What does Matsuo owe you? (Problems with Matsuo)

I’m a local tradesman and how I have done business the last 20 years is by taking 50% up front which secures materials and the balance due upon completion of the job.

Similarly , when I used to take commissions on some props or leatherwork I would take a deposit and the balance was due when it was ready to ship.

I understand life gets in the way sometimes but ( I juggled growing my new business, renovating my home and having a newborn) but I always kept myself accountable to my customers and would regularly send progress pictures as that kept me motivated. Sometimes it was a real drag and when I was just too busy I just stopped taking orders rather than extending lead times. It was after all my hobby and just a side gig.

Just an update, guys, after all these years: still no pulse rifle from Matt Worsdell / Matsu / Matsucorp after about 8 years now being paid in full. He's also - seemingly officially this time due to the length and inactivity - appears to have stopped responding to my messages.

If and when he does come back, I'm expecting the same circle of excuses he's used for years (daughter's medical, hospital visit for himself, can't get to the shop due to snow, rent was raised, your rifle is almost done, wait - actually, I haven't even started your rifle - what did you order, again?, I'll try to get to the shop next week, I'll check in next week, here, some photos of progress that I used years ago on you, etc etc etc etc).

Apologies for the personal tone of this post, but at this point it's hard to consider him anything but a thief, and I know this karma will follow him the rest of his days.

Per DM's received here and on FB/IG, it looks like I'm far from the only person he's robbing and leaving high-and-dry, unfortunately, though at this point I might be the longest-standing.

Yep. Just over a month ago I DM'ed him out of the blue and was surprised to see he actually responded. This time the excuse was a burst appendix and a hospital stay...and then a promise for a solid update in a couple of days.

Needless to say I am still waiting.

Last message I got was back on February 10th. He had his appendix burst/had an Appendectomy around January 30th(?) and he was in recovery in the hospital for like 5-6 days after that, but since the 10th of February he's been ghosting me as well.

Woah, just got a reply after my 6 paragraph "WTHeck is going on" message to him today.

He's been having some bad family issues he's not going into. STILL doesn't have a working vehicle.
Still promised to get my items back to me that I sent him.

He's planning on liquidating in the coming year. What does that mean to those who are owed product?
Good question. Depending on who buys his gear, it might come down to a "service/shipping fee" to
get stuff made.

*Edit: He said he'll be finishing the overdue guns himself.

I've been waiting for pulse rifle parts for around 6 years now. The last I heard from him was March 2021 that my stuff was supposedly done and he just needed to find a box.
Here we are 3 years later and I still have nothing.

Last edited:
Okay, we're 20+ pages into the weeds now, but can people please reply/post with what Matsuo owes you? No need to list dollar value or anything, just list the items and maybe what date you ordered/paid, that way we can get an idea on how many items he still needs to do.

Please be specific. If you ordered a whole pulse rifle, or just a stock/barrel vent, stuff like that. Thanks!
*Note, I went back through all 21 pages and took note of people who ordered items and didn't receive.
If you're on this list and you DID get the item, or a refund, let me know and I'll take you off the list. Thanks!

Listed by date, oldest orders first.

Board ID - Forum - Item - Date Purchased
===============================
  1. 911dropship - The RPF - Aliens Pulse rifle, Sent SD Parts set, Spas Parts, full metal deactivated Thompson + Cash, 2007
  2. GroundBeef - The RPF - Aliens Smartgun - June 2013
  3. Ki Djowac - The RPF - 2 - Dredd Lawgiver pistols - May 2013
  4. Mawwic - The RPF - Aliens Pulse Rifle - March 2013
  5. Jevaho - The RPF - Dredd Lawgiver - 2013
  6. jason0013 - The RPF - Aliens PR with real steel Spas Cage & Grip, Demilled 870, 2xmagazines w/AL bases, Black resin grip for Thompson SMG, 10x Dummy rounds, Cold cast shrouds with hardware. - 2014
  7. 2keepandbear -The RPF - Aliens Pulse Rifle, supplied Spas cage, grip & real steel 870 - 2014-2015
  8. Halo_1 - The RPF - Full PR Shroud Kit with all the fixings - Mid-2000s. (2014?)
  9. Marshal echo - The RPF - Hero Doom Reaper rifle, Judge Dredd Lawgiver, Crux terminatus sculpture - 2015-2016
  10. StephenDutton - Aliens Legacy - M231 port firing weapon foregrips - Ordered from Matsucorp web site, pre-2016
  11. Rook 3 - off RPF deal - 3 prop/real steel guns sent for moldmaking - March, 2016
  12. TD5422 - The RPF - Matsuo Pulse rifle with Real Steel Spas Cage, pump grip and M870 bolt. Returned for repair only. 2016 (?)
  13. septic - The RPF - HCG PR Shrouds, 2016
  14. Dune5712 - The RPF - Aliens Pulse Rifle, Neil Blomkvist's teaser version (with rails / extended muzzle) - October 2017
  15. A.W. - Aliens Legacy - MG42 - Unmodded, 2017
  16. eethan - The RPF - Aliens Pulse Rifle - July 2018
  17. mr77 - The RPF Airsoft MAC-11 - 2018
  18. PakRatJR - The RPF - Full pulse rifle shroud parts set with brackets, shot counter window and mag base, buttstock and barrel vent. - 2019
  19. headhunter999 - The RPF/AL - Resin Aliens Flame unit and resin Welder, fully finished/assembled - December 2020
  20. LasagnaSmoothie - AL - Pulse Rifle - June 2021
  21. Prizmatic - The RPF Aliens PR - July 2021
  22. Eric Andros - RPF - NuBSG pistol kit with pre-painted faux wood grips. Bought on facebook in October 2021
  23. MosesGunn - The RPF Aliens Smartgun - November 2021
  24. Hirohawa - The RPF - Smart Gun Parts, Machined Muzzle, Bike handles etc. - 2021-2022
  25. HankRearden - The RPF - Aliens Pulse Rifle

Last edited:
I'm waiting on a pulse rifle shroud set, buttstock and barrel vent. Ordered January 2019. I'm going to need to dig a bit and hope I still have any of the emails from that long ago. I know paypal unfortunately don't go back that far. This is supposedly mine done from 2021 and was the last I heard from him.
1000001712.jpg

Last edited:
I'm owed a NuBSG pistol kit with pre-painted faux wood grips. Bought back in October 2021, through a Facebook chat.

Last I heard from him was back in August 2022, he hasn't read/replied to any of the messages I sent him since then.

Last edited:
Looks like you have mine, but yeah:

1. M41A Pulse Rifle - his top-of-the-line service with it. Technically, asked for Neil Blomkvist's teaser version (with rails / extended muzzle when he teased Aliens 5), but at this point I'd easily take the classic.

Paid in full 10/23/2017. $1,300.

Woah, just got a reply after my 6 paragraph "WTHeck is going on" message to him today.

He's been having some bad family issues he's not going into. STILL doesn't have a working vehicle.
Still promised to get my items back to me that I sent him.

He's planning on liquidating in the coming year. What does that mean to those who are owed product?
Good question. Depending on who buys his gear, it might come down to a "service/shipping fee" to
get stuff made.

*Edit: He said he'll be finishing the overdue guns himself.
That’s a long list He recently made another member a prop after a long while so still some hope there .

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back