What Would You Change About Predator ?

Reaper1

The other day i was having a debate with my mate who's more of a Alien Fan but he does think Predator is cool but theres one thing he said to me that got me thinking he said " if it was up to me i'd change everything about him" , Now me personally i wouldn't change a thing but what about you lot ? . Is there anything at all you'd change ?

More interesting: how would he change the creature and into what?

lol , i know thats exactly what i said his reply was " well i like the helmet and the weaponary but he isn't that scary at all i'd of made him a lil like the Aliens now there scary " i was like O_O " What not scary how can you call a creature like that not scary he skins you alive and rips your spine and head off if he was real and came here you'd be brickin yourself"

anyway back on topic , i was just curious if any of you would change anything i think it's a quite interesting question.

I cannot say i would change a thing about him i was sitting here thinking for a long time about what i could change and nothing came up so i think that they are good the way they are. :D

I cannot say i would change a thing about him i was sitting here thinking for a long time about what i could change and nothing came up so i think that they are good the way they are.

i totally agree with you mate there perfect and awesome , i'll tell my mate to come here and try havin a debate with my Fellow Clan Members :D he'd lose horribly

There’s nothing that needs to be changed about the predator. He‘s perfect for who he is and what he is. I and I‘m sure all of his fans accept him for him. The predator is perfect in all his strengths and weaknesses.

However …once a single change is made to him, then the flood gates will be open for more changes, as we’d be seeking to attain once again that which was ruined when we decided to deviate from the original character. The predator’s perfect... just let him be.
~Estelle
…But then again, reaper 666 …. I can think of something I’d change….lol

I wouldn't change anything about pred but I'd give him a bigger back story more films (good quality ones more like the original ones that means you AVPR) because from the 2 pred films we have we don't learn much about pred society only from AVP unlike the alien films which if watch them you know pretty much everything but pred as a charichter is perfect

1 thing to change and 1 thing only... dies at end of every movie has to go

that i agree with it sucks that he dies at the end of every film of his atleast let him survive once lol it's just kinda harsh

I wouldn't change anything about pred but I'd give him a bigger back story more films (good quality ones more like the original ones that means you AVPR) because from the 2 pred films we have we don't learn much about pred society only from AVP unlike the alien films which if watch them you know pretty much everything but pred as a charichter is perfect

i agree with you too PANIK i would like a better back story and like i said in my first post i wouldn't change anything about him he's just awesome but i was just curious about what everyone here thought.

1 thing to change and 1 thing only... dies at end of every movie has to go

I completely agree mate, apparantly the directors think that having the human hero's at the end survive rather than the predator gives the movie a better plot or the perfect ending type deal. personally i would have it the other way around.

i guess the only thing i would change, simply because it's a small detail that doesn't make sense to me, even though it looks cool, but the little red and blue/purple veins on the inside of their mouths? why would they have those colored veins if their blood is "BRIGHT GREEN?!?" our veins are that way because of the oxygenated, and non-oxygenated blood passing through our body, but that simple detail, i don't believe was ever truly thought about. i think when i paint the mouth of my pred mask, I'm gonna make those veins a dark green or somethin... i don't know.

I wouldn't change anything. I may be the only one who doesn't want any back story on the predator in the movie. It's what makes him (them) mysterious and lets your mind take over. Back stories are created for main characters. I like the fact the Pred takes the secondary role in movies and comes out right when he should.

Couldn't of worded it better myself. I think the "we want to keep it mysterious" camp should enjoy the movies, comics and novels that are out that second this notion. Or, go read a mystery novel. :D

I think it's high time that there should be some light shed on the species. Not necessarily a full foray but instead something small like a peepshow. Just enough to satisfy curiosity while stimulating the creativity of the fans as well as those who would be in charge of the storylines for comics and novels. The same old "pred hunts guy or all of guy's comrades, guy hunts pred, guy finally wins, pred dies" can only be rehashed so many times. I think the Predators movie will be a very welcoming re-telling of this tied and true formula. Anything after it is uncreative nonsense to keep the cashflow heavy.

EDIT: Also what Xcalibor said in the Predators movie thread is a good re-wording of what I am talking about:

All this said i do rather like the fact that they are exploring different aspects of Predator culture without dissecting it. Meaning, show on screen that there are in fact these different clans and they don't always get along but don't go into names and clan planets and territories and all that BS. Just open another chapter but don't divulge too much. Thats what draws us to the creature, besides the design and overall badassedness (made up word, lol), but also the mystique and mystery of the creature. We know just enough about the creature to all let our minds run wild with ideas about the character.

lol , i know thats exactly what i said his reply was " well i like the helmet and the weaponary but he isn't that scary at all i'd of made him a lil like the Aliens now there scary " i was like O_O " What not scary how can you call a creature like that not scary he skins you alive and rips your spine and head off if he was real and came here you'd be brickin yourself"

anyway back on topic , i was just curious if any of you would change anything i think it's a quite interesting question.
While the alien is cool, the whole appeal of the predator is the fact that it is a civilised creature instead of astronaut-munching-8ft-cockroach. Both look stunning, and by todays standard aren't all that scary to see (because back then, subtle wasn't a verb.).

Both are works of art IMO, and there's little that'd improve the concept. The only thing that can be improves is to elaborate on what has been the core concept/style.

They probably don't have the same biological systems as we do in terms of saliva. For all we know it could be the product of mucus membranes in their mouth.

Them dying in the movies is good, gives the character more depth,that and they were never going to beat Arnie,no way.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back