Where to find the best gaffi stick?

This can be a fairly easy prop to make if you are just going for the look. Mine is a combination of wood, plastic and a printed pineapple end. It isn’t accurate to any one in particular but I wanted something a little more generic for my Tusken costume.
AA0D381A-ADD0-4C47-B197-D142308C3461.jpeg

...that is a tad more than I was expecting.
Really? Regal Robot makes some fine pieces but they tend to be on the high side. This was exactly what I was expecting for price range.

If I didn’t already have a gaffi stick made from a Fijian war club, I would go to Woodchuck and have him make one. He makes some great gaffi sticks. He makes the whole thing out of wood but I bet he would make just the club end if you wanted to add you own spike end.

Hi,
if you are not in too much of a hurry, Wonder Knight and myself will be doing a small run of high end metal and wood gaffi sticks in the months to come, we are just waiting for me to finish a couple projects before.

here is a teaser on the metal work by wonder knight so far.
this is just a prototype and it might seem quite messy but I'm confident she did an extremely accurate job!
View attachment 1494814
View attachment 1494815
Is this still in the making? I would be interested :)

Is this still in the making? I would be interested :)
hey,
as I said, "if you are not in a hurry". I want to do a lot of things and don't have time to do everything. This project is a bit particular because my wife already did the metal work and is waiting for me to do the wood, so it would be better, for the sake of my relationship, if I would do it soon rather than later :lol: But I'm am still busy with other things for a few months at least. :)

hey,
as I said, "if you are not in a hurry". I want to do a lot of things and don't have time to do everything. This project is a bit particular because my wife already did the metal work and is waiting for me to do the wood, so it would be better, for the sake of my relationship, if I would do it soon rather than later :lol: But I'm am still busy with other things for a few months at least. :)
Thanks for the reply. I'm not in a hurry. I will watch this thread and as soon as there is something to announce from your side I will notice it. Good luck with your wife hehe ;)

Oh, bit off-topic, but this reminds me.

I've been looking for a totokia for a LONG time. Last year I bought one from Etsy, and received this piece of junk :

01.jpg

02.jpg

The shape was WAY off obviously, and it's made of ebony. But not the good black part of ebony, the solid as steel white part. It was just covered in black paint.
It took me about 70 hours of work (I only have a Dremel) to turn it to something remotely looking like a real one.

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

The head is too big, but there's wood paste everywhere and I couldn't reshape it more than that.

While it’s a beautiful piece and has lineage, it doesn’t justify the almost $2k price in my opinion.
Yeah, thats much more than I was originally planning for a gaffi stick. Especially since I see so many great ones that people have built. I just haven't had much luck in finding the right pieces thus far.

RR stuff is beautiful! I saw this piece and others at Celebration, Chewie is my favorite. $2K for the Gaffi is just crazy though!
Edited: Sorry, I'm recovering from a sinus infection and a bit grumpy. That came out a bit harsher than intended.
Have to say the craftmanship is excellent, but being new to the prop-collecting, is just in a different realm than my budget.

Last edited:
I see people spend $2K+ for Master Replicas lightsabers all the time, and they are not true lineage like the RR ANH Gaffi is. My issue isn’t the price, but the space it requires to properly display it. Tom Spina has thrown out some hints about what is coming in the future, so I’m passing and waiting for some new creatures or droids.

I am not going to say that $2000 it not worth it as it most likely is and will continue to increase in value over time. But I think most of the previous remarks are more in line with what the individual is willing to invest toward their personal collection and also whether or not such an item meets there needs.

For me personally and my own collection, I really dislike the items I have that tend to make it seem more like a museum piece than it does a something I feel like I can touch, hold, wield, and swing. Something you don't feel like you are going ruin if you handle it or scratch it.

As I posted above, I have a gaffe stick may from a real Fijian war club. Back in 2012, it only cost about $200 (that includes the shipping fees that almost doubled the price. And maybe $100 (maybe less) for the steel end replica. So $300 for parts was a great deal. The hardest part was drilling the hole with just a power drill and trying not to go in crooked. If I had it to do over again, I would have made it so you could unscrew the metal end and replace it with a stunt end if I ever wanted to take it out in public. My gaffe stick is feel great but you definitely need to be careful to who or what is around you because it could do some damage. See earlier post for images: Where to find the best gaffi stick?

I mentioned this a few pages ago but I feel it needs repeating. If I was looking to get another gaffi stick, I would approach it this way.
  1. I would contact Woodchuck to see if the following plan was doable.
  2. I would look for someone to get the metal end created.
  3. Once the metal end was made, I would have it sent directly to Woodchuck.
  4. I would commission Woodchuck to create the wooden portion of the gaffe stick to fit the metal end.
  5. I would also ask him to make it so the metal end could be removed so that a stunt replacement cold be switched out (something like wood he makes or even plastic and foam that you could DIY.

Last edited:
Check out my review of the Regal Robot Gaffi Sticks from A New Hope and The Mandalorian If you’re looking for a licensed version

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back