What is your 'grail' and do you own it?

Vykk Draygo

New to the boards but love reading everything on here.

My question is are some of your 'grails' of collecting? The piece(s) that you may own or that may keep alluding you like Ahab's whale to which you are consumed with finding.

I have two:

1. The tictoc lifesize Yoda from ROTS that Pepsi displayed in stored back in '05.
Due to ridiculous shipping and the risks involved I have yet to track one down.

81031efa.jpg

2. The Icons Predator mask replica. My favorite version of any of the masks , the P1, and unfortunately one that Sideshow has yet to produce.

d0542e4e.jpg

The Bttf DELOREAN...and yes I own the car, and about 80% of the conversion parts nothing bolted on yet, car needs a water pump...then it begins.

But I would also love to get an Ironman or War Machine costume.

mike

why get an icons pred bio when you can have one out of the studio mold directly?
hit up ptgreek over on the lair. he has the P1 stunt mold. and sells them quite cheap.

my grail is a 1:1 non recasted gremlin in kit form. talk about something that doesnt exist anymore....

I'm surprised you're having a hard time tracking down the pepsi yoda. They were on ebay a few years ago for only a few hundred dollars.

It's not that they are hard to find , it's more the associated shipping costs which are absurd and the risk of damage happening in transit for such a huge item.

Yes, the Cars are always cool...

The BTTF Delorean or the JP Jeep or Explorer... the Ecto 1... I own nothing of it...

I don't have a Darth Vader Costume or a Stormtrooper and no Indiana Jones Gear, so nothing of the stuff I want to have one day...

Hope to have my Proton Pack ready soon, this IS one of the Holy Grails, and if its finished finally I own it... It just took 8 years to get an acurate Pack... :$

Ecto-1, baby. Now that I have my proton pack and the full uniform (my previous grail) I need one of those to drive around town. And no, I'm not even close to owning it (those '59 Miller Meteor tend to be rare up here :()

I have two. The first being my Terminator. This is one of the last ones to come out of Paul's studio before he joined SS, signed it as well. The second being my life size Elder from Pred 2. I'm still only able to afford cup o noodles but that's ok, I'm happy.

I'm seeing a lot of my "grails" on the list already. The BTTF Delorean would probably be my all time goal. But currently I'm dreaming of something a little more realistic, and that's a Captain America shield.

Realistic grail, yes. A crystal that was made from one of the original superman crystals. It's my favorite prop I own.

My "OH GOD LET ME SELL A KIDNEY!!" one? Probably a screen used Superman Reeve costume, or the kryptonite necklace from the first movie. Always wondered what happened to it.

Chris

The MR Millenium Falcon is very high on my "grail" list - but right now I don't have the needed cash, nor the space to display it properly.

I have two and I know I will never have them (if they can even be considered props).

The '89 Batmobile with working extra bits and the Aston Martin DB5 from Goldfinger with, also, working accessories.

A definite grail, I guess it would be the Mark IX Tricorder or better TNG Tricorder in general. I got my superduperoverthetopexplosivelyawesome efx version, which I longed for over 20 years since TNG started.

A couple of nice things, I'd like to own and consider grails to hunt: Terminator/TSCC Plasma Rifle, Hoverboard (since the 120 bucks too much for me, I'll goin' to make a long term project out of it, using the datas provied on RPF, and will improve some small things for stability and durability). Maybe one or two other things, that won't come into my mind…

I do also have the Alan Bradley Pager, Sam Flynn's necklace, Terminator chip, etc…

I'll play..

- a complete KITT from the original knight rider series...accurate dash, etc

- the cockpit of blue thunder

- a full scale x-wing fighter (like the one I saw in the Denver CO aviation museum)

For me it
s Michaelangelo's mask from the first live action tmnt film and I own it now.

other than that, i would honestly say a working Johnny 5 or Lost in Space movie robot. don't own that :-(

Mine was my all real parts OWK ANH saber. I had to sell it after my divorce. Now I'm trying to build another one, but I don't think I'll ever track down another Derwent Interconnector.
Oh well. It's probably for the best. It was always kinda hard to justify owning a single part that cost 2k.
Dan

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back