Where to find the best gaffi stick?

I will go through and see if I can find the site later.

this is where I bought mine…

Here is what they have for clubs.

You could try sending a photo of the style you want and see what they say. they used to have two sizes. You want the largest. I tried the smallest one first and it was undersized for a replica of what we know as the gaffi stick.

Also, back when I bought mine, the prices were pretty reasonable. I think I got mine for under $100 but be prepared to spend that and possibly more in import and shipping fees. I thought it was worth it for a real wood Fiji hand crafted war club.

From what I heard, they don't do Totokias anymore because Star Wars fans were always sending back the totokias they got as the shape was not the same as the movie. Hence why we want to do that run ourselves with Wonderknight now.
that being said, i don't know why they never did the "star wars totokia" instead of just random totokias, since there was such a market for it.

About 15 years ago, before Sci fire and hyperfirn were run into the ground, I had molded one and we were going to do them in rubber. I still have it in the garage. Not sure if any were ever sold.

From what I heard, they don't do Totokias anymore because Star Wars fans were always sending back the totokias they got as the shape was not the same as the movie. Hence why we want to do that run ourselves with Wonderknight now.
that being said, i don't know why they never did the "star wars totokia" instead of just random totokias, since there was such a market for it.
Well I don't know where you heard that, but I can tell you I was quite happy with mine.

Also, there really is no such thing as a "star wars totokia". Most likely you, like most tend to point to that scene with Luke and the Tusken Raider attack because that one gets the most attention but the other Tusken Raiders had other gaffe sticks.

Gaderffii_btm.jpg

I myself do not know for sure but I believe some, if not all above are a war club variant.

intro-1604327245.jpg

Even the classic style that most people associate with the gaffe stick has variables.

mandalorian-14-gaffi-stick.jpg

TheMandalorian_chapter5_tuskens_1.jpg

So while I can understand a desire to create a “I want a replica of that one” for your collection. There are variants in the Star Wars universe.

I know what you mean totally :)
however, there is only one "totokia" in ANH, the other clubs are different fidji clubs with their own name, the paddle shaped one for instance is a "gata" and the website you showed still sell some other variant, they just don't sell totokias anymore. I need to ask my wife for the "rumor", I think she read it directly from them, apparently, since photos of the actual totokia you would get were not showed when buying, lots of star wars fans were sending back what they got and eventually they stoped doing the totokia.
cheers

I think when folks think 'Tusken Raider Gaffi Stick', they're going to be thinking about what came with the action figures they played with as kids, or even 'collected' as adults...
Screenshot_20210917-081551.png
Screenshot_20210917-081638.png

& even the modern Black Series figure, though it gives you options to change the Gaffi Stick for variants in army building, they keep the club section the same...
Screenshot_20210917-081821.png

Folks pretty much want the pineapple grenade, bantha toothpick on the one end, & 4 crossed blades & a spike on the other.

Do you consider doing a run?
If I recall there wasn't enough interest back then to do a run. To do one now I'd need ten people at a couple hundred each to even start a new run. It's expensive doing durable rubber items of this size. Even then I would have to come up with a new end piece. Don't think we even moukded the one we fabricated back then and those may have walked off with a commercial shoot.

Attachments

• BC01A575-E480-4452-BCE5-6CF737B728D9.JPG
    BC01A575-E480-4452-BCE5-6CF737B728D9.JPG
    705.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 3CF07D92-C84A-457C-AC19-8EB7ED824D1C.JPG
    3CF07D92-C84A-457C-AC19-8EB7ED824D1C.JPG
    716.9 KB · Views: 137
I don't want to turn this into an interest thread but I'd bet you could get enough interested even if it was just for the totokia part.

I know what you mean totally :)
however, there is only one "totokia" in ANH, the other clubs are different fidji clubs with their own name, the paddle shaped one for instance is a "gata" and the website you showed still sell some other variant, they just don't sell totokias anymore. I need to ask my wife for the "rumor", I think she read it directly from them, apparently, since photos of the actual totokia you would get were not showed when buying, lots of star wars fans were sending back what they got and eventually they stoped doing the totokia.
cheers

Like I said in prior posts; you should send a photo of what you are looking for, I did and that how ai ended up with mine. Not saying they still have them because this was back in 2012 but you never know. They had sent me a photo of what they had. As also mentioned in previous posts, the main difference between what they offered was that it had a weird cube shape in the mid area of the point. But that was easily fixed with a dremmel, sand paper, and paint.

I'm waiting for Regal Robot on this one honestly, they actually made the ones for Mandalorian season 2, so its about as good as you can get in terms of a replica. I THINK they are going to up for purchase sometime this year, but you never know for sure.
No, they did not make the ones for Mando. I'm pretty sure they were made in-house.

No, they did not make the ones for Mando. I'm pretty sure they were made in-house.
Sorry, they didn’t produce the props for the show. What I meant was they provided the copies used to create the props, presumably used as the master for a mold if made that way.

Any updates on one being offered by Regal Robot or anyone else looking to offer one?
I haven’t heard anything new, but after seeing the latest Book of Boba Fett episode, I suspect that many of the props and even a certain full body costume has Tom Spina’s involvement in some capacity.

I think Regal Robot will announce some new items once the holochess sets are shipped within the next month or so.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back