockets, And I should have that soon as I saw some shelf liner material at Home Depot that could be painted to match, although I didn't really want to buy a 20' roll to only be using less than a foot....I'm planning on starting the build log next week.
Thanks,
Bill in SLC

Hi. I am trying to get together a group of BSG fans so I can produce the minimum order quantity of the Chromaflair polyurethane used in flight suits. My company sold Universal and we are out of the three authentic colors View attachment 331150View attachment 331151 used. I know it is expensive due to the chromaflair pigment but we have sold this to Anovos and others in the past. Can you help? Are you interested in joining a mailing list?

- - - Updated - - -

Hi. I am trying to get together a group of BSG fans so I can produce the minimum order quantity of the Chromaflair polyurethane used in flight suits. My company sold Universal and we are out of the three authentic colors View attachment 331150View attachment 331151 used. I know it is expensive due to the chromaflair pigment but we have sold this to Anovos and others in the past. Can you help? Are you interested in joining a mailing list?

I've just started making a Chief Tyroll/Deckcrew uniform after meeting Aaron Douglas at SLC FanX and having him sign my Galactica model base. I know someone posted on scihero.net the pattern for the vest, but the link is now dead. Anyone have access to that file or want to share their information? I've got just about everything enroute to me now for the costume, except for the diamond shaped material for the vest pockets, And I should have that soon as I saw some shelf liner material at Home Depot that could be painted to match, although I didn't really want to buy a 20' roll to only be using less than a foot....I'm planning on starting the build log next week.
Thanks,
Bill in SLC

2 years ago, my bestfriend asked me to help him with a deck crew uniform for NYCC. For the grey vest, we used a yoga mat. I eye balled the pattern based on some screen shots. Its basically a wide "U" shape with the end of the "U" coming together on the chest. The we attached the pockets with yoga material with hot glue. The vest is attached to the orange flight suit with metal snap buttons so you would presumably remove it and throw the flight suit in the wash.
Hope this helps.
So say we all.

IMG_1657.JPGIMG_1814.JPGIMG_1820.JPG

That looks pretty good to me! If you want to use something like yoga mat material though, this one looks more accurate to me because of its single-direction pattern: Amazon.com : ProSource Premium High Density Exercise Yoga Mat with Comfort Foam and Carrying Case, Black : Exercise Mat Thick : Sports & Outdoors

Looks a little more like the screen images, where the base layer on the vest has a vertical pattern.

To be clear though... I'm super new around here so you've already done more than me.

I signed up for TCF two days ago but I haven't even recieved a confirmation email. I see people are posting over there- is it closed to new members?

In other news, I recieved a Viper Pilot care package from my good friend Mara Jade's Father this week:

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...AAH0/QO3TbGcNpIw/s912/IMG_20110810_125550.jpg

Thanks, MJF! I have almost all the doohickeys, now. I'm still looking for that damn USB hub. :lol

I know this is an very old thread, but I am trying to figure out what the blue component in this picture is? I know its for the small pocket on the right thigh, but I am having a hell of a time sourcing what it is. Thanks in advance for any help.

I believe it's a gameboy game cartridge holder.

The flightsuit accesories were a Uniball pen, Automotive door guards, a toothbrush tube and a gameboy game cartridge.

Last edited:
I believe it's a gameboy game cartridge holder.

The flightsuit accesories were a Uniball pen, Automotive door guards, a toothbrush tube and a gameboy game cartridge.

That's the info I found too, but I cant seem to find any Gameboy game cartridge that looks anything like this. After doing a little more digging it looks like a Gameboy Advance, I would love to be able to pick up a resin copy somewhere.

Jeryhorn it's not an actual game cartridge, it's the case that some of them came with. I believe I have an extra in the shop from when I finished my flight suit, send me a PM and I'll see if I can find one for you.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back