What Would You Change About Predator ?

I might have covered up the feet a little too, It seems like the sandal-ish feet would kinda suck as far as footing and stability goes. It doesn't seem all that practical, in a form = function kind of way. I have something else in mind for the Traveler build.

Thank you Scott!

Now back on track...

I think as a fictional character the Pred is seen by many people as it was in the first and second movie. The problem is that AVP came along and messed with certain images and truths that have been determined in he first and second movies.

I'm all for variety, diversity and creativity when it comes to everyone designing their own Preds. Be that in drawings, sculpts or full blown suits. You can't please everyone all the time when it comes to changing something so iconic as the Predator.

Look at the facts we know from Predator and Predator 2:
-the heat brings the Preds to hunt. AVP decided to bring Preds to the cold for what - a change of pace? Once there are certain facts and rules made in fiction they should be respected. That's the problem with remakes now....these new directors waltz in and decide to do whatever they want. Ie: Superman lifting a Kryptonite island in Superman Returns? George Lucas using CGI in Star Wars instead of the miniatures and physical sets? Or blowing up the Vulcan homeworld in the new Star Trek? NO! I could keep going about how drastic changes piss me off but I think everyone gets my point.

-Predators are typically lean hunters who use stealth and technologically advanced weapons to hunt their prey. This is the basis that the first two movies set whereby comics and fanficton have taken it and created their own version of how they see Predators. The problem is that even tho the Predator can be as different as our own human culture, it's still based on a movie character and was designed in a very unique way. You won't see a Bio helmet with flowers and daisies engraved into the dome. You won't see an overweight Predator sitting on a beach somewhere eating Cheetos and chicken wings. Why not? Because based on what we know from the first two movies, they are hunters...not lazy fat bastards who couldn't climb a tree if their life depended on it!!!

When it comes to movies I regard the first and second movies as canon and that's it. AVP has very little appeal to me because it strayed so far from the original concept. AVPR was too dark and had **** for a story, but at least Ian Whyte tried his best to portray the character he same way Kevin Peter Hall did. I REALLY have my hopes up for the new movie in July because of the small bits of it that I've seen. I'm sure there will be stuff I don't like but as long as they stick to what has already been established and don't go off in a tangent making the Predators related to Klingons, we should be in for quite a treat.

When it comes to fan-created art, sculpts, suits and anything else that fans of the character create, I am all for what-ever-the-hell designs you want. It's a free country. Go nuts creating a Predator/human relationship, or drawing a couch potatoe Predator. I may not like it but i enjoy nothing better than to see what other artists create based on how they see the Predator...as long as it's not too far fetched or gay!

I agree Predatrhuntr most remakes piss me off to,they dont stay true to the orginal concept at all

And the Predator should be a lean killing machine,anything else does not make sense for a hunter ffs end of story

I agree Predatrhuntr most remakes piss me off to,they dont stay true to the orginal concept at all

And the Predator should be a lean killing machine,anything else does not make sense for a hunter ffs end of story

While i do agree partially on sticking to the original i dint mind the AVP preds that much (sometimes a change might be good) apart from some details. Like armour etc (except for the freakishly long blades, wich dint appeal to me) looked rather nice and somehow would have made sense perhaps if only the story and way they went with the movie dint screw it up.

All got different opinions and its a forum to discuss about it ofc without any personal attacks...No need for any of this :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: well done.

oh, and we were all just saying that some times change is good, sometimes it's not, depends on what they're changing. and then "WHAT THE F&#%, YOU AS*@%LE! F&#% YOU, AND YOUR BULLS#%$!!", " NO F&#% YOU!!", " NO, F&#% YOU!!" ETC., ETC., ETC.

SO, anyway, just thought i'd catch you up :p
are there any ideas or inklings on what they may change..? Or are we going to just have to wait and be surprised? I mean as long as there’s no gross deviation from the creature, meaning that if it’s still recognizable as a pred. by way of persona and form, I’ll pretty much be fine with it. But when they start mutating and morphing and began sprouting wings, horns and suff… well, that’s when I’ll have an issue. But I have faith that they won’t go that far. Another thing that bothers me is Laurence Fishebrun’s presence in the predators films, he’s a well know bad azz and rightly so. But I hope they won’t have him going hand to hand with preds. and pounding them into submission . I mean Laurence is a tough man… but he’s just that, a man. And no man is a match for a pred. I hope they keep true to that.

I really wish the preds would not die in such stupid manners. C'mon now...AVP pred gets killed after basially rendering the alien useless in his net. Surprise attack? WTF. And P2 gets beaten by Glover with his own weapon on his own ship? He can avoid machine gun fire but not a tired overworked cop.

...Been a while since I posted here.

Is there anything I would change about the Predator? Well, no. At least.. not a lot of things anyway.

But if I were to change somethings about some Predators, here are some ideas of mine.

1) Scar Predator. Don't get me wrong, I love AVP and all but there are a few things which I think should've been changed about Scar. For one, I think he should've been much more fiercer and more in line with the character of a Predator. Scar needed to be meaner, harder. I didn't mind the team up, he and Lex realized they had a common enemy, and they needed to team up. He marked her as a warrior, and I didn't mind that, but that scene should've been done differently. Scar needed a fiercer expression instead of that weird soft gaze. He needed to look angrier, fiercer.

2) The Super Predators in Rodriguez's PREDATORS-- Yeah, they need to go. There was no real need to upgrade the original concept of the character so those things could be better than the original character which Jim and John Thomas created twenty three years ago. It would've made more sense to have those BSPs as Bad Blooded Yautja.

3) Wolf-- even though I adore Wolf, I think his mandibles and head could've been done better. When Wolf wears the mask, he looks fine but without it, he could look better.

-Rakai'Thwei

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back