Where's all the BSG Costuming discussion going on these days?

There are a ton of us who still do the costumes, its just seems like the discussions seem to hav died a bit. These are from SDCC my wife (Starbuck) and me (Chief) had a blast at the Anovos shoot!

284526_10150320807285027_501600026_9798539_1314198_n.jpg

223121_10150331885720027_501600026_9921235_4219570_n.jpg

LMAO. Ryan, we did it again. It's Justin Patrick. :lol

It really sucks that you can't get the Costumebase ones anymore. Their are so many resources for upgrading them. Plus you could wear it while sourcing the proper Sommers material, then use it as a template to make a more cannon suit.

I thought the boots on the show were by LawPro?

Oh. These are the pilot's shoes. Bought 'em.

Now I still need the damn BDU boots. lol Dana from ANOVOS suggested just picking up a pair of side-zip Hi-Tec's, I think that's what I'll do.

Last edited:
I thought the boots on the show were by LawPro?

Oh. These are the pilot's shoes. Bought 'em.

Now I still need the damn BDU boots. lol Dana from ANOVOS suggested just picking up a pair of side-zip Hi-Tec's, I think that's what I'll do.

Yeah the side zips are what I have and they look really close to the lawpros! nice I was gonna scoop up those crosstrekkers damn you Patrick!:cry

Oh I jumped all over those! Lol. My size, even. Thanks, robquick!

I'll keep an eye out, our sewing guy at work needs a set for his too.

Sent from my Droid

Oh I jumped all over those! Lol. My size, even. Thanks, robquick!

I'll keep an eye out, our sewing guy at work needs a set for his too.

Sent from my Droid

Well if you source out the flightsuit I know ash would like to get one at sometime in the future for her Starbuck!

If there are a bunch of us who would be interested in an intermediate flightsuit, we should collaborate and try and do a group deal. It will be a lot cheaper to hire someone for a small run than individual pieces. I don't know about the rest of you, but I definately do not want a Vinyl suit. I would rather get a very close heavy satin and airbrush the highlights on. I want the suit to be comfortable because I plan on wearing the crap out of it ;-)

Thanks WebChief. I've actually been trying to get access to The Colonian Fleet, but I can't seem to get access. I heard that the site is closed to new membership. And call me green, but I do not know what the ASAP is. Do you have any contact info for Duster? I would appretiate it.

I just sent an email to Duster from the TCF about the possiblity of him producing an Intermediate Level Flightsuit using standard Heavyweight Satin and vinyl (for the scales). There are a lot of standard medium sheen satins out there that are damn close to the shade and thickness of the Sommers, and are only like $5 a yard. We could airbrush highlights with the Jacqaurd Metallic Olive Fabric paint if we wanted extra depth. I read that the screen worn sommers suits were airbrushed anyway. So if we could achieve a very close replica, something between a Costumebase and a $1,000 high end piece, and not sweat to death when at cons, I think we could really have something!

My friend and I want to do nice ones with the Sommers fabric. I know its pricey and hot, but I want to look like I walked off the set. Not to say other fabrics look bad, but I'd rather use the real deal if I can, which seems to be the trick given its limited availability.

On further inspection, I don't think those shoes are 100% correct, but they are close enough for now. I'd rather have a "close enough" backup if I can't find the right ones.

Sent from my Droid

As far as I can tell, cannon flightsuits are going for $1,000+. If you have that kind of change to throw down, then you shouldn't have any trouble finding them.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back