What is the 'white model process'? (as covered in the Sculpting A Galaxy Limited Edition)

WIlhelmScream

In the Limited Edition of Lorne Peterson's Star Wars Sculpting A Galaxy book, among the extra features is advertised a 12 page booklet covering the 'white model process': What is this 'white model' process?

I have been a long-time fan of movie miniatures but have only recently started making my own, so my knowledge is limited. I obviously have not seen this booklet.

I have the mass market edition of the book and do not foresee being able to afford the Limited Edition on the secondary market any time soon.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Well I haven't seen the 12 page booklet but as a model maker in the F/X industry a "white model" normally refers to a quick study model made of foam core.
It's a quick way to figure out scale, size, proportion, etc. It's also a cheap material and easy to cut and tape/glue together.

Thank you so much!

Well I haven't seen the 12 page booklet but as a model maker in the F/X industry a "white model" normally refers to a quick study model made of foam core.
It's a quick way to figure out scale, size, proportion, etc. It's also a cheap material and easy to cut and tape/glue together.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back